Poll
Question: Which Way Are You Voting
In - 91 (62.8%)
Out - 44 (30.3%)
Shake It All About - 10 (6.9%)
Total Voters: 131

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: EU Referendum  (Read 71116 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #375 on: Saturday, June 25, 2016, 18:11:00 »

Did any campaign even try to explain to the layperson just what the EU is? There seems to be an awful lot of people that were confused as to what they were voting on, let alone which way they should vote.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Saturday, June 25, 2016, 18:17:50 »

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/britons-are-frantically-googling-what-the-eu-is-after-voting-to-leave-it-a7101856.html

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Flashheart

« Reply #377 on: Saturday, June 25, 2016, 18:19:43 »

I saw that, it's partly why I'm asking.
michael
The Dude Abides

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Saturday, June 25, 2016, 18:25:33 »

Did any campaign even try to explain to the layperson just what the EU is? There seems to be an awful lot of people that were confused as to what they were voting on, let alone which way they should vote.

You would have thought that the Remain campaign would have done that... but no. Corbyn had a brief go, talking about protecting workers rights, but it was all a bit half arsed.

I think there is a huge conflict of interest for the leader of the government (and this government in particular) to also have been leading on keeping us in the EU.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Saturday, June 25, 2016, 18:25:57 »

I saw that, it's partly why I'm asking.
Judging by the fact BREGRET seems to be the new word doing the rounds I'd say not. As I suspected a lot didn't realise what they were voting on or the potential impact and are now regretting voting to leave.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Saturday, June 25, 2016, 18:26:14 »

Well no, we weren't actually told by anyone as far as I am aware - but it appears that many didn't bother to find out for themselves until it was too late.
I'm guessing many were taken in by the "promises" made by each of the sides, and made their decisions based on those.

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Saturday, June 25, 2016, 18:33:47 »

Judging by the fact BREGRET seems to be the new word doing the roundsI'd say not. As I suspected a lot didn't realise what they were voting on or the potential impact and are now regretting voting to leave.

Oh sweet Jesus no
Has anyone got any cyanide?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Saturday, June 25, 2016, 18:37:34 »

Why are people regretting anything?

Fuck all's happened.

If people were allowed to have an open debate on immigration years ago this would have been avoided.

But, oh no, the wooly liberal left, the media and politicians avoided the subject like the plague.

Even on here, one word wrongly  put, had the racist word thrown at them.
Flashheart

« Reply #383 on: Saturday, June 25, 2016, 18:39:24 »

How bizarre, you'd think it would be a given that the electorate should be informed on what they are voting on.

I'm not whinging by the way, just stating an observation. Many elsewhere on social media are being embarrassingly hypocritical in their unwillingness to accept the result.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Saturday, June 25, 2016, 18:43:55 »

Why are people regretting anything?

Fuck all's happened.

If people were allowed to have an open debate on immigration years ago this would have been avoided.

But, oh no, the wooly liberal left, the media and politicians avoided the subject like the plague.

Even on here, one word wrongly  put, had the racist word thrown at them.
Because a lot of people are admitting using it as a protest vote thinking that we would remain anyway and also now some of the lies are starting to unravel they feel 'cheated'.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #385 on: Saturday, June 25, 2016, 18:45:53 »

1.3 million difference. so you've got a few who didn't realise the consequences. Makes no odds. Some people always regret how they voted.
« Last Edit: Saturday, June 25, 2016, 19:22:08 by chalkies_shorts » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #386 on: Saturday, June 25, 2016, 18:50:19 »

I imagine that rather a lot voted in for the 'wrong' reasons as well.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Saturday, June 25, 2016, 18:53:47 »

Because a lot of people are admitting using it as a protest vote thinking that we would remain anyway and also now some of the lies are starting to unravel they feel 'cheated'.
What's unravelling? What lies?

What were people expecting 24 hours after the vote?

Fair enough if, after a few years, things that were expected do not come to pass, but 2 fucking days?

Also, I notice the celebrity luvvies - just to keep up their street cred - are bemoaning the taking away of their childrens future.

Just what have they lost?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Saturday, June 25, 2016, 18:56:44 »

Fair enough if, after a few years, things that were expected do not come to pass, but 2 fucking days?

Also, I notice the celebrity luvvies - just to keep up their street cred - are bemoaning the taking away of their childrens future.

You've obviously never employed a Czech au pair or a Slovak cleaning wench  Smiley
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Saturday, June 25, 2016, 19:18:20 »

Think this refers to the whole "we'll spend the saved £350m on the NHS" thing, the need to keep free movement if we want to maintain access to the market, etc etc.

Yes, it has been two days. Maybe nobody has lost anything yet, but it'll be at least two years until we're out of the EU. People have a right to be concerned about what they stand to lose. Particularly if you didn't vote for the austerity-wielding Tory government that you deeply mistrust.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: