Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thursday Night  (Read 25271 times)
red macca

« Reply #60 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 16:01:01 »

Dont be stupid about it gazza.Your not that important that they would change.

Im saying that for too long people have sat back and just thought "its ok they will sort it they allways do"

wimbledon fans done that then kicked themselves when they realised they should of done more
red macca

« Reply #61 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 16:01:46 »

wheres your post gone :?
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #62 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 16:02:08 »

Quote from: "red macca"
Quote from: "STFC_Gazza"
Quote from: "glos_robin"
Ummmm todays statement regarding Devlin for example, regretfully accepting his resignation........yeah right.  I will be there Thursday but you can guarentee and financial questions will be avoided as they'll say takeover negotiations are on going so they can't reveal details of finances. Other things they are doing wrong at present treating season ticket holders such as Mexico_Red like dirt, not turning up to meeting with him and the other Arkells refugees.....thats for starters do you really want a list?

To be fair they aren’t going to say, “thank fuck that wanker Devlin is gone, if he didn’t resign we would have sacked him, we invite all Swindon Town fans to a party to celebrate his resignation” are they? I thought the club sorted the thing with Mex etc giving them VIP tickets etc and I thought Martyn and Mex had a heated discussion about why no one of authority was at the meeting and that was sorted between the 2 now? Admittedly perhaps it shouldn’t have happened in the first place.

The board have done things wrong mainly the raise in ticket prices and when/if the fans consortium get in they will get things wrong and fans will turn on them too eventually. Example can be seen at Brentford where the fans are in charge but not happy with the current board, which are fans and elected by the fans I believe. The Scum also had their Nick Merry come in and take over and look where they are now, They are not happy that Jim Smith (their equivalent to Lou Macari) can not repeat the success they had previously.

Is this how the fans consortium board would be?

Sir Seton Wills – President
Bill Power – Chairman
Mike Wilks/Paul Davis/ Andy Ratcliffe – Fans Director(s)

As football fans I think its simple, we will never be happy regardless who is in charge and what decisions are made, It’s all part of life at Swindon Town.
why would they not? they basically called him a wanker when they accused him of the overspend.they did not visit the bloke in hospital.The issue is gazza it should not be part of life at stfc and thats why we will continue to fuck up because fans with the same opinion as yourself will just accept it and think that this is the norm when it fucking shouldnt be

Perhaps the reason they haven't said that is because

a - both sides (club and BP and PE) are talking about a takeover

b - It doesnt add anything to the current negotiations with the fans consortium or any other parties

c - They can see that it seperates the fan base and perhaps turns more people against them?
millom red

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 16:02:38 »

So your implying Gazza that your happy to be lied to are you?
And are you also implying that any new board would be as likely to stiff us continually as the current lot do? Some of whom i think you are mates with?

You sir, need help!

:nuts:

f it dont need fixing....dont fuckin break it

Await The Day
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #64 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 16:03:44 »

Quote from: "red macca"
wheres your post gone :?

I got rid of it, as it was sort of a joke saying I should just agree etc....
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #65 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 16:08:07 »

Quote from: "millom red"
So your implying Gazza that your happy to be lied to are you?
And are you also implying that any new board would be as likely to stiff us continually as the current lot do? Some of whom i think you are mates with?

You sir, need help!

:nuts:

I'm not saying we would be stiffed all the time, All I'm saying is that you can't please everyone all of the time. I know the people involved with the Trust etc mean well and they do have the best interests of the club at heart, no doubt about that. As long as whoever is in charge, whether it be the current board or a new consortium As long as we pay the CVA and have a club next season that’s fine. We are 2nd in the league right now, I just hope we are around to play in League 1 next season.Once we have news on whether the CVA has been renegotiated etc I think we will have a bit of breathing room.
glos_robin

« Reply #66 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 16:11:01 »

Am I the only one that can't see any possible way that the CVA could be negotiated, no creditor is going to agree to it surely?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 16:11:21 »

Quote from: "STFC_Gazza"

The board have done things wrong mainly the raise in ticket prices and when/if the fans consortium get in they will get things wrong and fans will turn on them too eventually.
Is this how the fans consortium board would be?

With respect I have to take issue Gazza. The ticket price rises rank pretty far down the list when it comes to the boards poor performance. I won't list them all for fear of repatition and turning this thread off topic.

I accept that nobody will please all of the people all of the time, consortium included. It will be tough to sort us out and turn us into a breakeven club.

Sir Seton Wills – President
Bill Power – Chairman
Mike Wilks/Paul Davis/ Andy Ratcliffe – Fans Director(s)

I think that the fan/director(s) would be elected with candidates able to stand from any of the supporters groups.

Bill Power/Phil Emil will appoint whoever they see fit to run STFC should a takeover happen.

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 16:14:00 »

unless i'm mistaken devlin put up the ticket prices to the extortionate prices of recent years.
Piemonte

« Reply #69 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 16:16:27 »

Quote from: "arriba"
unless i'm mistaken devlin put up the ticket prices to the extortionate prices of recent years.

I'm sure it was Diamandis proir to him "coming out". From what I remember reading Devlin argued not to put them up. I'm not 100% on that though
glos_robin

« Reply #70 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 16:16:28 »

I believe he was acting under orders if I'm not mistaken
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 16:16:51 »

On demand of Mr Michael Diamandis and you can quote me on that one.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 16:19:50 »

I take it you will not be wearing orange then Gazza ?   Cheesy
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #73 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 16:21:00 »

I'm hoping that with this seasons gates, they dont put them up if we go up. Keep the fan base.

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 16:21:57 »

Quote from: "RobertT"

On demand of Mr Michael Diamandis and you can quote me on that one.

fair enough,if true i stand corrected.i'll take your word for it.
but with diamandis as an advisor should devlin have obeyed the greeks demands,as he was the one employed by the club and the one who publicly justified the rises?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: