Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Swindon Town FC vs Wrexham FC Matchday Thread  (Read 27772 times)
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Saturday, November 28, 2009, 19:22:43 »

Yep and still very foggy. Anyone remember a game at the CC against Blackburn probably during 90's when an almighty fog descended and you couldn't see from one end to the other?

That was the game where we came back from 2-0 down to lead 3-2 at half time, whilst the fog rolled in. By the time the second half started, you couldn't see a thing and somehow the game continued and we won 4-3.

Boxing Day 1989

The match against Blackburn features at the beginning of this video..

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Saturday, November 28, 2009, 19:24:59 »

How fucking defeatist can people get ? Why the clamour to play a top 4 Prem club in the 3rd round ? Yes, I know a top club would boost our coffers (if played away) but not to any great extent at this relatively early stage.

What's the difference between getting them in the third round and the forth?

My view is this, if we get a big team away and earn a few hundred K then we might be able to afford another player come January transfer window.

I''d also be happy with local opposition at home.

But we all know the draw will turn out to be a damp squib for us. Always does!

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Saturday, November 28, 2009, 19:41:23 »

we aint got a chance of winning it, so a day out at the emirates is the best i can hope for.would be an ace doy out regardless.i'd rather that than get beat at home to peterborough or someone like that.
we would out sing them at least too.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #258 on: Saturday, November 28, 2009, 19:44:07 »

Boxing Day 1989

The match against Blackburn features at the beginning of this video..

Thanks Alan and Summerof69,

Didn't realise it was as far back as 89, thought it was deffo Boxing Day for some reason. I was in the Town End that day and we were attacking the other end in the second half. Still not seen the forth goal tho, didn't see it then and I've not seen it now soapy tit wank
santasdead

« Reply #259 on: Saturday, November 28, 2009, 19:45:31 »

HA. That was awful. I don't think we could possibly play any worse than that all season.

Hutchinson can go home a month early please. O'brien can't cross. Sheehan was too deep for my liking - probably because Lescinal was absolutely woeful. Lecs did not look comfortable at all and simple passes were hard for him to make. Douglas and Ferry were invisable in the first with Ferry making himself known in the second half. JPM ran his socks off but half the balls to him were too long. Lucas did well for covering for the defense that seemed a long way off the pace.

At least we're in the draw. Thats all that matters.
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Saturday, November 28, 2009, 20:04:37 »

What's the difference between getting them in the third round and the forth?

My view is this, if we get a big team away and earn a few hundred K then we might be able to afford another player come January transfer window.

I''d also be happy with local opposition at home.

But we all know the draw will turn out to be a damp squib for us. Always does!

I thought I'd explained that. Are we going to adopt the negative attitude that ''we've got to the 3rd round so let's go out with a bang and make a few quid'' or shall we be positive and endure the cup run that Fitton craves. We would never clear a few hundred K anyway, even at Manure. Give me a home tie against Barrow, Staines, Lincoln, York etc then come Jan 23rd we stand more probability of landing a top club, our revenue will be greater since attendances improve as the competition progresses, add to that the acquisition of a new striker and/or other players.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Saturday, November 28, 2009, 20:11:53 »

HA. That was awful. I don't think we could possibly play any worse than that all season.

Hutchinson can go home a month early please. O'brien can't cross. Sheehan was too deep for my liking - probably because Lescinal was absolutely woeful. Lecs did not look comfortable at all and simple passes were hard for him to make. Douglas and Ferry were invisable in the first with Ferry making himself known in the second half. JPM ran his socks off but half the balls to him were too long. Lucas did well for covering for the defense that seemed a long way off the pace.

At least we're in the draw. Thats all that matters.

bloody hell-that sounds terrible

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Saturday, November 28, 2009, 20:34:58 »

I thought I'd explained that. Are we going to adopt the negative attitude that ''we've got to the 3rd round so let's go out with a bang and make a few quid'' or shall we be positive and endure the cup run that Fitton craves.
Fair enough. I think we'd all rather go out to the big team in the 6th round than the 3rd.

We would never clear a few hundred K anyway, even at Manure.

I don't know, 40% of 60,000 at £12 a ticket. They usually fill the stadium regardless don't they?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #263 on: Saturday, November 28, 2009, 20:50:36 »

Play rubbish and get through? We must surely get an undeserved tie at <insert Premiership club here> now.

Newcastle United away please Smiley
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Saturday, November 28, 2009, 20:54:23 »

bloody hell-that sounds terrible

Not wrong at all. Fucking freezing too.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Saturday, November 28, 2009, 20:57:32 »

but we won!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!? wooooooo

Things get better but they never get good
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Saturday, November 28, 2009, 21:00:13 »

Play rubbish and get through? We must surely get an undeserved tie at <insert Premiership club here> now.

Newcastle United away please Smiley

I'm still trying to get over the last one of those...
Rich Pullen

« Reply #267 on: Saturday, November 28, 2009, 21:07:00 »

Meh that was 1994 Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Saturday, November 28, 2009, 21:15:09 »

Meh that was 1994 Smiley

Fuck me I had it down as the late 80's....funny thing time.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #269 on: Saturday, November 28, 2009, 21:18:21 »

In fairness I could name most of the major clubs (and minor) and you could bemoan a heavy loss we've experienced somewhere among your years following Town.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: