Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Accrington Stanley v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 16045 times)
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 10:52:42 »

It was the perfect win. Showed how good we can be. 3 points. And then ten to learn from: learn that we have to find a way to manage games, not lose our heads, and that the likes of Hart and Brown are miles off being ready and not even satisfactory back up if their inclusion disrupts our structure that much. Two banks of four (or 5 and 4) - with no room between them, and make Stanley play in front of them. How difficult should that be?
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 10:53:40 »

They average under 2,000 attendance but can still afford 9 more professionals than us. Do they just manage wage budgets better than we do?

Who knows, albeit I note that even after the Wrexham debacle,they have quietly whacked the prices up for away fans for the Bradford, Notts C and Tranmere games, which is going down well.

I actually fear for them a bit once Andy Holt takes his ball home.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 10:58:51 »

Are we just looking for more experienced back-up players in January?

I’m finding it difficult to see who we’d drop in favour of any new signing - obviously Kemp/Young notwithstanding.

Kokkolo seems to be a very decent LWB which was a major area of concern. I can’t see either FBT or Dokes being dropped. Maybe a more experienced, hairy-arsed CB needed. Can we get better than Khan/McCreachan/Kinsella?

Can Hutton find a position where he doesn’t have to even think about defending?

The only other definite incoming should be another striker - different from what we’ve got.

Once Clayton/Cain/RHM/Brewitt are back fit we should be able to make a fist of getting in the POs.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 11:06:43 »

Minturn with someone next to him to develop him would be beneficial for us too in the long run. At 19 to cope with some of the attackers he’s had to face there’s something about him. A wise head to talk him through the first two full years of his career and we’ve got an asset there with a lot of resale value or talent for us to have for a long time. Would make an experienced head an investment that will make us money in the long run.

Like an older Adi Viveash made Jerel Ifil about ten times the player when  they played together.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 11:08:58 »

Something else about last night - how was their 3rd not offside??

Having done a quick freeze frame on Youtube, I think UGM JUST about plays him onside - it's pretty tight though. I also wondered if Austin was offside for our 4th, but again, think he's level. The linesman started to flag, but I think that was for Kemp being fouled and the ref played advantage when he saw Hutton could get to the ball.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 11:22:06 »

Having done a quick freeze frame on Youtube, I think UGM JUST about plays him onside - it's pretty tight though. I also wondered if Austin was offside for our 4th, but again, think he's level. The linesman started to flag, but I think that was for Kemp being fouled and the ref played advantage when he saw Hutton could get to the ball.

Where the linesman stopped and flagged for the foul on Kemp, he was nowhere near being in line to see if Austin was offside so couldn’t give it. I thought he was off too. 
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 11:23:43 »

This.

I cant help feeling that Flynn is bringing them on as a point to prove to Clem that our squad isnt strong enough, highlighting how we are featherlight in terms of numbers. Accrington have 32 members in their squad plus a 4 scholars/1st year pro.

We have a squad of 23 plus about 4 regular scholars that are used. That squad of 23 included Dworzak, Benn Ward and the perma-injured Devine.

They average under 2,000 attendance but can still afford 9 more professionals than us. Do they just manage wage budgets better than we do?

Its so out its comical and I'm sick of fans trying to gaslight people in to thinking its normal and that our gates don't matter.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 11:27:52 »

About to plough through the thread.

Very happy with the 3 points.
Feels like a win because it was.
Although did leave on 85mins to ensure earlier train so missed out on the angst at the end.
Understandable to give youth a go, there should be no blame attached to anyone.

Also one of the colder match watching experiences.

Good time to rest & regroup now.
Fans as well as players.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pericardinho

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 11:32:44 »

Its so out its comical and I'm sick of fans trying to gaslight people in to thinking its normal and that our gates don't matter.

It doesn't add up at all. Now imagine we had the 6k gates that we had under Power. Where we'd be.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 11:40:58 »

DV said the likes of Accrington might have good sponsors making up the difference. 

FYI Wham isn't the estate of George Michael funding them.
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #370 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 11:51:27 »

Accrington owner said on twitter that they lost £600k last season so there's a few players wages in that.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 12:54:12 »

Quote from: Cookie
Accrington owner said on twitter that they lost £600k last season so there's a few players wages in that.

so about the same as it's claimed we'll lose.

here's a thing, power was in charge for about 8 years. The club amassed about 4m in external debts. 2.4m debenture a side issue.

so how are we still losing the same now? inflation, but that's offset by crowds being bigger. maintenance definitely - some relief in rent after ground purchase .

probably one for the offer thread tbf
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 13:01:00 »

Andrew Hawes said "Tis Only a Flesh Wound" at one point, probably referring to the Black Knight in "Monty Python and the Holy Grail".  Therefore, I think we should blame Hawsey for the very silly ending.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #373 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 13:10:33 »

Andrew Hawes said "Tis Only a Flesh Wound" at one point, probably referring to the Black Knight in "Monty Python and the Holy Grail".  Therefore, I think we should blame Hawsey for the very silly ending.
I already sorta did at the time.

When it was 4-0 I posted....
Sorry Mr Hawes now is NOT the time to try out the young lads off the bench.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #374 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 14:13:13 »

so about the same as it's claimed we'll lose.

here's a thing, power was in charge for about 8 years. The club amassed about 4m in external debts. 2.4m debenture a side issue.

so how are we still losing the same now? inflation, but that's offset by crowds being bigger. maintenance definitely - some relief in rent after ground purchase .

probably one for the offer thread tbf

It's tough to work it all out with limited accounts, but looks like the brought in around 4.9m in 2021/22 with an extra 1.2m in player sales, creating a net profit of 600k, so a trading loss of 600k before those player sales.  The fact they ran a L1 team on that budget is pretty amazing, they are trading about 1.5m a year lower than us before they dropped down a division.

They were given a big loan from the boss, over 3m, in that financial year, which I assume must have been to ensure they could keep paying bills when times were tight, or maybe purchase something (again, it's tough to tell).  Holt seems to make a decent enough profit every year with the rest of his businesses.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: