Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon V Leicester Matchday Thread.  (Read 16942 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Monday, November 17, 2008, 11:19:44 »

Sorry for reading that the wrong way there Paul!  As Batch says me being a paranoid android there methinks.

As for me being catagorised a happy clapper!!  Not sure my mates who I go to games with would agree with that!!
FFS, you're never happy are you? Wink What about happy whinger? Or whingey clapper?
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Monday, November 17, 2008, 11:43:05 »

I am happy with it, just thinking that the people around me at the match probably wouldn't have me down as a Happy Clapper, especially after Leicester's second goal on Saturday!

Although I often do the old stand up and get behind the lads after we've conceded a goal, bit like they do at Parkhead, love that.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Monday, November 17, 2008, 13:53:16 »

Well it was the first game I have been too this season where we haven't lost 3-1, the jinx is broken!!

As for the performance, We looked solidish for 80 minutes but there was a distinct lack of movement or options for the players which was why Paynter perhaps struggled as he had nobody to give the fucking football too at times. The difference to me between the 2 teams was that Leicester players movement and shape was much better and they enjoyed some good possession. I think it is fair to say they didn't have to work very hard for their 2 goals but they didn't create anything apart from that really.

After 80 minutes and Corr coming on made a big difference. He won his flick ons and caused panic in the Leicester defence who had been mopping up the high balls most of the match (their number 5 won loads of headers, mainly from Morrison's long throw).

As for performances, I think Jack Smith was excellent again, it is interesting to see that he appears to be the only player who doesn't like to hoof the ball and is always looking for a simple pass. Peacock and Pook worked their bollocks off in midfield, loved it when Pook got booked as he lost the ball and then dived in to challenge, missed the players, got up and dived in again. I have never rated Pook but he showed real desire as did Peacock. Nalis won a few headers but I thought was garbage and Coxy looked a touch off the pace as I have seen him previously. He has certainly earned his rest against Rovers!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Monday, November 17, 2008, 14:36:58 »

Timlin again was excellent I thought-a masterstroke to switch him to left back.However I still think he's our most creative midfielder and we miss him in there

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Monday, November 17, 2008, 14:46:56 »

Timlin again was excellent I thought-a masterstroke to switch him to left back.However I still think he's our most creative midfielder and we miss him in there

Agree with you there adje, forgot about Timlin, very pleased with his performance at LB, he showed desire as well.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Monday, November 17, 2008, 15:05:35 »

Agree with you there adje, forgot about Timlin, very pleased with his performance at LB, he showed desire as well.

The result at Brighton visably hurt Timlin and he looked apologetic to the fans as we left. I am looking forward to Pboro and got the tickets today.

Clems Army!
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Monday, November 17, 2008, 15:06:32 »

Thought Timlin did a good job as captain as well. Looked to be quite vocal, and told Nalis to shut his trap in the first half when he was whinging at the ref. trouble is he's only one booking from a suspension as well isn't he ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: