Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town -V- Brighton & Hove Albion Official Matchday Thread  (Read 35366 times)
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 23:01:04 »

Also suprised no one has mentioned Pericard seemed to be injured again for the last 20 mins.

Cant say i blame him after the challenge he took on the halfway line. He was lucky to still be walking
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #286 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 23:04:47 »

Me either but probably explains why he didn't do much running.
Barry Scott

« Reply #287 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 23:42:55 »

Charlie seems half a yard quicker and sharper and was his normal pain in the ass for defenders.

I forgot to mention that. Maybe it was me convincing myself of things after a full pre-season, but I thought he seemed quicker, stronger and definitely bigger. I'm convinced he's bulked up. Not in an Alan Navarro or Sean Gregan way, but in a boy into man kind of way.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Saturday, August 7, 2010, 23:56:16 »

See, I thought he looked slower and did less running?! Football is weird like that...

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
Meth Test

« Reply #289 on: Sunday, August 8, 2010, 00:02:27 »

He accelerated away from the last defender at Wembley pretty well before the pitch did him. I'm sure he is quicker than when he first arrived at the club. He's not slow as such - he's just not quick either. 

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Sunday, August 8, 2010, 00:06:46 »

I still don't get how Austin manages to challenge a defender for the ball in the air and ends up winning the ball, knocking it past the defender and gaining a couple of yards on him all in one move. He did it today (and probably would have scored if he wasn't fouled) and against Charlton in the playoffs (resulting in the red card).
Barry Scott

« Reply #291 on: Sunday, August 8, 2010, 00:12:39 »

I still don't get how Austin manages to challenge a defender for the ball in the air and ends up winning the ball, knocking it past the defender and gaining a couple of yards on him all in one move. He did it today (and probably would have scored if he wasn't fouled) and against Charlton in the playoffs (resulting in the red card).

I think it's one of those magic abilities that certain strikers have, because it's something he seems to do fairly often. He appears to have no great pace and then suddenly he's past people. Like you say, it's hard to get your head around.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Sunday, August 8, 2010, 00:13:57 »

and I cant remember the last time I saw a striker so great at going round the keeper. Southampton, Tranmere and today for starters.
Meth Test

« Reply #293 on: Sunday, August 8, 2010, 00:15:51 »

If we look after the young lad and he stays fit he could score an absolute shitload of goals this season. He is a natural - which in an age of atheltes and big clumsy fucking donkey's is refreshing and lovely.

Good night.
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Sunday, August 8, 2010, 00:20:54 »

no-one has mentioned this but as ive read through everyone says that prutton was shite and ferry should start which i agree with.................but ferry did give the ball away which led to the ass shaggers 2nd goal.

also thought pericard played well enough even though he was clearly limping after el abd or whatever his name is karate kicked him in his thigh.

lots of changes for the tuesday game which probably would of happened even if we would of won today.

id expect caddis ferry and o'brien to start against orient maybe even morrison
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Sunday, August 8, 2010, 07:38:52 »

Ah well just seen the goals on tv as i'm sure you all have, their second was a mile onside then. Rose too slow to push out but it was his only option as he was never getting across to cover. Midfield caught in posession and whoever was supposed to be holding didn't?  First was poor closing down by either douglas or pruts, couldn't see which. Home strike though.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Sunday, August 8, 2010, 09:23:38 »

We'll be fine. Neither team were that great. The first time we saw this new, famous Brighton flair was for the first goal, put together some neat passes imo and I'd have been pretty pleased with that goal. It was scrappy, quite ugly and a bit dirty at times. Having said that, the ref gave a lot of needless freekicks - to both teams, so he hardly helped the flow. Not to mention when he got in the fucking way. I hope JP called him a cunt.

Two teams who, once the season is well underway, will be playing good football.

Austin missed a sitter at the end, but it's no biggy. Keep calm. We'll be fine!

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Sunday, August 8, 2010, 09:27:06 »

Austin missed a sitter at the end, but it's no biggy. Keep calm. We'll be fine!
ohhhh i think that's a bit harsh

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Sunday, August 8, 2010, 09:55:14 »

Booze is wearing off now so i'm going to try to put a measured response to the match. I think Brighton started with a much higher tempo than us and disrupted our game in the first half while playing some neat football and scoring a well worked/taken goal. We had a few moments but nothing of any real significance and started to get into our game a bit towards the end of the half. Second half was better from a swindon point of view, pushing men on a bit, but ultimatley conceding a break-away goal. Then we stepped up the tempo and enthusiasm and got our goal back and pushed on looking for an equaliser that didn't come.

The Ref was poor, for both teams, and looked very weak not stamping his authority on the game.
El Abd's challenge was a shocker.
Brighton played well but not the 'Barcelona' esque football we had been promised, i'd say commitment and intensity won them this game as it wasn't the best football spectacle from either side.
Our new signings showed glimpses of quality, Dossevi had a nice touch, pity it was always in our half....
Ball looked a little light weight and cut inside too much for me but its a new position and i look forward to him finding his feet as he showed signs of quality.
Rose looked solid enough.
The game passed Prutton by a little, plenty of huff but not too much product which i'm sure will come.

Overall i'm disappointed we lost mainly as we didn't seem to really get at Brighton until the last 15-20 mins. Good turn out for holiday season. Austin got off the mark. I left feeling optimistic this team has alot more to show rather than 'fuck we're going to struggle' which is something i suppose...

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Sunday, August 8, 2010, 13:02:17 »

Ah well just seen the goals on tv as i'm sure you all have, their second was a mile onside then. Rose too slow to push out but it was his only option as he was never getting across to cover.

Well, for starters its Cuthbert not Rose

...and I wouldnt call it a mile onside, infact I'm not even certain I'd call it onside at all. Still, its alot closer than I thought at the time.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: