Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power, budgets and finances  (Read 52442 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 09:44:43 »

Are the missing 1000 or so ST holders from last season who didn't renew cos of the Jed effect?

If so, I struggle to understand why they, who are obviously 'entrenched' fans, are now not even bothering to be matchday walk-ups.

Surely you can't lose all interest that quickly - especially considering how well we are playing.

Been over this a million times, people are skint. I normally do 15+ games a season. This year 0. the reason, although I earn a pretty high wage my wife was made redundant and is now on a third of her previous wage, hence disposable income gone in a flash, and no immediate sign of it recovering. Bet if you did a poll there would be multiple examples in the same vein. If I could I'd be there every game, I cant, so is that an excuse or a fact of life?  
lambourn red

« Reply #76 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 10:20:43 »

At the Colchester game I bumped into a couple of people I know who were their with the kids one of which is a big Villa fan goes now and again to Villa Park but because it was a quid for his child he came along to his local team. Getting these kids in and giving them the live football experience is imperative to the long term sustainability of the club otherwise this whole generation will be lost completely to SKY forever.
I think Power is going to have to offer a few incentives in the run up to Christmas like ST holders bring a friend for a tenner and another couple of kid a quid deals.
Outletred

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 10:24:03 »

Regarding deals/promotions- you are restricted to how many of these you can do in a season- I think this is currently set at 4
lambourn red

« Reply #78 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 11:12:52 »

Regarding deals/promotions- you are restricted to how many of these you can do in a season- I think this is currently set at 4

I believe that restriction is where you do not offer the same deal to away fans, surely kid a quid would be offered to both sets of fans meaning it could run anytime.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 11:26:29 »

I believe that restriction is where you do not offer the same deal to away fans, surely kid a quid would be offered to both sets of fans meaning it could run anytime.

I think this is right. It's why we had to pay full whack when we went to Scunny on the last game of the season a couple of years ago, while their fans got in for next to nothing.
WR5

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 11:32:11 »

For me it was the fact my boy moved up to the next ticket price from 25 quid for a season ticket ( in effect) to 100 plus, not a great rise I agree but coming from out of town ( 110 mile round trip) it makes all the difference.
 The walk up price for kids is just to expensive so we have only been to the quid a kid game, but would go to more of them.

lambourn red

« Reply #81 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 11:45:00 »

For me it was the fact my boy moved up to the next ticket price from 25 quid for a season ticket ( in effect) to 100 plus, not a great rise I agree but coming from out of town ( 110 mile round trip) it makes all the difference.
 The walk up price for kids is just to expensive so we have only been to the quid a kid game, but would go to more of them.

And that is the crux of the matter dads want to take the kids to the game but are not willing to pay £12 for them but the result is the club also lose the £25 for the adult as well, if they make it a £1 for under 16 then the crowds will be bigger.
kerry red

« Reply #82 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 11:47:39 »

Crowds would be bigger but the income would remain about the same - which misses Power's point of needing more paying customers
lambourn red

« Reply #83 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 11:52:35 »

Crowds would be bigger but the income would remain about the same - which misses Power's point of needing more paying customers

You missed the point in my previous point , dads are not willing to pay £12 for the kids and hence dont go themselves so we lose an Adult entrance fee how is that going to keep the income the same ?
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 11:55:35 »

Hell, make it a fiver, that'd be fine - rounds the total cost for dad and kid up to £30. If you went and could get in for £20 and bring your kid for a tenner most people'd be happy with that.
kerry red

« Reply #85 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 12:00:38 »

You missed the point in my previous point , dads are not willing to pay £12 for the kids and hence dont go themselves so we lose an Adult entrance fee how is that going to keep the income the same ?

Do dads really not go themselves if they feel they don't want to pay for their son/daughter?

WR5

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 12:22:57 »

Do dads really not go themselves if they feel they don't want to pay for their son/daughter?

I wouldn't, can hardly say sorry son, cant afford to go, then piss off on my own.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 12:49:13 by WR5 » Logged

lambourn red

« Reply #87 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 12:40:58 »

yes
otanswell

Fuck em all...

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 14:26:41 »

This season depends on Power's belief in the team.

If he genuinely believes we will be promoted this attendance blip will be forgotten. Crowds will pick up if we sustain our league position and if we do get to the Championsip I would imagine crowds would be around the 12000 mark

We do not even get those gates last time we were in the championship

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 15:07:58 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29915117

A drop from c.8,100 to 7,000 is more than a blip? Have we really been averaging 8k+ for the last few years?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: