Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Bury FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 33181 times)
AldbourneRed

Ignore
« Reply #300 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 22:54:21 »

Navarrro getting some stick on Twitter and has already responded with:

All I can do is apologise 4 my personal performance, it wasn't thru not caring, but thru lack of games, but still not gud enuf, I know this.

Fair play for facing up to it, but that was a very very woeful performance. He was obviously livid when he left the pitch, probably something to do with him being the player that was jeered off. Let's hope he moves on from this quickly, our midfield can't absorb performances like that.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 22:55:10 »

. For the 3rd home game in a row Macca cost us a goal.
And if it wasn't for Wes' penalty save against Shrewsbury it would be 4 in a row.

He really isn't a full back.

Colchester and Macclesfield were easily worse than tonight.
chubbslovesbeer

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 22:59:03 »

Top spot changes again.Who the fuck is going to win this league?Huh?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 23:00:35 »

That was proper shit.

We have been proper shit under Di Canio, and so I don't think that you can say it would have been different with him still at the helm BUT....the atmosphere has changed around the place. Things were going badly and it felt like the place was just waiting to let out collective groans. This is the reason we need the right manager, now. We need to get belief back to the team, fans and, well, everyone.

Onto the match. From early on Bury were stronger and looked dangerous on the break. And so it proved as they broke with pace and an average cross from the left was turned in from close range. After that they sat back and were reasonably physical taking advantage of a weak ref.

Yet for 35 minutes of the first half out best plan was to lump it onto their big centre back pairings heads. For 10 minutes we worked out that this was a shit idea, but didn't know what to do instead.

Second half was marginally better. In the 78th minute we even managed out FIRST shot on goal. In fact we had a couple more after if you count Rooney's speculative overhead, and Flint's header which was too close to the keeper. Our final chance went when the lesser spotted Rooney (L) who beat the keeper to the ball, then passed it into the side netting on the stretch.

Williams confidence looks shot.
Collins looked stronger towards the end but was ineffective through most of the match.
Roberts was OK, nothing more.
De Vita looks to have lost his way.
Miller was poor.
Nevaro was Pook on a bad day.
Macca was pretty poor, but at least he tried to get into the game and play the ball.
Flint was probably MOTM but still hoofs too much, or heads it to the opposition when he had enough time to have a picnic then control it.
Ward was fucking shit for the first time in ages.
McCeverly is slow to pass, and when he does he seems to think the opposition are his team mates.
Wes had nothing to do really, but took another shit free kick.
Rooney A struggled to get into the game, mainly because there was 0 service.
Rooney L didn't get much opportunity to do much. Played a good ball into the box, should've pulled the ball back after robbing the keeper.
Thompson looked positionally ropey at first but improved and looked reasonable going forward.

All in all this was as bad as we have been this season, but we've been this bad before. The danger this time is there is nobody in charge to bust some balls.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 23:03:35 by Batch » Logged
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 23:01:01 »

I think the transfer window closes 3 March which gives no time to get a manager in let alone for him to recruit the 3-4 players the squad desperately needs.

3rd week of march isn't it? Think back to when we got jay mac and bostock just before the JPT final last year.

Need some new bodies by the sounds of it desperately.

Also wondered how having 2 managers on the field as well as a captain..how does that work.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 23:02:01 »

That side tonight will not even make the play offs. I dont want to repeat the slagging some of the players have got on here - but I dont disagree with what anyone has said.

There is no creativity in midfield, toothless upfront and from being a real tight-arse defence we now look like making at least one howler per game.

I think the transfer window closes 3 March which gives no time to get a manager in let alone for him to recruit the 3-4 players the squad desperately needs.

Confidence has been shot - which I suppose I can understand given what's been going on.

Why Nathan Thompson isn't one of the first names on the team sheet I dont know.

Both Rooneys had decent cameos.

Is it decided to play hoof ball or are the players so desperate to get rid of the ball it just happens.

One thing is for sure - whichever 3 teams eventually do go up this season are going to really struggle in the Championship.

Tis a poor League 1 this year

it closes on the 24th.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 23:02:33 »

The fella next to me said the performances against Orient and Colchester were worse than that tonight?
Think that edged it tbh, but yes we were shit for those two as well.
Victor Mildew

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 23:04:21 »

oh well just move on hey Pint
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 23:04:59 »

Navarrro getting some stick on Twitter and has already responded with:

All I can do is apologise 4 my personal performance, it wasn't thru not caring, but thru lack of games, but still not gud enuf, I know this.

Fair play for facing up to it, but that was a very very woeful performance. He was obviously livid when he left the pitch, probably something to do with him being the player that was jeered off. Let's hope he moves on from this quickly, our midfield can't absorb performances like that.
I see Jed is having an effect on the players already.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 23:09:11 »

I have been working tonight. I know nothing apart from the score. I haven't read the thread. I can only presume that doing so would give the impression the world has ended. It hasn't. On to Coventry. The lads will need some big support. Meanwhile, let's hope the right man is appointed soon.
pewshamrobin

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 23:12:28 »

What a spineless performance ......no spirit, passion, fight, discipline and tempo........ unless we get a Manager in the next week or so and 3+ loan players very soon  I fear our season will go south. A new manager will be able to make the hard choices to drop players, as there is no way Nathan Thompson should be a sub at present.
Saturday  I would start with Luke Rooney and drop De Vita, lets hope Ferry is fit again as I fear will be torn apart with a Miller - Navarro pairing.

ewsham Robin
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 23:17:20 »

It was pretty apparent that Navarro was no where near fit, he shouldn't have started.

The fans that jeered him should have been drowned at birth mind you
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 23:21:46 »

The fella next to me said the performances against Orient and Colchester were worse than that tonight?

Hard to believe - but we've played some crap even with Paolo

I'd say tonight possibly just shaded it.  However, you are correct, we had some crap performances under Paolo, particularly at home against teams at the bottom.  

The crowd reaction did seem extreme both during and at the end of the game.  I think much if it came from the turmoil of the last week or so catching up with people and people realising that as somebody mentioned, our season could fizzle out to nothing.

Can anyone honestly name more than a couple of players in that team who are actually capable of playing decent passing football and have the ability to change a game?  That's part of our problem, too many average players who overachieved under Paolo probably due to fear.  Now he's gone, they've got no direction and are distinctly average again.

I"m not sure what the chances of a new manager being in for Saturday are, but it didn't seem like Miller wanted to do it for any longer and it's not really fair to expect them to.  Something needs to happen and fast or the games will tick down.
WEBBERhyde

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 23:22:45 »

Wasn't at the game tonight, but noticed on Saturday Navarro didn't look particularly fit compared to the rest.

Get macca at cm with miller (if ferry unavailable), and Thompson back in the starting XI for me. Never been particularly convinced about McEvely to be honest though.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 23:33:44 »

Have we really gone from "not a bad job, let's see what Miller and Ward can do" to "we're so disorganised, the players are crap, it was all down to the manager and we need a new one NOW!" in the space of three days?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: