Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 37   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC -vs- Norwich City FC Official matchday Thread  (Read 52197 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 18:15:02 »

Nah he subbed him off because he was playing shit Paul. Let's not get in the way of the facts.
Well, being kept quiet by their defence. But I was responding to the more general "Oooh, he keeps taking Charlie off, we should run him into the ground till he breaks down cos he's not a human being he's a robot" point.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #436 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 18:19:49 »

There was a certain tongue-in-cheekiness about my post Paul.

If Austin has a quiet game, he has a quiet game. If our other strikers have a quiet game, they play shit.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #437 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 18:20:06 »

I get fucked off with every saying they boo because the swindon fans are thick etc.It happens at every club ffs not just here every club has it's element of fucking idiots.

The other week chelsea lost only the 2nd game at home in years an the whole stadium did it.Leeds do it and even in todays paper Parkinson is asking Charlton fans not to do it.

The way some of you go on it's like you have never heard nothing like it before.You all just post about the shit.Not one of you have posted about how the whole stadium roared and clapped on the team before we even kicked off after Norwich scored yesterday.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 18:23:03 »

If Austin has a quiet game, he has a quiet game. If our other strikers have a quiet game, they play shit.
Yeah, I got that but managed to do a good impression of whoooshing Smiley

By the way, I really liked the way the whole stadium roared and clapped on the team before we even kicked off after Norwich scored yesterday
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #439 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 18:27:25 »

That's because there was a bit of a debate over whether Pericard should have replaced Austin, or whether Pericard even did anything when he was on the pitch. The booing coincided with that and is so mentioned.

I agree the point about the booing has been done to death but it still happens. It never surprises me but it pisses me off. I expect the fans to cheer the team on, not boo them and besides, the fans have been getting their credit where it's been due e.g. our last away match.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 18:29:14 »

I get fucked off with every saying they boo because the swindon fans are thick etc.It happens at every club ffs not just here every club has it's element of fucking idiots.

The other week chelsea lost only the 2nd game at home in years an the whole stadium did it.Leeds do it and even in todays paper Parkinson is asking Charlton fans not to do it.

The way some of you go on it's like you have never heard nothing like it before.You all just post about the shit.Not one of you have posted about how the whole stadium roared and clapped on the team before we even kicked off after Norwich scored yesterday.
totally agree i thought it was great when that happened it drowned out the norwich celebration and i thought swindon played better after norwich got the goal.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 18:30:14 »

Maybe, just maybe, Danny Wilson (you know, the one who has 30+ years experience of pro football and has led us to a completely unexpected 4th place and kept us in the play-off places pretty much constantly since October) knows what he is doing when it comes to man management and is trying to avoid burning out a player who's adapted far better to the rigours of the professional game than anyone has a right to expect? Just a thought like.

My mistake - you're spot on with that post. Danny Wilson has never made a single mistake in all of his 30+ years in pro football and to even question his wisdom is totally out of order. I suggest we ban all discussion of Wilson's decisions, other than to applaud him for getting every single one right cos he really is that perfect. So perfect in fact that he shits a golden egg every morning. It really is disgraceful that the money paying fans dare even suggest he may have got something wrong, fucking wankers the lot of them.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 18:34:46 »

We're not Chelsea, Leeds or even Charlton.  We are a club out of position, and on paper should not be anywhere near the position we are.  We have had a tremendous season, and you've got to be a backwards trog to be booing the decisions of a manager who has guided us to our current position.  Expectation at the clubs you mention is high, and when a club deviates from those high standards, the booing starts.  The expectations at the County Ground have risen far too quickly...
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 18:37:32 »

We're not Chelsea, Leeds or even Charlton.  We are a club out of position, and on paper should not be anywhere near the position we are.  We have had a tremendous season, and you've got to be a backwards trog to be booing the decisions of a manager who has guided us to our current position.  Expectation at the clubs you mention is high, and when a club deviates from those high standards, the booing starts.  The expectations at the County Ground have risen far too quickly...

Do you seriously believe that we are at best a mid table Division 3 team
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #444 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 18:38:52 »

I understand that and would not boo myself personally and think it was stupid that they did on saturday.My point is that it happens at every club i used that as an example.I remember getting beat by Walsall here and the fans did it then yet some on here still said it was out of order.

My main point like i said is people act like we are the only fans who boo.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 18:41:57 »

Good point. I wasn't there so I didn't know about that. At the same time though,  just because other clubs have their usual quota of idiots, it doesn't make it any more palatable when our idiots boo their own players.

Taking up your point that we're not different to anyone else, I think there is a tendency on most forums of this nature (all clubs, not just ours) to focus on the negative rather than the positive.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 18:42:52 »

My mistake - you're spot on with that post. Danny Wilson has never made a single mistake in all of his 30+ years in pro football and to even question his wisdom is totally out of order. I suggest we ban all discussion of Wilson's decisions, other than to applaud him for getting every single one right cos he really is that perfect. So perfect in fact that he shits a golden egg every morning. It really is disgraceful that the money paying fans dare even suggest he may have got something wrong, fucking wankers the lot of them.

to be fair, his track record is better than yours, or mine or paulds etc etc

On another note. I thought McNamee played well yesterday Smiley
Rich Pullen

« Reply #447 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 18:45:24 »

I imagine his warm-up and stretches were electrifying.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 18:45:55 »

Its a good point..i was happy to see Austin go off yesterday,he was shattered....a good friend was spitting venom and couldnt believe it....fans have there favourites,Danny Wilson dosnt.
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 18:47:52 »

Oh dear we're all going to die everything's shit Austin's going to sign for Oxf*rd tomorrow...

That seems to be the mindset of some fans.  I suppose paying fans have the right to express their anger, but it is disconcerting if they're booing a substitution halfway through the game - this is only going to have a detrimental effect on the entire team, Pericard especially.  I can see it now - 85 minutes gone, 0-0 in a tense playoff final game versus Leeds at Wembley, live on television, every football fan in the country watching, and the board goes up to show Pericard on for Austin, and a hoarse, West Country drawl devastates the speakers of television sits everywhere....  Only to encourage "what a bunch of inbreds" taunts from the media.

By all means boo the result/performance at 90 minutes, but when its during the game, and at a decision that is at worst contraversial is plain stupid.

Posh Red - I think we're a limbo team, stuck between the Championship and League One.  I think if we went up we would struggle and likely come straight back down like Brighton did in the 04/05 season.  However, incredibly poor management and a string of tossers at the helm have meant that we started the season with a squad that was barely good enough to keep us in this league, full of misfits (JPM) and potential overpaid injury crocks (Dougie)!  I suppose my time has a Swindon fan has trained me to be a natural pessimist.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 37   Go Up
Print
Jump to: