Poll
Question: Which Way Are You Voting
In - 91 (62.8%)
Out - 44 (30.3%)
Shake It All About - 10 (6.9%)
Total Voters: 131

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: EU Referendum  (Read 71112 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #270 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 16:31:41 »

and amongst all the doom and gloom, it could be brilliant. Some people have revelled in their indignant rage and their patronising put downs to leavers as uneducated and ill informed racists. Its like the moany Slave Trader cunts after we beat them. It wasn't fair blah blah fucking blah.
I'm proud of my country today. I haven't got a fucking clue if I've made the right decision. Nor has anyone else. I think I've made a good decision. Others think I haven't but nobody knows.
Hopefully people will now turn their attention towards making this work. It could be shit. It could be great. Lets talk it up not down. .its a big world out there. 
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 16:31:54 »

When they eventually try to pick up the pieces, the 'Conservative & Unionist Party' might want to start thinking of what their new name could be.

How's the legacy looking, Dave?

What a clown.  Navigates his way through a tortuous Scottish Independence referendum campaign in 2014; and 2 years later turns the ball in to his own net with no help from anyone else.  Years from now, Nicola Sturgeon will still be waking up each morning and rubbing her eyes in disbelief that Cameron did all of her work for her.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 16:44:52 »

I'm not bitter or angry that the Leave vote won. I'm disappointed that people have chosen to leave the EU for the reasons that they have instead but to each their own. I don't believe in the EU but I do think we're better off remaining for the moment rather than leave due to a poorly considered campaign/Tory fight.

I'm also concerned about how it will impact on not only my wife but the Czech, Greek, Italian, Spanish colleagues I have.

All this, I have no admiration of the EU, I just worry about the financial implications, shellfish I know but that's life, been made redundant before and that was when I didn't have a wife and kid to support.

If we thrive then all the Brexiters can rightly say I told you so (and I hope they can), however the degree of gloating and provocation over social media today has been a little unpleasant which doesn't bode well.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 16:49:51 »

When they eventually try to pick up the pieces, the 'Conservative & Unionist Party' might want to start thinking of what their new name could be.

How's the legacy looking, Dave?

What a clown.  Navigates his way through a tortuous Scottish Independence referendum campaign in 2014; and 2 years later turns the ball in to his own net with no help from anyone else.  Years from now, Nicola Sturgeon will still be waking up each morning and rubbing her eyes in disbelief that Cameron did all of her work for her.

Just rubbing her eyes....  Wink

Look at that proud island of remain in the sea of exit in cumbria - South Lakeland you did me proud.

But we move on and see what happens, cannot say I am not very concerned about the economic implications (the property development sector has essentially sat on its hands and been closed today whilst I suspect all have a long think over the weekend) but fuck all I can do about it - lets have  a beer.

If you have any queries regarding the sheer fuckwitness of some of the electorate.....

http://theslot.jezebel.com/man-who-voted-for-brexit-is-a-bit-shocked-his-vote-coun-1782553004
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 16:57:54 »

A lot of businesses in Calais will be closing up in a few years I imagine, as it's highly unlikely that people will be able to do a booze run anymore.

If Scotland go, what happens to Berwick's football team?  They'd be trading in the wrong currency for the league.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 17:01:02 »

Interesting to see the breakdown by ages:

(YouGov poll)
18-24: 75% Remain
25-49: 56% Remain
50-64: 44% Remain
65+: 39% Remain

I wonder how many of the 65 plus voted in way back in the early 70s and have now voted out. Quite a few I reckon....basing that on my old man and old Doris ...and the outlaws.
They reckoned a common market got out of control and we are helpless to stop it...

Right or wrong this is the they felt.

My folks live in a small village and the outlaws hail from London and near Luton...differing angles.

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 17:02:07 »

A lot of businesses in Calais will be closing up in a few years I imagine, as it's highly unlikely that people will be able to do a booze run anymore.

If Scotland go, what happens to Berwick's football team?  They'd be trading in the wrong currency for the league.

The fact we actually had to do a booze run is an EU joke...

Clems Army!
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 17:37:09 »

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_576d2dfee4b0dbb1bbba3911

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 18:57:02 »

I got 3 numbers up on my Euromillions ticket. Can I still claim the winnings?
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 19:08:27 »

I got 3 numbers up on my Euromillions ticket. Can I still claim the winnings?

No!  You have to send it to Nigel Farage.   Smiley
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #280 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 19:22:01 »

No!  You have to send it to Nigel Farage.   Smiley
I think you'll find that will shortly be Sir Nigel Farage
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 19:27:05 »

Genuine question to the Leavers: did the supposed £350m a week to be spent on the NHS form any part of your decision to vote leave? And if it did, do you now realise they never meant it?
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #282 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 19:33:47 »

Genuine question to the Leavers: did the supposed £350m a week to be spent on the NHS form any part of your decision to vote leave? And if it did, do you now realise they never meant it?
I knew it was bollox and it played no part in my decision.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 19:40:17 »

I knew it was bollox and it played no part in my decision.
Fair enough, cheers for the answer. What were the main factors for you, if you don't mind me asking? ("Mind your own" is a perfectly reasonable response)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Friday, June 24, 2016, 19:49:55 »

and amongst all the doom and gloom, it could be brilliant. Some people have revelled in their indignant rage and their patronising put downs to leavers as uneducated and ill informed racists. Its like the moany Slave Trader cunts after we beat them. It wasn't fair blah blah fucking blah.
I'm proud of my country today. I haven't got a fucking clue if I've made the right decision. Nor has anyone else. I think I've made a good decision. Others think I haven't but nobody knows.
Hopefully people will now turn their attention towards making this work. It could be shit. It could be great. Lets talk it up not down. .its a big world out there.  
Very, very well said my friend.

O/T I saw Neil Young at the O2 the other week. Marvellous.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: