Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon town -v- Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiill-walllll official matc  (Read 29327 times)

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 17:00:59 »

decent game until douglas's stupid lunge.(ref got it right i think)
we started really well,looked confident and had superb shape to the team.
even against 11 with 10 men we did well.i cannot fault players at all really as the commitment was superb by all of them.

i thought wilson got it wrong big time and his tactics cost us in the end.when their guy got sent off i thought right we'll go after them now but no, we sat back on a 1 nil lead and let them come at us.we had a free kick with the opportunity to score and had 2 men in the box for it!why?
playing the lone man with no support, allowed millwall to play 3 at the back and throw 2 men upfront.i have no idea why wilson let that happen?

revell was mom for me and jpm was a close second.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 17:10:00 »

You should be a L1 ref with eyesight like that. He got the ball, FFS. I'd have argued the toss for a yellow, but would have accepted it. Never a red in a month of Sundays.

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 17:13:17 »

oh come on paul he jumped in.you dont have to connect to get sent off either.
it didn't help that it came immediately after ferry jumped in too.
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 17:13:43 »

We were dead on our feet in the last 20 mins of the game so it's more amazing we didn't lose to be honest.  Annoying, because I thought it had the makings of a very entertaining game, with us creating quite a few chances and Millwall looking dangerous as well.  We seemed to be on the up after the goal.  Didn't look like a red to me and I'm not sure the Millwall one was as bad as it looked, but he was bound to go following our one.  Unfortunately we had run ourselves out of steam so couldn't take advantage of being back to even sides.  Revell played really well today, as did JP.

Fully agree with all that, I could hear people criticising our 'lack of fitness' and 'lack of urgency', but when you consider we played most of the game a man down I think it's fair to say the players will tire quicker.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #139 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 17:15:35 »

i felt knackered watching
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 17:16:30 »

oh come on paul he jumped in.you dont have to connect to get sent off either.
it didn't help that it came immediately after ferry jumped in too.
Bollocks, seen much worse than that not even get a free kick, he challenged and won the ball. I wasn't denying he connected with the player, he manifestly did, but he'd won the ball in a fair challenge. The sending off was solely down to the am-dram theatrics from their histrionic players, not what the ref saw (or rather didn't). Whinging, diving, cheating, nasty little bullies
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 17:20:57 »

I think he was a trifle late myself and their man was caught, but no worse than a yellow deserved. I agree with Paul in that the Millwall reaction got him sent off,not the challenge. The bloody lino should have had a reasonable view of it.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 17:21:29 »

I know this site is know for its bollocks content but that has to be the most bollocks filled line of all time.

We were better. We should have won.

11 men and we'd have won comfortably.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 17:22:58 »

The bloody lino should have had a reasonable view of it.
Yeah, but he wasn't saying boo to a goose all game. Waste of fucking space. Mind, must be difficult to speak up to the ref when it's the first game of football you've ever seen and you've only just turned 12
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 17:23:04 »

As I said before I didn't see the Douglas challenge. but it looked like the ref may have been influenced by the Millwall players that surrounded him - it was only after this he went to his pocket and produced the red.

I thought the Millwall one was as blatant a red card as they get, he went in for a 50/50 ball high and hard with his boot and caught JPM at waist height. None of their players complained either which is generally a sign it was deserved.
JOHNNY REEVES

« Reply #145 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 17:24:20 »

yes oscar for abdou
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 17:29:59 »

The ref was shit...end of, plus his assistants was crap as well.

We started off very well looking the most dangerous side, and it wasn't really a surprise when we scored. The front two were playing well together. Then it turned into the referee's show. Sitting on the opposite side I didn't get a good view but in my mind the Millwall players reaction got Douglas sent off.

Wilson had to sacrifice one of the strikers, bringing on Timlin for Hutchinson (personally I would've gone with Easton). McNamee got booked for a stupid foul just before half time, and due to the fact Henry was causing us problems down that side, McNamee was taken off with Lescinel on with Kennedy moved in left midfield.

Early in the second half, we should've had a penalty when Kennedy and Lecs linked up well and when the cross came in , Craig looked to have hanballed it. The ref then refused to book Martin despite pulling back Amankwaah, but Millwall didn't look like scoring.

Soon afterwards, JPM went through around half way, and got clattered by Frampton. In my opinion, it was just a booking, but the ref decided that it was a red after giving Douglas', and it was 10 a side. Revell, who had run his arse off, was then replaced by Painter.

Soon afterwards a long cross was put into the box, Cuthbert was pushed and Millwall equalised, and then it was trying to hold onto a point.

All in all, the ref ruined a good game, and since we were down to 10 men for an hour I would've quite happily taken a point. A number of people were slagging Wilson off for his subs, but he was left no choice in takeing a striker off and McNamee as he in not known for his defensive abilities, and Revell had run himself into the ground.

How Craig was not at least booked as he should've got booked for dissent after kicking a water bottle on the edge of the pitch when Frampton was sent off, and he showed so much dissent in moaning about everything.

After the first game of the season, if somone said we'd be 7th two months later I would've ripped their arm off. It's a pity now we're going to lose Douglas for three games.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 17:31:53 »

I hope we appeal the Douglas red card.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 17:32:24 »

It was an ok game

Douglas deserved his red card.   His tackle was a yellow but he then tries to slap a Millwall player and had to go.

Overall Millwall were the better side and this would ahve been a game we would have lost 12 months ago.  

Only thing we lacked was pace.  When it was 11 vs 11 we were easily bearting them on the wings and probably would have scored more goals.  Going down to 10 men was tough snf i dont think Revell is good enough to play upfront on his own.

Shame Obadeyi wasnt fit to play as this was his sort of game today.

Ref was shit,  made load of crap decisions for both teams
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Saturday, October 10, 2009, 17:34:03 »

As Paul said, I don't think we have grounds to appeal. He (IMHO) fouled the man, and we'd therefore be appealing the referees interpretation of the severity of the foul. It wouldn't end well (unless the replay shows he took the ball first)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: