Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Luton Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 43548 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2017, 18:01:14 »

Quote from: FreddySTFC!
sorry DV but I'll have to disagree with that. a-hole with a massive budget maybe, but the match prep, fitness and game plan must have come from somewhrere
I think you may have been whooshed.
oops
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2017, 18:01:41 »

I’m not sure what your point is or you understood what my sarcastic point was.

Di Canio was a fantastically organised, well drilled manager with huge enthusiasm and passion.
That infected the club top to bottom and too the fans

We walked this piss poor shit excuse for a professional league and we were well on our way to walking the one above too.

...but...he gets no credit because he had a decent sized budget.

Flitcroft has a decent sized budget and we’re fucking garbage. The club is a shambles top to bottom and we are now the worst type of football clubs going; one of those just here to make up the numbers.

If STFC was an animal you’d put it down.
The club is cancerous and we won’t ever recover. I sometimes think we’d be better off closing the club down and startling fresh inthe non leagues.

Otherwise, get used to shit mid table win some lose division 4 football because it won’t be changing anytime soon.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2017, 18:02:08 »

I’ve never bought into that. What’s the point of accepting a season pissing off more fans with no progression evident for next season?

I saw nothing close and pre season that suggested a serious assault on promotion, other than by binning the Swindon way and getting in a squad of mainly Div 4 journeymen with a few loans, we'd have enough to avoid a Chesterfield/PV struggle of our fellow relegated sides, and with Div 4 having a PO spot down to 7, we might be able to hang in there towards the end of the season.

That is kind of where we are.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2017, 18:02:30 »

sorry DV, I'm sat in the corner with a big 'D' hat on
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2017, 18:03:51 »

I have to admit, I was trying to figure out exactly what DV's point was...

It's not exactly the first time he's made it  Suicide

As for today I'm surprised people are shocked, there was simply no way we were going to get a result today.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2017, 18:04:03 »

sorry DV, I'm sat in the corner with a big 'D' hat on

D for David Flitcroft
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2017, 18:06:49 »

As for today I'm surprised people are shocked, there was simply no way we were going to get a result today.
There’s a whole world of difference between getting beaten and surrendering whilst not being able to play even slightly effective hoofball
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2017, 18:07:52 »

I suppose I just don't take that much notice of him. Sorry DV... No

And I don't think anyone is shocked by the result today either. Gutted, disappointed yes. Shocked, no.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 26, 2017, 18:09:23 by OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR » Logged
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2017, 18:08:40 »

We are rapidly losing any last bit of soul the club had left under Power. A disinterested owner who is turning more and more fans away from the club.
The football this season may be Flitcrofts fault, as are the results and the signings. But there is a deeper underlying problem.
The enthusiam from most fans has disapapered, even before this dismal run the crowds were low.
I have seen many a bad team in my time, as have most on here. But there has always been a togetherness with fans. Whether that is trying to get behind the side, or trying to force an owner out, it’s always been there.
It’s sad to see, but it’s not just the players who don’t seem up for a fight, it’s us the fans too. My worry is how do we get that back?
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2017, 18:15:12 »

Just to put some flesh on the carcass of today’s decaying corpse. 23 played, 35 points. Based on last season 70 points would have gotten us into the last playoff place. So making a wild assumption that 70 points gets us there again, are we good enough to go all the way to Wembley and win? Is the current manager good enough to carry it off?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2017, 18:17:53 »

Just to put some flesh on the carcass of today’s decaying corpse. 23 played, 35 points. Based on last season 70 points would have gotten us into the last playoff place. So making a wild assumption that 70 points gets us there again, are we good enough to go all the way to Wembley and win? Is the current manager good enough to carry it off?
2 things.

Can we repeat our away form - doubtful, these home thrashings must be confidence draining.

Can we improve our home form - can see no reason why we can

Can we get the play offs - yes, without Flitcroft
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2017, 18:18:34 »

And to ask another question, I wonder what the mood would be had home and away form been reversed.

personally I think I'd have been far more optimistic. I mean that's obvious, right?

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2017, 18:20:56 »

And to ask another question, I wonder what the mood would be had home and away form been reversed.

personally I think I'd have been far more optimistic. I mean that's obvious, right?
No doubt that’s true. But it is what it is. The majority of fans are/were witnessing the absolute garbage at home.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2017, 18:21:23 »

We are rapidly losing any last bit of soul the club had left under Power. A disinterested owner who is turning more and more fans away from the club.
The football this season may be Flitcrofts fault, as are the results and the signings. But there is a deeper underlying problem.
The enthusiam from most fans has disapapered, even before this dismal run the crowds were low.
I have seen many a bad team in my time, as have most on here. But there has always been a togetherness with fans. Whether that is trying to get behind the side, or trying to force an owner out, it’s always been there.
It’s sad to see, but it’s not just the players who don’t seem up for a fight, it’s us the fans too. My worry is how do we get that back?
^This.
I stopped coming to games when the backbone seemed to disappear from the club, in days gone by when we were poor at least there seemed an effort/interest to try and turn it around. Got fed up with lacklustre, stopped going. Not sure where my club that I followed for years has gone.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Tuesday, December 26, 2017, 18:22:21 »

Good point. I tend to agree with you. However, either way, the margins for a successful season are balancing on a knife edge.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: