Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Preston North End FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 36170 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #300 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 23:37:50 »

He played last week as well. Came on as sub when their keeper got sent off. They lost 0-4 at home to Burton. I thought Lucas was pretty good for us to be fair though.
Same as a lot of players - good first season, total cunt the second.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Saturday, February 23, 2013, 23:38:47 »

I liked Lucas and was a decent keeper, just not up there with best ever.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 07:56:30 »

Lucas foot injured a fair but in that second season. When he did play he was of similar level to smith.

Good in the first season though.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 09:10:49 »

So they interviewed a load of people in the Legends for the FLS and didnt even show them. Bit of a waste of time that.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 09:54:41 »

I hope the FLS don't cover us again.  They've covered us a few times and I don't think we've won when they have?
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 10:28:05 »

Some interviews on SwindonWeb, here

Shaun Ryder being interviewed right at the end.
"You're twistin' my melon, man"
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #306 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 11:10:22 »

[url width=450 height=392]http://www.swindonweb.com/uploaded_files/12099/images/jed_mccrory_swindon_450.jpg[/url]

a tie! all is well with the world.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #307 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 11:18:09 »

Some interviews on SwindonWeb, here

Shaun Ryder being interviewed right at the end.
"You're twistin' my melon, man"
Thats funny but it does show that a lot of our fans seem to be a bit deluded about the prospect of Adkins who although I would like him he aint going to come to us in this league.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #308 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 12:52:48 »

I thought we deserved to win to be quite honest. Other than their goal Preston didn't really offer much. The first half was quite poor but we were much better in the 2nd. We switched off for their goal which was on the break but after that we stepped it up and could have easily had another couple on another day. By the end of the game we were all over them. I lost count of the amount of corners we had in the end. A good result against a decent side with a new and good manager at the helm, especially more so given circumstances this week. Confident we can beat Bury on Tuesday.
GoSWINDON
Making the best out of the little I have.

going for a poo see you in two

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 12:58:20 »

Thats funny but it does show that a lot of our fans seem to be a bit deluded about the prospect of Adkins who although I would like him he aint going to come to us in this league.

that was funny as fuck, he was pnethor like

If I Don't See You Through  Week, I'll See You Through Window
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #310 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 17:54:09 »

Just watched the highlights on player.......their keeper was a right flapper!

Bad marking by Macca again, I am not convinced by him player fullback at all, was clearly at fault for their goal losing his man at the far post the same as he did against Hartlepool.

Our goal was a little fortunate from the backpass but scored brilliantly under the advancing keeper by Rooney.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 17:58:37 »

Just watching the FL show..In Clem's intro he said we had "lower than expected crowds".....really?
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 18:06:37 »

Just watched the highlights on player.......their keeper was a right flapper!

Bad marking by Macca again, I am not convinced by him player fullback at all, was clearly at fault for their goal losing his man at the far post the same as he did against Hartlepool.

Our goal was a little fortunate from the backpass but scored brilliantly under the advancing keeper by Rooney.

Totally agree ref Macca, he looked good going forward but left short at times at the back.  Would like to see him in Centre mid, with Jay & Nathan at FB, especially if Ferry's injured. 

I was in hospitality yesterday & right behind the dugout & was surprised at the lack of communication (even amongst themselves) on the bench, it was glaring that we needed to change things & it took a Ferry injury to spark anything.

Fought back well and played some good stuff in last half hour when we played it on the deck!   
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 18:09:55 »

Just watching the FL show..In Clem's intro he said we had "lower than expected crowds".....really?

I've read that a lot to and thought what ....

The other thing to come out the FL show is what an unbelievable tosser Steve Claridge is ...  Blithering on about how high PDC's stock is and all that. If his stock was so high would a club not have come in for him?  After all a title, followed by team in the play offs of the league above, a cup final and 8 wins against teams in higher divisions to boot ... And not a single approach ....

The article in the football league paper was pretty good think it was from today.

Was also a town fan on 606 last night.  Not to sure what he said but I listened to his first 2 sentences decided he was a cunt and switched off!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Sunday, February 24, 2013, 18:13:49 »

The other thing to come out the FL show is what an unbelievable tosser Steve Claridge is ... 

Don't think that wasn't already known before yesterday!

We met Clem at the station on the way back from Gillingham last year. He seemed reluctant to pass on our "regards" to Claridge.

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: