Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs Luton Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 42652 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Friday, December 29, 2017, 17:30:09 »

JTR, why should DF have given him his place back automatically his ban was over? I wouldn’t have. The ban was the FL/FA punishment, the clubs would/should be an internal fine, apology to the rest of the team and second choice until you earn the respect of the management and players to get the No.1 shirt back.
Because at that point in time he was the better keeper.  Numerous players get bans, but generally if they are th3 strongest in that position, will reclaim their place when th3 ban is over. If something else went on behind the scenes fair enough, but that was never confirmed, it was just rumours about his attitude.  Vigoroux suddenly went from being 1st choice keeper to third behind Will Henry, which was nothing short of ridiculous.  

I am not sure he has performed any better than cook though has he?
Do you mean before or after his ban?
« Last Edit: Friday, December 29, 2017, 17:32:37 by joteddyred » Logged
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Friday, December 29, 2017, 20:04:15 »

Because at that point in time he was the better keeper.  Numerous players get bans, but generally if they are th3 strongest in that position, will reclaim their place when th3 ban is over. If something else went on behind the scenes fair enough, but that was never confirmed, it was just rumours about his attitude.  Vigoroux suddenly went from being 1st choice keeper to third behind Will Henry, which was nothing short of ridiculous.  

Flitcroft clearly didn’t it think that did he? He’s the manager is he not? As you’ve succinctly pointed out ‘If something else went on behind the scenes fair enough,’ i’d Put money on it if I was a gambling man. Maybe he’ll be off in a week or so to pave the way for our new blow your socks off January transfer signings.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Friday, December 29, 2017, 21:16:50 »

I have no doubt that Vigeroux is the better ‘keeper and Flitcroft know it. At first I thought RCC looked okay but the more I’ve seen him, I can see that his footwork is terrible - it is no surprise he ‘just’ misses so shots that isn’t directly at him - especially higher up - because his balance must be all off.

ferret

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Saturday, December 30, 2017, 06:46:26 »

I’m with you.

The timing went something like this:

26 Sept - Vigs plays vs Coventry, and is sent off post-match. We’ll never know exactly what was said or done, but if he lost his rag in the tunnel, which is presumably the case, Flitcroft must have been aware of it at the time.

30 Sept - Vigs plays vs Cambridge and keeps a clean sheet.

W/C 2 Oct - Vigs is suspended and Flitcroft mouths off about how appalling his behaviour was, how Flitcroft was brought up better and would never stoop to such levels, blah blah.

If Flitcroft was willing to be so quick to take the moral high ground and publicly slag him off, then he simply shouldn’t have picked him versus Cambridge in the meantime. Once he’d picked him in that game, he just needed to put up and shut up.

Part of the problem was we’d hit fairly good form at the time, and whenever we do that Flitcroft relaxes and starts acting like a prick. We saw something similar in late November, when firstly he clearly viewed the Grimsby game as an inconvenience (only took half a bench, full of defenders... told the Adver we should never be going up there on a Tuesday night and he’d rather be at home watching Midsomer Murders), and then straight afterwards got all Total Football with his selections, doing the stupid thing with Taylor and Iandolo which I don’t think I’ve heard a single fan agree with.
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Saturday, December 30, 2017, 09:53:51 »

I’m with you.

The timing went something like this:

this is an assumption right?

26 Sept - Vigs plays vs Coventry, and is sent off post-match. We’ll never know exactly what was said or done, but if he lost his rag in the tunnel, which is presumably the case, Flitcroft must have been aware of it at the time.

are you sure Flitcroft was in full possession of the facts? He may have at that juncture only LV’s version of events and although aware of an incident was waiting the refs report

30 Sept - Vigs plays vs Cambridge and keeps a clean sheet.

W/C 2 Oct - Vigs is suspended and Flitcroft mouths off about how appalling his behaviour was, how Flitcroft was brought up better and would never stoop to such levels, blah blah.

this is where I think everything came out and LV was shown to be the villain. You have to understand that the tail does not wag the dog no matter how rabid the dog is. DF acted accordingly as the manager and as he saw fit, you have to accept that.

If Flitcroft was willing to be so quick to take the moral high ground and publicly slag him off, then he simply shouldn’t have picked him versus Cambridge in the meantime. Once he’d picked him in that game, he just needed to put up and shut up.

Part of the problem was we’d hit fairly good form at the time, and whenever we do that Flitcroft relaxes and starts acting like a prick. We saw something similar in late November, when firstly he clearly viewed the Grimsby game as an inconvenience (only took half a bench, full of defenders... told the Adver we should never be going up there on a Tuesday night and he’d rather be at home watching Midsomer Murders), and then straight afterwards got all Total Football with his selections, doing the stupid thing with Taylor and Iandolo which I don’t think I’ve heard a single fan agree with.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Saturday, December 30, 2017, 17:47:55 »

I wish you'd learn to use the quote function properly Wink
Exiled Bob

Likes a moan

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Saturday, December 30, 2017, 18:55:47 »

I wish you'd learn to use the quote function properly Wink

Me too.....
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Saturday, December 30, 2017, 18:57:27 »

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Saturday, December 30, 2017, 19:19:15 »

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Legends-Lounge

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Saturday, December 30, 2017, 21:32:59 »

Mee free
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Sunday, December 31, 2017, 07:34:14 »

I have no doubt that Vigeroux is the better ‘keeper and Flitcroft know it. At first I thought RCC looked okay but the more I’ve seen him, I can see that his footwork is terrible - it is no surprise he ‘just’ misses so shots that isn’t directly at him - especially higher up - because his balance must be all off.

Just leave this here.....

It's All Good..............
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Monday, January 1, 2018, 14:45:01 »

lolololololol RCC save v Notts County. Yeah he has no awareness at all...and isn't young enough to learn more and get better..... Pint Pint Pint Pint

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: