Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Swindon Town FC vs Wrexham FC Matchday Thread  (Read 27783 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Saturday, November 28, 2009, 21:23:23 »

In fairness I could name most of the major clubs (and minor) and you could bemoan a heavy loss we've experienced somewhere among your years following Town.

In fairness I was thinking about the last FA Cup game v The Barcodes, I've just about got over the 1910 game. The Prem game was home fans only...I did see us lose 6-1 at home to them in 1964, one of only three times I've seen us ship 6 at home.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #271 on: Saturday, November 28, 2009, 21:27:04 »

My apologies Reg, I thought you were referencing our last fixture with them. I recall the lock-out of away fans at SJP back then.

I went to the 92/93 win over them at the CG when Calderwood slapped the ball in with what I recall was a pretty blatant handball.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Saturday, November 28, 2009, 21:40:45 »

My apologies Reg, I thought you were referencing our last fixture with them. I recall the lock-out of away fans at SJP back then.

I went to the 92/93 win over them at the CG when Calderwood slapped the ball in with what I recall was a pretty blatant handball.

That 64 game is the only time they've won at the CG...
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Saturday, November 28, 2009, 21:43:36 »

We were woeful today - although what do they say, good teams can play badly and still win (ok it was only Wrexham)

They were by far the better team, created all the chances and should have won. Lucas played well in goal and kept us in the game at times. Lescinel was very poor today - couldnt play a simple pass and was a bit dodgy at the back aswell, we kept playing the long ball which didnt work. JPM worked hard but couldnt do anything with the ball. The passes kept going backwards and sidewards - there was no movement up top. Then we come to Hutchinson, who is quite simply the most usless pile of shit ever - he refuses to run for anything and thinks he is the best player at the club, cant wait for him to fuck off. Billy worked hard with little service.

They had what looked like a dead cert penalty appeal turned down but deserved to go dwon to 10 men. Fucking Disgusting challenge. The Welsh cunt should be shot. Luckily Douglas was ok.

All in all, we were lucky and it was fucking freezing

But at least we are in the draw - guarentee we will get a shit draw away to Lincoln or something
Jade

« Reply #274 on: Saturday, November 28, 2009, 22:09:39 »

Peacock was awesome today.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Saturday, November 28, 2009, 22:34:39 »

I thought I'd explained that. Are we going to adopt the negative attitude that ''we've got to the 3rd round so let's go out with a bang and make a few quid'' or shall we be positive and endure the cup run that Fitton craves. We would never clear a few hundred K anyway, even at Manure. Give me a home tie against Barrow, Staines, Lincoln, York etc then come Jan 23rd we stand more probability of landing a top club, our revenue will be greater since attendances improve as the competition progresses, add to that the acquisition of a new striker and/or other players.

So we either go out in the 3rd round just as the transfer window opens or we go out in the 4th round just before the transfer window shuts.

A game away at Manchester United would bring in the same income regardless if its 3rd or 4th round.
Hammer

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 02:54:09 »

So we either go out in the 3rd round just as the transfer window opens or we go out in the 4th round just before the transfer window shuts.

A game away at Manchester United would bring in the same income regardless if its 3rd or 4th round.

Not quite Dave. It means we go out before the deadline and whilst we are still under the obligation to play Hutch.
Spencer_White

« Reply #277 on: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 09:18:05 »

Hutchinson is absolutely useless. Please send him back early and have done with it. Peacock was better when he came on and linked up a bit with Paynter (despite being pretty immobile). At one point a ball was played forward to Hutchinson, that he should have challenged for, he wasnt within 10 yards of it and was given offside. Just shocking.

They played the better football, but any team who defends a corner that badly cant be good enough for the 3rd round.

All in all Im still pleased with it because 1) were in the 3rd round draw. 2) Douglas doesnt have a broken leg (hes made of steel) 3) I think thats the last time Il see Hutchinson play for Swindon. 4) Ive seen us win at Wrexham for the first time in 5 attempts.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 09:42:32 »

From the ITV Highlights apart from our goal, the only chance we had was a cross in from JPM which their keeper took quite comfortably. Wrexham will feel hard done by but who cares, we are in the hat.

FWIW, I have a feeling we'll draw Wolves again today.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 10:27:39 »

I have a horrible feeling we will draw Bolton away.
dell boy

« Reply #280 on: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 10:29:30 »

Home draw, dont care who against.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 11:23:18 »

Just seen the highlights. We looked rubbish, like the morecombe game a few years back

Things get better but they never get good
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 11:39:34 »

we did look rubbish but its about time we were the team doing the mugging rather than the team being mugged.

our set pieces have been bloody good this season best they have been in a long long time.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 12:46:26 »

after seeing the highlights we were lucky to have gone through.

If we play like that in the 3rd round against a decent prem tem we'll lose by 6

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Sunday, November 29, 2009, 12:54:16 »

We lost on pens to Wolves and Norwich....we were unlucky to lose both.
Also never really go to much on highlights...they always sway towards the underdog.
We wont play like that against a prem team..ime just happy that Douglas came through intact...Smith should get a 3 month ban for that tackle.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: