Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Leicester Matchday Thread.  (Read 17118 times)
dell boy

« Reply #180 on: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 15:09:54 »

i thought we was outstanding 1st game of the season against tranmere

Yes we played well, but there was only ever going to be one winner that day, Don Rogers and Fitton on the pitch before the game, the start of a new era we all hoped for.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 15:10:08 »

I thought it was a good performance but dont think it was complete as Oldham was. Different mind set though, looking for positives.

It wasnt a bad performance but it was nothing that much better than our last 3 league games.

Im not convinced the DRS was 'rocking' either. Its was good in fits and spells and much better than its been recently but if thats what passes for a 'rocking atmosphere' these days then the CG then fair enough.....
JPC82

« Reply #182 on: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 15:11:13 »

Yes we played well, but there was only ever going to be one winner that day, Don Rogers and Fitton on the pitch before the game, the start of a new era we all hoped for.

oh ok so cos they was on the pitch before the performance shouldnt count, loser
dell boy

« Reply #183 on: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 15:13:22 »

I thought it was a good performance but dont think it was complete as Oldham was. Different mind set though, looking for positives.

It wasnt a bad performance but it was nothing that much better than our last 3 league games.

Im not convinced the DRS was 'rocking' either. Its was good in fits and spells and much better than its been recently but if thats what passes for a 'rocking atmosphere' these days then the CG then fair enough.....

I've been sitting in the DRS (Nationwide etc) for three years now, yesterday was the loudest in spells I've ever experienced, there again I didnt go to as many games in 2006 and 2007 as most on here, I haven't missed a home game this season though.
dell boy

« Reply #184 on: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 15:14:07 »

oh ok so cos they was on the pitch before the performance shouldnt count, loser

Your point is wanker Doh
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #185 on: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 15:19:19 »

A few lads in the drs basically sang non stop yesterday. Imo best atmosphere and best league performance of the season so far
I thought it was a good performance but dont think it was complete as Oldham was. Different mind set though, looking for positives. It wasnt a bad performance but it was nothing that much better than our last 3 league games. Im not convinced the DRS was 'rocking' either. Its was good in fits and spells and much better than its been recently but if thats what passes for a 'rocking atmosphere' these days then the CG then fair enough.....
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 15:20:24 »

That was the loudest the DRS has ever been since records began

Things get better but they never get good
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 15:42:51 »

Although I hope the "bitching" comment wasn't aimed at me Paul, I do agree that it'll be a better place if the fans just get behind the whole set up. 
God no, it was aimed, if at all, at all of us collectively, and probably not even so much at many folks on here. FWIW, I think throughout a fairly negative season, you've been one of the happier clappers if anything Smiley
Barry Scott

« Reply #188 on: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 15:46:54 »

Your point is wanker Doh

Yurh but, nooh but, bcg37 sed et, soo ahts rahyt innit.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 15:49:22 »

To all the people suggesting we would not have done well had Malpas been here, well Byrne almost began gushing in his post match interview about the impact Malpas has had on him and pretty much suggested it was a send off performance.  Plus we beat a top 6 team with Malpas in charge only a few weeks ago.  There is fuck all chance that the team turned itself around due to a change in Manager only 2 days beforehand.
Tactically, no; motivationally (is that a word?) yes. I think where Byrne does deserve credit is in getting that level of performance out of the players - all due respect to MM, but I don't think we'd have shown that kind of fight under him. Plus the "three forwards" substitution was not something MM would have done, so that was a tactical difference

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 15:54:01 »

if malpas was in the dug out yesterday we would have caved in after the second goal went in.the crowd wouldn't have backed the players like they did.the players heads would have dropped.we probably would have conceeded again.
the atmosphere was different from the off yesterday.as soon as we conceeded the crowd stuck with the players.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #191 on: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 16:38:05 »

Yurh but, nooh but, bcg37 sed et, soo ahts rahyt innit.

You ooghta be an impressonist baz, innit like.

JPC82

« Reply #192 on: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 16:56:58 »

dunno if anyone has mentioned it yet but how poor was Billy Paynter?

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 17:03:03 »

dont think the formation helped paynter.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Sunday, November 16, 2008, 17:03:25 »

Paynter did well with what little service he had

Things get better but they never get good
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: