Poll
Question: Which Way Are You Voting
In - 91 (62.8%)
Out - 44 (30.3%)
Shake It All About - 10 (6.9%)
Total Voters: 131

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: EU Referendum  (Read 71115 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #285 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 19:50:45 »

Quite simple - control and what the EU is. I don't have a problem with immigration. I dont give a fuck about the monarchy. I think part of the reason the oldies voted out is because its not what people voted for back in the 70s and they feel cheated. I don't want a United States of Europe. I believe we can stand on our own two feet and be better off. I'm confident in our country. The EU is a stealth organisation. Free trade, yes, integration, no. If we're going to fuck up, lets do it ourselves. Lets not be told by 27 other countries to fuck up. Expansion will also come at a price. I could be wrong, I could be right.
It must be said though that I have taken a lot of abuse today, some of it a bit tasty. I'm not gloating as I don;t know if I've done the right thing. My mind on the EU was made up in 1978 and it hasn't changed. I'm a Labour man but this is bigger than party politics.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #286 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 19:52:51 »

Very, very well said my friend.

O/T I saw Neil Young at the O2 the other week. Marvellous.
Jealous. not seen him in a few years. Therin lies the beauty of the Townend. In a thread about the EU is Neil Young.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 19:53:47 »

Fair enough, cheers for the answer. What were the main factors for you, if you don't mind me asking? ("Mind your own" is a perfectly reasonable response)
1. Immigration
2. Sovereignty
3. That's it really.

I know you weren't asking me specifically Paul but there you have it any way.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #288 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 19:58:38 »

If anyone has any Irish heritage you may find the following information useful. Basically if either of your parents were born on the island of Ireland (including Northern Ireland) you are automatically an Irish citizen and can apply for Irish ID and a passport. This would obviously entitle you to free movement to work and study anywhere in Europe. You don't have to move there, and you can keep your British nationality too.

My old man was born in County Antrim in the north. He was a British citizen but that's enough to entitle me and my children to Irish passports.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/moving_country/irish_citizenship/irish_citizenship_through_birth_or_descent.html
adje

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 20:03:31 »

Very, very well said my friend.

O/T I saw Neil Young at the O2 the other week. Marvellous.

Me too.great weren't it?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #290 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 20:05:26 »

There you go. Disagree on EU, love neil young. It's always neil young.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 20:06:38 »

Listening to neil young increases your feeling of well being by 100%

adje

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 20:07:50 »

.....although "someday " had me in fucking tears!

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #293 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 20:09:08 »

Listening to neil young increases your feeling of well being by 100%
Generally. He's done a few howlers though. Putin should listen to neil young. He'd be a bit more chilled.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 20:10:49 »

Genuine question to the Leavers: did the supposed £350m a week to be spent on the NHS form any part of your decision to vote leave? And if it did, do you now realise they never meant it?

First i'd heard of it was this morning.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 20:14:54 »

Jealous. not seen him in a few years. Therin lies the beauty of the Townend. In a thread about the EU is Neil Young.

I took a break from the tv this morning, flipped on absolute rock, and on came Rocking in the free world. Neil knows his stuff years ahead Wink I saw him 7 or 8 years ago supported by Seasick Steve. That my friends was a concert.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 20:15:04 »

I wonder how many of the 65 plus voted in way back in the early 70s and have now voted out. Quite a few I reckon....basing that on my old man and old Doris ...and the outlaws.
They reckoned a common market got out of control and we are helpless to stop it...

Right or wrong this is the they felt.

My folks live in a small village and the outlaws hail from London and near Luton...differing angles.

I think the 18-20 year olds would probably vote for Justin Bieber if he stood for election
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 20:18:44 »

Genuine question to the Leavers: did the supposed £350m a week to be spent on the NHS form any part of your decision to vote leave? And if it did, do you now realise they never meant it?

Of course you're correct.
And we have also voted for WW3 and an asteroid strike
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 20:18:57 »

First i'd heard of it was this morning.
Seriously? It's plastered all over the side of that damn Boris Bus and they mentioned it in pretty much every interview I heard. Listening to Gove, Farage and Johnson trying to claim they'd spend £350m on an NHS they've all previously stated they wanted to dismantle would have been hilarious if it hadn't been for the fact you just knew there was some silly sod out there lapping it all up.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 20:19:40 »

Quite simple - control and what the EU is. I don't have a problem with immigration. I dont give a fuck about the monarchy. I think part of the reason the oldies voted out is because its not what people voted for back in the 70s and they feel cheated. I don't want a United States of Europe. I believe we can stand on our own two feet and be better off. I'm confident in our country. The EU is a stealth organisation. Free trade, yes, integration, no. If we're going to fuck up, lets do it ourselves. Lets not be told by 27 other countries to fuck up. Expansion will also come at a price. I could be wrong, I could be right.
It must be said though that I have taken a lot of abuse today, some of it a bit tasty. I'm not gloating as I don;t know if I've done the right thing. My mind on the EU was made up in 1978 and it hasn't changed. I'm a Labour man but this is bigger than party politics.
Fair do's, all very good reasons, wouldn't disagree with any of that tbf
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: