Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sheffield United F.C v Swindon Town F.C Official Matchday Thread  (Read 50975 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 18:53:32 »

Just saw the goals on SSN.  The second was a carbon copy of the first, header from a free kick.  Good to see we learnt from the first one!
Yeah, both freekicks from the right, both headers and both with Ward completely ineffectual
adje

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 18:56:13 »

I thought someone said the season was over last tuesday,really surprised we played today-and are still in the playoffs.We couldn't really wish for a better run in!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 19:17:29 »

The few comments from those at the match have summed it up pretty well and succinctly.
I certainly can't recall seeing a more dire 45 mins than that first half for a long while, if ever. It was embarrassingly poor.
Thankfully Wes, Flint and Ward were awake as none of the others seemed to be (other than Wes's decision to let one of the strikers have a 1 on 1 so he could make another save). Byrne was torn apart for about 20 mins or so but did ok thereafter. I think it was the 44th minute when we first strung 3 passes together!
Second half we were on top but created so very little. Luongo was fairly anonymous in the middle and I could see why 451 might have been preferred as we didn't create enough to serve 2 strikers in any way.  I'm struggling to see where our goals are going to come from to enable us to crawl into the playoffs.
Even worse than our performance was the ref's. Made no difference to the result really and in a perverse way provided some entertainment, but was one of the most shocking I've seen in years.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 19:47:12 »

Sorry I am missing the lets all kick K Mac bit.

Today we got bullied. Midfield lightweight and what else could we have done. Would have risked Devera right back as we were up against a physical side however the players were not up to it and should take the responsibility.

Preying a takeover and more worried about our future. All gone very very quiet. Here is hoping.

Lucky results today now if we don't win the next 2 home games we deserve nothing. Still in our hands but plays offs and the lottery.

Still I would take a future rather than a play off place right now.

Hoping for good news at end of season off field.
....or we are in trouble.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 19:49:41 »

The few comments from those at the match have summed it up pretty well and succinctly.
I certainly can't recall seeing a more dire 45 mins than that first half for a long while, if ever. It was embarrassingly poor.
Thankfully Wes, Flint and Ward were awake as none of the others seemed to be (other than Wes's decision to let one of the strikers have a 1 on 1 so he could make another save). Byrne was torn apart for about 20 mins or so but did ok thereafter. I think it was the 44th minute when we first strung 3 passes together!
Second half we were on top but created so very little. Luongo was fairly anonymous in the middle and I could see why 451 might have been preferred as we didn't create enough to serve 2 strikers in any way.  I'm struggling to see where our goals are going to come from to enable us to crawl into the playoffs.
Even worse than our performance was the ref's. Made no difference to the result really and in a perverse way provided some entertainment, but was one of the most shocking I've seen in years.

Haven't read through the thread as I'd rather enjoy my evening, but this post pretty much sums it up. First half we just looked a bit shocked that they'd pressure us, and it led to us making mistake after mistake - passes went astray, poor decisions were made... on the rare occasions we did pass it around we created one or two chances.

Second half was much better. We got the ball wide, played across the park, and gave their defence much more to think about. Ultimately, we just weren't good enough though.

As mentioned though, the biggest shout out of the day has to go to the ref. I'm not normally one to jump on officials' backs but the guy had a shocker. Countless free kicks against us and yellow cards to Town players, often for very small things, yet Kitson was allowed to throw himself on the floor and back in, not to mention tripping.kicking Wes in the first 10 minutes. Meanwhile, his team mates got away with every trip, pull and push they could manage. I'm not saying they're a dirty team, it's just that countless little decisions that should have gone against them seemed to be missed.

If anybody can explain to me why Collins or Flint were booked I'll be very grateful. The fact we finished the game with 11 men today is a miracle.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 20:08:35 »

Just back ...a little shell shocked by the performance to be honest.
Swindon fans were quality again....the team fed us only crumbs today i am afraid.
Flint played well for me as did young Byrne....the youngster from Spurs is far from a finished product but his heart and commitment is top notch.

I am gladened by the other results and nothing would please me more than to sneak to a playoff final against Sheff Utd....they are not no great shakes.

Got to fnish by saying well done to the blatant homers...the linesman on one side was a disgrace and the ref started being fair once Sheffield were 2 up....that said we deserved zilch.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #351 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 20:11:20 »

MacDonald out. He'll take us down next season.
Bukkake Regiment

« Reply #352 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 20:11:59 »

We would have lost less points if we had gone into administration and kept Ritchie and Di Canio. Should have done it.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 20:15:20 »

We would have lost less points if we had gone into administration and kept Ritchie and Di Canio. Should have done it.

We would have probably received a far worse punishment than -10 points.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 20:19:32 »

Sorry I am missing the lets all kick K Mac bit.

Today we got bullied. Midfield lightweight and what else could we have done.

Well not playing 2 lightweight ball players in the middl but pairing one with Navarro might have been a start.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 20:20:30 »

So lets say the authorities had decided to throw us out the League altogether (after all its not like they don't have a history of punishing us harshly), do you honestly think Ritchie & Paolo would have stayed with us in the conference
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 20:23:06 »

Midfield lightweight and what else could we have done.

Couldn't agree more! Was Nevarro on the bench? I'd have taken Lungwhatsit off for him at half time.

Hoping for good news at end of season off field.
....or we are in trouble.
??
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 20:26:18 »

??

DoB has told us the present Board, are going in the next fortnight....he now seems less certain, so we'll be left with them.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 20:26:49 »

Midfield lightweight and what else could we have done.

Played 451  Hmmm
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Saturday, April 13, 2013, 20:27:44 »

More spineless dog shite.

If K Mac is still here next week I will be livid.
Stop pretending you care to get a reaction Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: