Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 36   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Franchise V Swindon town Official matchday thread  (Read 44935 times)
JanAageisGod

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2010, 23:09:14 »

Hello guys. I write as me rather than in an official BBC capacity. Can't apologise enough for the DW technical disaster. For the record he did go on to defend the team selection. I'm off to crawl under a rock.

AH

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2010, 23:09:36 »

I still believe the best I have seen us play this season was against Leeds, we gave them virtually no time on the ball and just basically pushed them out of the game. To me the best form of defence is attack. When we sit back we get punished (how many draws have we had this season that could have been victories). We are sitting high in the fair play league.....maybe we just don't put enough challenges in? To be fair I have seen some great last ditch tackles from our players this season, i just wonder whether enough is being done to challenge for the "second" ball, especially in the middle of the park.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #437 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2010, 23:14:02 »

At last, something to moan about on the TEF,................ the woodwork.

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2010, 23:19:48 »

sounds like we were unlucky then.we were due a defeat, but two on the bounce is a bit of a pisser.
i think we will be in for a tough game saturday too.
lambourn red

« Reply #439 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2010, 23:24:11 »

Just back what a shit game Morrison was dire out of position time and time again and as for Pericard just did not look interested never chased anything. We dont seem to be getting the rub of the green another shot hitting the woodwork and running across the line with no one following in. The ref bottled it and should have sent the right back off which was a clear yellow for bringing Ward down but as he had just booked him he let him off. When Charlie and Greer came on we definately improved and who knows how different it would have been if those two had started.
My first trip to MK and I wont be going again it had never really bothered me that much about the history of what happened to the Dons but tonight brought it home how wrong it is a plastic stadium full of plastic wanker fans that have no right be a league team and I feel dirty for lining that cunt Winklemans pockets.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #440 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2010, 23:30:46 »

Is it true that Morrison was wearing Rocking Robin's boots tonight?

It wasn't just the mistake for the goal he made several others and appeared to unsettle the rest of the defence. But at least he looked like he gave a shit, unlike Pericard who doesn't look bothered most of the time.

Also one of the most gutless refereeing decisions ever, having just booked Stirling he let him off with a warning after he dragged down Ward from behind when it just had to be another yellow card.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2010, 23:36:16 »

Poor performance and not sure what the reason was, maybe we look a bit jaded, but we seem to have lost our way. Changes before the game seemed a bit premature, surely you give the same players another go and that's what we resorted to in the 2nd half anyway. Maybe we were carrying knocks or Wilson saw something in training to make the changes.

Didn't really play our usual football tonight and the ball was bouncing around especially when it went up to Pericard. Goals we gave away were poor defending and we gave a couple of free headers that should have been more goals. Yes we hit the woodwork but Billy missed a good chance before HT which could have brought us back into it.

Bit more of a go 2nd half and we played it around more without really opening them up enough. Last 15 we went a bit longer and we can't seem to play that way. It's frustrating we can't do what other teams do to us, we'll give away a goal and we're under pressure, yet we couldn't pull one back until 93rd min. Then we do get a chance and Douglas should have just smashed it. How many teams have had last gasp shots against us go into the top corner especially last season.

Still onwards and upwards and let's hope we get a reaction on Saturday, I'm sure we are not going to go 3 or 4 games with straight defeats. Annoyingly we have let Rovers and Franchise within a sniff of the play offs when 2 weeks ago they were out of sight

Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2010, 23:37:00 »

Just seen the goals on SSN.Morrison was quite a way out when he messed up,schoolboy error.Chadwick still had to beat Cuthbert,Wilbraham with the follow up.

To be fair it was much worse than was shown on SSN, it didn't show the fact that he had the ball at his feet facing away from our goal before he seemed to stand on the ball. In an effort to get it back he then knocked it into the path of the Dongs player.
It caught the rest of the defence of balance as they were expecting him to play the ball forward
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #443 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2010, 23:40:01 »

Some Bollocks, below,.....Morrison and Pericard won't be given the benefit of the doubt on Saturday.  Charlie and Billy up front with Greer at the back to start.

Wilson: 'We've got to get back to basics'
Posted on: Tue 09 Mar 2010

Danny Wilson spoke to media shortly after watching his Town side go down 2-1 to Franchise at stadiumMK.

The manager was frustrated to have seen his side gift the hosts two first half goals - a start from which they struggled to recover.

"We haven't started the game as I know we can, and that's what's annoying," he said.

"The players have let themselves down in certain areas tonight which is the disappointing thing.

"But they wouldn't be at the club if they were making mistakes every week so we've got to give them the benefit of the doubt and move on from it."

Two defensive lapses contributed heavily to Town's two goals conceded, with Sean Morrison being caught in possession shortly before The Dons' first, and James Tunnicliffe being given space to head home the second inside the box, and Wilson admitted there is work to be done to eradicate such fatal errors.
Kevin Amankwaah

He said: "Now we've got to get back to the basic rudiments of defending which we didn't do tonight.

"We drill it into them again, we drill it into them again and then we drill it into them again from now on because we've got some massive games coming up."

To the surprise of some, Gordon Greer and Charlie Austin were replaced by Sean Morrison and Vincent Pericard in the starting line up, and Wilson outlined his reasons for the changes in selection, saying: "We've got a squad of players who are chomping at the bit to play, and both Sean and Vincent were ready for a game."

"We thought both of the lads who didn't play tonight could do with a bit of a breather because there is a lot of pressure on them all the time as captain and centre forward.

"We've got a squad that we have to utilise as best we can, and we know with the games we've got coming up in the next few weeks we're going to need everyone at their best."

"Maybe it was right or wrong to do it, and many people will see the result and turn round and say it was wrong.

"But at the same time it wouldn't bother me to take the risk again because I think it was the right thing to do."

And the manager concluded that, while disappointed that his side could not illustrate their strength in depth as he would have liked, he is confident they will respond positively before the trip to Brighton & Hove Albion this weekend.

"We thought that this was a game where we could really show what we were made of but unfortunately it hasn't worked out that way," he said.

"But we will pick ourselves up for another big game at Brighton this weekend and hopefully give an improved performance and get back on track."
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2010, 23:40:05 »

Luck didn't play a part tonight. We were shit.

Despite the score lines telling a different story I though we were unlucky against Rovers and awful tonight.

We dominated between all of rovers goals and we continued to play football and create chances plus rovers first 3 were all good finshes.

Tonight we were sloppy at the back and all over the shop. Franchise didn't have to pull out anything special for their goals. Worst of all we stopped playing football and went total HOOF! we created bugger all.

Franchise didn't even have to work hard to keep their lead tonights. Rovers on the other hand did....
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #445 on: Tuesday, March 9, 2010, 23:46:27 »

Annoyingly we have let Rovers and Franchise within a sniff of the play offs when 2 weeks ago they were out of sight

Probably the worst thing about the two defeats
pewshamrobin

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 00:35:19 »

Observations of MKDongs game:
> Team selection bizarre: warning signs about Morrison level of performance were clear in the Orient game & tonite just before the goal he nearly got caught with a similiar fuckup.
> Cuthbert failed to talk to Morrison - numerous occasions they went for same ball
> we played too narrow & as a result the midfield was crowded / they closed us down
> manky didnt looked fully fit before his injury & Wilson left him on for 10 minutes when he clearly was limping, which will have worsened it.
> mkdongs were cynical time wasting from the start on throw-ins / goal kicks
> we need a pacy striker / right back cover

ewsham Robin
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 08:41:14 »

Just back what a shit game Morrison was dire out of position time and time again and as for Pericard just did not look interested never chased anything. We dont seem to be getting the rub of the green another shot hitting the woodwork and running across the line with no one following in. The ref bottled it and should have sent the right back off which was a clear yellow for bringing Ward down but as he had just booked him he let him off. When Charlie and Greer came on we definately improved and who knows how different it would have been if those two had started.
My first trip to MK and I wont be going again it had never really bothered me that much about the history of what happened to the Dons but tonight brought it home how wrong it is a plastic stadium full of plastic wanker fans that have no right be a league team and I feel dirty for lining that cunt Winklemans pockets.

Amen brother.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 08:50:36 »

They had over 14K against Orient last saturday.Last night,in a must win game 8K.
Complete bunch of plastics confirmed yet again!

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Wednesday, March 10, 2010, 09:10:58 »

Yeah, our crowd never fluctuates at all ever.

People don't just turn up for Leeds.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 ... 36   Go Up
Print
Jump to: