Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Accrington Stanley v Swindon Town Matchday Thread  (Read 16525 times)
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 08:10:00 »

Stanley 2nd goal, Hutton. Bloody liability, wrong side of their player and no effort.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 08:21:09 »

Everyone has seen this team's been missing a strong solid centre half.
A leader who would offer stability at the back. The guy who went off to Aberdeen could have be the piece of the puzzle we have missed all season.
Trouble is.. he is not here and this team will be broken up in a months time.
Such a shame.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #332 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 08:24:43 »

Minturn with someone next to him to develop him would be beneficial for us too in the long run. At 19 to cope with some of the attackers he’s had to face there’s something about him. A wise head to talk him through the first two full years of his career and we’ve got an asset there with a lot of resale value or talent for us to have for a long time. Would make an experienced head an investment that will make us money in the long run.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 08:26:56 »

Flynn can be as angry as he likes but a long look in the mirror is required after his decision to bring the kids on.

We don’t have a game for 10 days! Minturn could have pushed out an extra 10 minutes.

Brilliant work nearly undone. Perhaps he’s playing 4D chess and it was a message to Clem about what happens when we use our bench… or not!
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 08:29:05 »

Flynn can be as angry as he likes but a long look in the mirror is required after his decision to bring the kids on.

We don’t have a game for 10 days! Minturn could have pushed out an extra 10 minutes.

Brilliant work nearly undone. Perhaps he’s playing 4D chess and it was a message to Clem about what happens when we use our bench… or not!

I did wonder that RE Clem. It really exposed how bad the bench is. Masterstroke!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 08:29:53 »

I refuse to blame him for bringing on kids when 4-0 up in injury time. If not then, then when.

OK maybe they aren't ready, we got away with it. Now we know.
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 08:31:05 »

We gave up far too many chances before the subs were made, they just weren’t taken.
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 08:31:35 »

I refuse to blame him for bringing on kids when 4-0 up in injury time. If not then, then when.

Yeah changing 2 players coming on shouldn't change it that much. Btw their centre back who scored goals 2 and 3 is doing himself a disservice playing in defence. Took his goals brilliantly!
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 08:35:09 »

Most of my good friends are fans of higher league teams (there was a glorious period at Uni where we were all in League One, our fortunes have diverged since) and only really message me about Swindon if we break through into ridiculous nonsense that goes viral once or twice a season.

It's happened three times already (Wrexham, Aldershot, Accrington) and we're not even half the way through the league season.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #339 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 08:35:59 »

But what was the upside of bringing them on. Minturn is 19, no game at the weekend, so why bring him off? Young, fine, replaced by the experienced Austin. Why replace McCreachan?

There was no point in it at all.
sir windon

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 08:55:46 »

Great game to watch but ultimately conformation, if needed, that we are not getting promoted this season.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 08:57:58 »

But what was the upside of bringing them on. Minturn is 19, no game at the weekend, so why bring him off? Young, fine, replaced by the experienced Austin. Why replace McCreachan?

There was no point in it at all.

To learn where they are at, see how they cope and get the "first appearance nerves" out the way. To give them a taste and motivate them. And the cynical answer above.

You can equally argue what's the point, that's fine.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 09:02:21 »

To be fair he probably thought we were home and dry, we were 4-0 up after 90 mins!
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #343 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 09:06:17 »

If you can’t bring a couple youngsters on at 4-0 up in the 90th minute then when can you? Theyre not blameless in the near collapse but it’s harsh to blame it all on them, Accy were creating a decent amount of chances before they came on, they just happened to freakishly take 3 of them in injury time, horrendous game management though either way.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Wednesday, November 29, 2023, 09:11:24 »

Everyone has seen this team's been missing a strong solid centre half.
A leader who would offer stability at the back. The guy who went off to Aberdeen could have be the piece of the puzzle we have missed all season.
Trouble is.. he is not here and this team will be broken up in a months time.
Such a shame.
Well I for one thought we had that in Minturn last night(one bad error notwithstanding).Defended really well for 90 minutes. Kamikaze substitutions really as I thought McEachran was also solid as a defensive midfielder. After the initial shock I'm seeing it like JoeMezz this morning a good win against a decent side at this level

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: