Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Preston North End FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36421 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 19:03:20 »

Also, mad props to the major bell behind me who shouted 'fucking rubbish town' at full time. Knobhead

And I don't know if anyone has mentioned it yet, but the Di Canio Deli is now the SN1 deli, which I'm sure will send some posters into apoplectic fits of fury

Things get better but they never get good
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 19:11:39 »

There were at least a couple of hundred spaces in there (I was directly opposite).
I think it ws given as just over 900 visiting supporters, in an area that seats 1200!!  Perhaps the norther whippet fanciers have forgotten how to count!!
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 19:19:33 »

Considering they've just got a new manager and beat the previous leaders last week, and our bizarre week, I am happy with a point.

Not a great performance, lacked some creativity.

Big game on Tuesday.
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 19:25:38 »

4 points from the last 2 games  away to one of our promotion rivals and then to a team with a new manager i am happy with that
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 19:26:53 »

Their keeper made some really great saves but I suppose other than that he was average. Very, very flappy.

This is becoming a common theme at the CG, away keeper makes a number of great saves!

Disappointed not to have taken all 3 points to be honest.  I thought Preston were crap and were certainly hanging on at the end.  I can't remember Wes having a proper save to make?

We started well and could have gone in front early one, but then seemed to lose our way and looked a bit of a shambles for a while.  As mentioned, the Preston goal had shades of Hartlepool about it.  It stemmed from De Vita (who was dire all game) losing the ball just inside our half.  Williams also looked off the pace and disinterested, which is a concern.  McEveley was another one who was poor and personally I feel a bit sorry for Thompson who seems to have lost his place.

I noticed during the second half that Pitman was standing and giving instructions from the side.  It was after this that we stepped up a gear and should have gone on to win.

Tuesday is a potential banana skin we need to avoid.
moredonboy

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 19:29:22 »

all the energy seems to have left with him
the team missed his energy
the comments on here are so 'ah well' we didn't lose
the spark has gone out
who is going to rekindle it!
i hope someone does soon
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 19:38:19 »

Preston they have good players, but Simon Grayson has them playing dirty crap style of football. Lee Holmes didn't get a look in today, usually he rips us apart alone.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 19:40:08 »

all the energy seems to have left with him
the team missed his energy
the comments on here are so 'ah well' we didn't lose
the spark has gone out
who is going to rekindle it!
i hope someone does soon

You sound like Elton John

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 19:40:15 »

Wonder if NMH is putting his feet up tonight now he doesn't have his translating job?
Would have preferred to be translating! I am no longer a useful part of this forum and am now considering my future.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #279 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 19:43:25 »

Would have preferred to be translating! I am no longer a useful part of this forum and am now considering my future.
Quitter.

Are you secretly hoping we get a Geordie manager who none of us except you can understand? Cheesy

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 19:48:16 »

Quitter.

Are you secretly hoping we get a Geordie manager who none of us except you can understand? Cheesy
That is not the NMH way! You don't realise the conditions that I have been working under over the last 18 months. One day, when the time is right, you will understand!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #281 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 19:49:00 »

Maybe you could translate Dostoyevsky for us. on second thoughts......
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #282 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 19:51:06 »

That is not the NMH way! You don't realise the conditions that I have been working under over the last 18 months. One day, when the time is right, you will understand!
If I now see a late night thread with a picture of you burglaring the TEF pictures......

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #283 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 19:51:17 »

I didn't think their keeper made any save any other competent keeper wouldn't have made - nothing really special, decent but no more. Flinders, however, did make some special saves.
Also, there were 2 handballs intheir box. The second one was pretty blatant.
phelpsieboy

« Reply #284 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 19:55:06 »

Their keeper was ropey and a disaster waiting to happen, pulled off one decent save, which is like most Goalkeepers at this level
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: