Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Bury FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 33293 times)
Gerinthere

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 23:38:50 »

oh well just move on hey Pint
Yep! We'll just move on. Down the fucking league.
For all those on here that said good riddance to Paolo and lets move on, take a look at Prestons and tonights performance. We are REALLY moving on.
Do you honestly think we will still be in the playoffs at the end of the season after those performances. Yes there is life after Paolo but it aint happening in the right direction. The man took all his backroom staff plus the players confidence and commitment with him. Fucking shower of shit tonight and I dread to think what's going to happen at Coventry. I've been supporting Town for 25 years and you know when you have an influential manager that is going to take you places. That's why I put money on Town to win promotion again. Looks like I wont be winning this time.
Even a new manager may not introduce the enthusiasm that Paolo had to pass on to the players and fans. We've really missed that in the last two games.
We've had crap performances under Paolo but not for a while that's cost us the game.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 23:41:22 »

It could be a coincidence but that's the worst ive seen Ward play so for that reason alone I would like to see a new manager in place ASAP.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 23:46:54 »

I'd just like to point out that we are 4th in the league, 3 points off top with a far greater goal difference and have 1 defeat in 14.
You'd think we were in a relegation scrap reading some of the shit on here the passed few days, yes tonight was shit but talk about over reacting.
flammableBen

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 23:54:33 »

I'd just like to point out that we are 4th in the league, 3 points off top with a far greater goal difference and have 1 defeat in 14.
You'd think we were in a relegation scrap reading some of the shit on here the passed few days, yes tonight was shit but talk about over reacting.

I'd like to point out that it's a complete mystery where we are going from here. So it's understandable people are worried.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Tuesday, February 26, 2013, 23:59:51 »

I'd like to point out that it's a complete mystery where we are going from here. So it's understandable people are worried.
Understandably Ben, the last 2 performances haven't been good and I can see why people are worried, but some of the constant negative comments during tonight's game and after it are way over the top.
A team that is sitting 4th in the league with 1 defeat in 14, got booed off the pitch tonight, yes it was shit but for fuck sake.
Again, Navarro, yes he was shit, but he started only his (I think) 2nd game in a few months, he's bound to be off the pace, don't slate the poor cunt.
Peter Gibbons

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 00:00:44 »

i'd like to point out that pissing and moaning on the Swindon chat forum can never be described as "over reacting"

It's not that I'm lazy.  It's that I just don't care.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 00:01:10 »

Just got back, that really was dismal.

I do feel sorry for the players, with all the upheaval of the past few weeks, their management team both being on the pitch and no one to guide them from the sidelines it is very difficult for them.

We lacked organisation, creativity and desire. A coach/manager is essential ASAP so that Miller and Ward can concentrate on doing their jobs properly and just to generally pick the players up a bit, they look deflated.

Our squad is also paper thin, we need a couple of loan signings just to give us a bit of depth. I would also like to A Rooney start on Saturday, his past few performances have been promising.

But my biggest gripe of the night is the window licking thundercunts who make up a proportion of our fan base. Cheering players as they go off the pitch? Come on, is that really helping anyone? Navarro's confidence must be shot to pieces, especially after a while out.

Yes, it was an awful performance, but a lot has happened in the last few weeks. We need to get behind the team and support them to help them get back to way we know they can play.

Roll on Coventry...
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 00:38:01 »

That was pretty shite wasn't it?! We haven't played very well at home most of the season against teams lower than us in the league! Navarro was shite and I didn't rate him in the games before he got injured either, I do hope he comes back stronger though, Ward had his worst game for a while, McEviley was woeful and his distribution/crossing have got worse, I can't remember Miller touching the ball, Williams confidence has gone, Flint needs to take a bit more time, McCormack was all over the place, Collins huffed and puffed and Roberts wasn't very good this evening. Thompson, Rooney L and Rooney A tried to get into the game and arguably were our 3 best players this evening.

A paper thin squad, no manager and a trip to a club 5 points off the play offs Saturday...worrying times! That said a lot has gone on the past few weeks, so hopefully 3 or 4 reinforcements will appear shortly, a manager should be appointed and results were kind to us again this evening! 12 big games now between now and the end of the season, lets get behind the lads and do our part!

#VivaKenBarlow!
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 00:43:45 »

I actually thought the crowd was very patient and supportive with what was an utterly abject performance tonight. Anyone who watched that and still thinks Di Canio was nothing special is a lunatic.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 00:56:48 »

Sat in my North Wales hotel room....thankful as fuck that I missed this shite.

Big games coming up.

coventry will come at us and that will probably work in our favour.

I will be there....whoever the board or manager is ....I will be here next fucking season.

Clems Army!
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 01:37:29 »

Might send in a letter of application tomorrow.

I've still got one I wrote (but never sent) for the England managers job.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 01:50:36 »

I'd like to point out that poor performances shouldn't be accepted regardless of league position.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #327 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 02:03:41 »

All eligible players asides from Chris Smith have been selected, we we still can't name a full squad.

Best get busy on those loan signings.
What's the harm in putting Smith on the bench, may as well have a full bench even if he has no chance of playing.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #328 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 02:27:53 »

Well that was awful, to not have a shot on target at home until the 80th minute against a bottom 4 side is unforgivable. The fact that all of our home defeats have been by the same scoreline says a lot about the mentality of our players when we go 1-0 down. In a way I'm glad that we are playing the top sides away from home because in the past few months our better performances have been better away from home, at home we just play hoofball (which I don't understand).

Foderingham - Only had 1 save to make, can't fault him.
McCormack -  Woeful, not a RB. He's been the weak link in the last few games. I laughed when he was announced MOTM.
Ward - Solid as usual, without him we would ship a lot of goals.
Flint - Won a lot of headers but his distribution was poor as usual, HOOF.
McEveley - He's been very disappointing for a while now, tends to just go for the long ball.
De Vita - Anonymous, another player who's been poor for a while.
Navarro - Shite, doesn't even deserve a mention.
Miller - Far too slow, the game passes him by. Struggling to juggle his 2 roles.
Roberts - A standard Roberts performance, you see a good player in there somewhere but he doesn't show it yet again.
Williams - Stick him on the wing. Fantastic at taking players on, but woefully inept in front of goal.
Collins - Worked hard but lacks the pace to take on his man or chase loose balls.

A Rooney - Deserved to start, showed more than Williams and Collins put together.
Thompson - Another player who should be starting, came on and got stuck in, typical performance.
L Rooney - Looks slightly out of shape but a good option to have back in the squad. Needs a bit of time to bed back in.

If we don't have a manager in place by Saturday I'm not feeling too optimistic about our chances, we desperately need Ferry back too. I think we start to see now that we have an average squad of players, Paolo was the one who took them to the next level. How many of our players do you think could play in the Championship every week; in my opinion only Foderingham, Ward and Ferry.

I'm still rather looking forward to Saturday though, bring it on.

« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 02:32:50 by Visočan » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 07:25:17 »

Ward - Solid as usual, without him we would ship a lot of goals

Agreed with every word but those above. Ward was woeful, couldn't win a header, passes to the opposition or into touch, poor positioning.

The exact opposite of everything he has been for the last 14 games.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: