Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 35   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Press restrictions.  (Read 109224 times)
Skinny Pete

« Reply #225 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 09:47:18 »

At the end of the day those club owners who truly altruistic can be counted on the fingers of one hand (6).

The majority, including Power, are in it to make money - nothing wrong with that.

Problems occur when owners just take out and put very little, if any, back into the club.

There's no evidence as yet that Power is 'doing an Oyston.'

It would be nice to see a little of the cash generated by player sales/Wembley spent on a player or 2 - but who's to say it wont be before long
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 09:48:00 »

Picking a fight with the Adver and circumventing them is one thing.  Taking on the whole of the press and trying to replace them with Tom Otrebski is entirely another.

It's a mistake by Lee.  I like what he has done with the squad/playing side, but he's wrong on this.  It's a battle he isn't going to win...for the simple reason that STFC needs the press more than the press needs STFC.  I just think he's overplayed his hand.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 09:51:48 »

^^^ this ^^^^

but he's a stubborn guy so I'm not expecting any movement from him on it for a while.

he hasn't even played the "due to negative press.... frightening off investors.... considering my position" card yet ffs Smiley
kaufman

« Reply #228 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 10:02:30 »

Let's take a step back. The press can still go to the grounds on a matchday, give us updates of the game and no doubt the BBC (as they always did anyway) will conduct the after match presser with the manager and a player or two.

In the grand scheme of things I don't think things will change much for the fans. For Sam, & Andrew and to a lesser extent whoever does the interview for the BBC it will get sticky midweek and they'll have to just take quotes from the official site.

It's no secret Power at present seem to have a good relationship with the BBC Wiltshire judging by last season and this preseason.

Relationships ebb and flow. I don't agree with the clubs stance but I do agree there is now far too many local media outlets for our region that don't offer anything different and are now pushing up to the second reporting to its limit.

I can't see it sustaining.

Notice I've not included Vital Swindon as I genuinely believe the've either been hacked or the only smart phone left with the password for their twitter account has been left in a psychiatric ward.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 10:11:34 by kaufman » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 10:14:45 »

Picking a fight with the Adver and circumventing them is one thing.  Taking on the whole of the press and trying to replace them with Tom Otrebski is entirely another.

It's a mistake by Lee.  I like what he has done with the squad/playing side, but he's wrong on this.  It's a battle he isn't going to win...for the simple reason that STFC needs the press more than the press needs STFC.  I just think he's overplayed his hand.

Think you're wrong, whereas back in the day, the club and press had a cosy symbiotic relationship.....in these post modern times I'd say the local press needs the club, and the national press doesn't give a shit....there you'll find more column inches about "Stevie G" playing 45 mins in some friendly in America, than anything happening in Div 3 and 4.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 10:20:47 »

Speaking of Stevie G sky even said how long it took for him to touch the ball in his first game for LA

Fawning cunts
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 10:35:02 »

Think you're wrong, whereas back in the day, the club and press had a cosy symbiotic relationship.....in these post modern times I'd say the local press needs the club, and the national press doesn't give a shit....there you'll find more column inches about "Stevie G" playing 45 mins in some friendly in America, than anything happening in Div 3 and 4.

Agree with some of that, but not on the conclusion.  Press coverage is free marketing, and we are voluntarily giving it up.  The nationals hardly cover us anyway...fair enough.  But the local press have covered extensively and the Club pays nothing for that service.  Floating fans are not going to download Fanzai and will not seek out Tom Otrebski's latest piece on the Club website.  But they will listen to local radio and catch the Adver now & then.  The new arrangements may work, to an extent, in keeping the existing, already committed fanbase informed.  But it will do nothing to attract new fans.  And that's why I think that STFC needs the local press more than is being recognised.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 10:35:33 »

Speaking of Stevie G sky even said how long it took for him to touch the ball in his first game for LA

Fawning cunts

The whole fawning over Stevie G by Sky is vomit inducing.

He's gone over to the States on a big salary to play some retirement football. End of.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 10:44:12 »

Agree with some of that, but not on the conclusion.  Press coverage is free marketing, and we are voluntarily giving it up.  The nationals hardly cover us anyway...fair enough.  But the local press have covered extensively and the Club pays nothing for that service.  Floating fans are not going to download Fanzai and will not seek out Tom Otrebski's latest piece on the Club website.  But they will listen to local radio and catch the Adver now & then.  The new arrangements may work, to an extent, in keeping the existing, already committed fanbase informed.  But it will do nothing to attract new fans.  And that's why I think that STFC needs the local press more than is being recognised.

But nothing much has changed....the important stuff, namely, match day is still there.  Before the Adver had its nose put out of joint, their output had deteriorated to a seeming weekly interview with Miles Storey. 

I'd hazard a guess that the number of < 30's who look at the Adver, hard copy or website would be quite small.
Chrystovski

« Reply #234 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 12:06:44 »

Bang on.
Only Me

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 15:30:06 »

Sorry, but I trust Sam more than a Priest!!  At least Sam keeps his hands to himself...  most of the time..
😀😀😀
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Wednesday, July 15, 2015, 16:37:23 »

Interesting article (& comments) in the Guardian.

Guardian: Swindon Town FC Bans Media Outlets from Press Conferences

Did Mathew contact you and thank you for providing a story for him? Maybe you should be towns new press officer?

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/swindon_town_2014/13419603.Power_says_new_media_approach_helps_club_to_engage_with_fans/

Smiley

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Skinny Pete

« Reply #237 on: Friday, July 24, 2015, 19:52:21 »

So, for those who have signed up for Fanzai, how is it going?

Are there plenty of STFC stories updated regularly?

Does it publish match reports on the friendlies?

Or is it a pile of shite?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Friday, July 24, 2015, 20:57:50 »

So, for those who have signed up for Fanzai, how is it going?

Are there plenty of STFC stories updated regularly?

Does it publish match reports on the friendlies?

Or is it a pile of shite?

Is no different to the usual twitter and fb feed news. Having said that they do post some interviews and a few videos you don't normally get with the coverage on social media. The potential is there for it to be decent. I think it would be good if the club ran it alongside other media outlets. The media content isn't really as good as the likes of FLIC and Total Swindon. As its the only source of media along with other social media and the OS it doesn't add any real extra value.

My main gripe is the app itself. Its a bit simple and poorly put together. Also I seem to get notifications all the time about players I don't even follow. I've turned the notifications off full stop in the settings and I still get them. Its an app that needs a lot of improvement.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Friday, July 24, 2015, 21:06:27 »

So the older generations who may not even have a mobile phone, let alone a smartphone, but buy the Adver to get their team's news - as they have probably done for the past 50 years - are left out in the cold are they?
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 35   Go Up
Print
Jump to: