Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Swindon Town FC vs Wrexham FC Matchday Thread  (Read 27629 times)
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 14:20:54 »

We lost on pens to Wolves and Norwich....we were unlucky to lose both.
Also never really go to much on highlights...they always sway towards the underdog.
We wont play like that against a prem team..ime just happy that Douglas came through intact...Smith should get a 3 month ban for that tackle.

Highlights were spot on, don't think Wrexham were offered an favouritism as underdogs. But you're right, we wouldn't play like that against Premiership opposition.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 14:29:54 »

So much for it being extended highlights as the Sky guide said.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 14:50:09 »

What it should have said was extended highlights if there is a cup upset or the game is half way decent.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 17:59:49 »

I've just seen the highlights (they're on YouTube if nowhere else), and it has to be said it was a shocking tackle on Douglas. Almost os shocking as some of our defending. Hopefully it was just a blip, and as people have said it's the win that counts. Looking forward to Fulham now!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 18:32:42 »

Nice to win.........i couldnt bear to listen yesterday after 10 minutes of the second half.

It was only a matter of time before they scored.

Clems Army!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #290 on: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 18:45:41 »

Evidentally not 90 minutes + stoppage time
Spencer_White

« Reply #291 on: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 18:46:17 »

Just to say, I think the next month will be crucial for Andy O'Brien. He's in danger of being a bit of a joke if he doesnt improve his first touch.

Dont get me wrong, I think he will be better for us than McNamee ever was. But he ran the ball out of play a couple of times yesterday under no pressure. He cant afford to do that at home, the fans will turn on him. Wilson needs to be so careful when he plays O'Brien.

Its always difficult to get into a game off the bench, especially against opposition like Wrexham. Come on Andy, you can do it!
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 18:47:46 »

alan.
Spencer_White

« Reply #293 on: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 19:04:15 »

what a tit.  Embarrassed
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 21:17:25 »

Just to say, I think the next month will be crucial for Andy O'Brien. He's in danger of being a bit of a joke if he doesnt improve his first touch.

Dont get me wrong, I think he will be better for us than McNamee ever was. But he ran the ball out of play a couple of times yesterday under no pressure. He cant afford to do that at home, the fans will turn on him. Wilson needs to be so careful when he plays O'Brien.

Its always difficult to get into a game off the bench, especially against opposition like Wrexham. Come on Andy, you can do it!

He did similiar in pre-season.

I'd hoping its a bit of rust with him being out injured a fair bit. If I had to judge him purely on what I'd seen so far id call him the white Ricky Shakes.

Plenty of time to prove himself though.
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Monday, November 30, 2009, 01:13:44 »

Just saw the game recorded on a cable channel.

Paynter won the corner when a solo effort was deflected (could have been going in).  For the corner, Paynter took three player with him at the near post, completely opened up the middle.  Paynter should get kudos for his determination and effort.  Paynter in the first half also headed their effort over the bar and saved a certain goal.

Hutchinson was like a twelfth man to Wrexham, countless offsides that broke up our tempo.  It may as well have been twelve against ten.  We looked better when Peacock came on, but no great understanding with Paynter.

O'Brien just looked rusty, didn't have any touch, had plenty of time and room to make good crosses but didn't.  His first attempted cross went straight into the stand behind the goal.  Surely, he can be coached to cross a ball.  He is very quick and very good defensively.

Sheehan probably would have been sent off if he hadn't been subbed.  Looked rusty but beefed up the left side of midfield. 

The sending off was nothing other than a sending off, the ref. had no other option, Wrexham fans booing Douglas was a joke.

The handball Wrexham moaned about was also a joke, if ever there was ball to hand that was it.

Finally, Lucas made some very good saves, Wrexham deserved to win the game no doubt on balance of play, but not putting the ball into the back of the net means you're a Conference not a Division 1 player.

« Last Edit: Monday, November 30, 2009, 01:16:19 by Crozzer » Logged
adje

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Monday, November 30, 2009, 08:37:30 »

Dont get me wrong, I think he will be better for us than McNamee ever was.

Really?On what do you base that assumption?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Spencer_White

« Reply #297 on: Monday, November 30, 2009, 11:37:58 »

Really?On what do you base that assumption?

Its not an assumption, its an opinion. But I say that because McNamee used to give us nothing defensively, and he used to go missing a lot during games. The only time he was really any use was if he was scoring or doing an assist. Although he could be very good he didnt create as many goals as he should have. O'Brien will run the length of the pitch, cross it, and run back again to get into position. Plus hes got the physical side as well, whereas 1 kick could always take McNamee out of the game.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #298 on: Monday, November 30, 2009, 13:43:46 »

Highlights

Mailman44

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Monday, November 30, 2009, 22:18:00 »

How great it was to watch Town on FSC here in the States.  Enjoyed every minute of it even if we were played off the park for long stretches.  I believe we won a game we would have lost over the las few years.  This team has a steely determination to it that is a credit to the manager.  Billy Paynter impressed me with his work rate and Sheehan is certainly not afraid to get stuck in!  Any possibility Fulham-Swindon will be on FSC?
Go Town!
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: