Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC -vs- Norwich City FC Official matchday Thread  (Read 52203 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #450 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 18:54:04 »

to be fair, his track record is better than yours, or mine or paulds etc etc
Quite. On balance, I'll back Wilson's judgement over anyone on here's, thanks.

And jonny when you've climbed down off your mountain of self-indigant outrage you might like to address the main point - that perhaps Wilson takes Austin off repeatedly because he's trying to ensure he doesn't burn out rather than because he doesn't know what he's doing? (Although yesterday was more likely tactical)

Ignore
« Reply #451 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 18:55:24 »

although i disagreed with wilson taking austin off,i dont agree with booing his decision.
allardyce got booed today when making a sub for blackburn.they ended up getting the same result as us.(wrecked my treble aswell the cunts)
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #452 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 19:03:06 »

Some bloke in the town end was slating Charlie for lack of effort then shouted out "fuck it never mind, we all know you're off to Stoke City in the summer"
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #453 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 19:04:48 »

By all means boo the result/performance at 90 minutes, but when its during the game, and at a decision that is at worst contraversial is plain stupid.

Posh Red - I think we're a limbo team, stuck between the Championship and League One.  I think if we went up we would struggle and likely come straight back down like Brighton did in the 04/05 season.  However, incredibly poor management and a string of tossers at the helm have meant that we started the season with a squad that was barely good enough to keep us in this league, full of misfits (JPM) and potential overpaid injury crocks (Dougie)!  I suppose my time has a Swindon fan has trained me to be a natural pessimist.

I agree that booing during the game is stupid, and to boo the decision yesterday was even worse as it was obvious that Austin was knackered.   

As for our natural position, I think you are probably right that we are a team that fit somewhere between the top of Division 3 or one that historically struggle to stay in the Second Tier.

I guess having watched us a lot during that 10 year period from the mid 80's I remember us as one of the teams challenging to get into the top flight, and forget some of the darker times.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #454 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 19:09:24 »

Some bloke in the town end was slating Charlie for lack of effort then shouted out "fuck it never mind, we all know you're off to Stoke City in the summer"

Charlie did have a quiet game but me being a bit biased thought that when he did have the ball he did things right ie bringing other players into the game and he certainly didn't give away posession.

Stoke bloody City, where has that come from? I would hope that even though money talks he would at least show some loyalty to the club that gave him his pro break, and I for one would hate to see him go

Ignore
« Reply #455 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 19:10:56 »

austin didn't look knackered to me at all.
i thought it was a tactical switch by wilson
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #456 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 19:11:34 »

Stoke bloody City, where has that come from?
You mean you hadn't heard? It's been all over the back pages of the Adver this week Doh
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #457 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 19:13:26 »

Quite. On balance, I'll back Wilson's judgement over anyone on here's, thanks.

And jonny when you've climbed down off your mountain of self-indigant outrage you might like to address the main point - that perhaps Wilson takes Austin off repeatedly because he's trying to ensure he doesn't burn out rather than because he doesn't know what he's doing? (Although yesterday was more likely tactical)

Its not about thinking that Wilson doesn't know what he's doing, its just not agreeing with certain decisions. Football in general and this forum would be pretty fucking boring if everybody always agreed with all the decisions the manager made.

You only have to look at the stats to see that Austin is our most likely goal scorer, so unless he is fucked I'd keep him on the pitch at all times. Even if he has been taken out of the game by the defence, he's still the player most likely to be in the right place at the right time to score an important goal.

Going back to the tactical argument, I still think things improved yesterday once we started playing a lot wider towards the end. It was nothing to do with Austin or Pericard being up front, but who was in midfield and the positions they were playing. If we'd have played a 4-4-2 with flat midfield or a 4-3-3/4-5-1 I reckon we could have taken them apart down the wings, especially with Nouble's pace.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #458 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 19:14:36 »

it's ok jonny I agree with you.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #459 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 19:16:05 »

You mean you hadn't heard? It's been all over the back pages of the Adver this week Doh

Nah I missed it, they forgot to deliver mine in B'mth. Hopefully you're winding me up Mr Taylor soapy tit wank
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #460 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 19:18:28 »

You only have to look at the stats to see that Austin is our most likely goal scorer, so unless he is fucked I'd keep him on the pitch at all times.
Still not prepared to address the possibility that Wilson may be trying to protect a player who only turned pro in October? OK, I give up.

PS I agree about the width yesterday
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #461 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 19:20:15 »

austin didn't look knackered to me at all.
i thought it was a tactical switch by wilson

Several times in the second half when he was over by us he looked like he was blowing out of his arse, which based on the tough games he had in the last week wasn't a real surprise.

I guess the fact that he wasn't getting any joy out of their central defenders either made the decision fairly easy for DW.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #462 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 19:23:13 »

Still not prepared to address the possibility that Wilson may be trying to protect a player who only turned pro in October? OK, I give up.

Give up or read my post, the choice is yours.

so unless he is fucked I'd keep him on the pitch at all times
« Last Edit: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 19:25:21 by jonny72 » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #463 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 19:29:41 »

Give up or read my post, the choice is yours.

so unless he is fucked I'd keep him on the pitch at all times
I had read that, but as it seemed only to deal with a game-by-game approach and didn't seem to take any account of the medium-long term impact on the fitness of a player who only turned pro in October, I didn't realise that was your answer. How very short sighted.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #464 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 19:32:32 »

we were 1-0 down.

Wilson changed the formation and players and we drew 1-1.

how anyone can find fault with that is beyond me?
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: