Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Thursday Night  (Read 25387 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 16:22:23 »

Quote from: "arriba"
unless i'm mistaken devlin put up the ticket prices to the extortionate prices of recent years.

Incorrect. The ticket prices were put up just BEFORE Devlin turned up, but he took all the flak.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 16:23:17 »

For one, As by this thread. It will be very interesting to see what happens Thursday and I am personally looking forward to it. A good sensible debate in this thread, no slating (for once unlike the adver forum), just opinions back and forward!!  Good to see different views on taking the club forward.

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 16:24:10 »

Quote from: "Summerof69"
unless i'm mistaken devlin put up the ticket prices to the extortionate prices of recent years.

Incorrect. The ticket prices were put up just BEFORE Devlin turned up, but he took all the flak.

no, thats not true.devlin was here when the first high price rises were introduced
glos_robin

« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 16:24:47 »

Quote from: "RobertT"

On demand of Mr Michael Diamandis and you can quote me on that one.

fair enough,if true i stand corrected.i'll take your word for it.
but with diamandis as an advisor should devlin have obeyed the greeks demands,as he was the one employed by the club and the one who publicly justified the rises?

Devlin was effectively put on the Dunwoody payroll so Diamandis was basically his boss. Don't know why they did this but to control Devlin perhaps?

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 16:27:17 »

did diamandis order devlin to increase the tickets at qpr too?
very similar to what happend here was done there during devlins time there.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 16:28:07 »

with diamandis as an advisor should devlin have obeyed the greeks demands

Have not laughed so much in ages !
glos_robin

« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 16:28:39 »

They gained promotion to the Championship when he joined them, we had just been relegated just abit different don't you think
glos_robin

« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 16:30:43 »

plus Arriba you could turn it around and say this summer he was back as our CE and ticket prices went down

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 16:33:20 »

the increases at qpr were far higher than here if i remember rightly.but i remember hearing devlin on talksport justifiying the increases there and it was very similar to the reasons given to the rises here.both from the same man!
glos_robin

« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 16:34:29 »

what about the ticket price rises to £23 that the board made last year for the season we got relegated. He wasn't here that summer so did he make that decision as well?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 16:38:28 »

plus every single club in England have put their ticket prices up over the last few years.

Maybe not to the extend we have, but I expect the average is around £17

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 16:39:31 »

Quote from: "glos_robin"
what about the ticket price rises to £23 that the board made last year for the season we got relegated. He wasn't here that summer so did he make that decision as well?

if he wasn't here then obviously not.
i'm refering to the original increases that went up significantly on the previous year.
and this isn't  anti devlin points i've been making but its something i dont understand.
glos_robin

« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 16:40:22 »

I think Arriba you just need to realise every decision at the club is either made by or has to got through Mike Diamandis. Since 2001 he has been acting as the general manager of the club, Devlin was just used as the scapegoat as he was good when it came to PR.
glos_robin

« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 16:41:40 »

2001 is basically when the ticket prices were hiked isn't it so that surely isn't a coincidence

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, February 6, 2007, 16:47:25 »

03-04 season was when the rises were introduced,i think.
look, i dont know the answers thats why i'm asking the questions!
and in all honesty you are not really answering any of them glos robin.you are guessing or putting your opinion
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: