Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wycombe wanderers V Swindon Town official matchday thread  (Read 40370 times)
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #435 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 19:00:40 »

We filled our end in the 93 play offs, didnt we?  Where have all those people gone?

Reading.

Ignore
« Reply #436 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 19:03:11 »

i just hope we get to find out how many will go
Lumps

« Reply #437 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 19:59:33 »

We filled our end in the 93 play offs, didnt we?  Where have all those people gone?

Same place they came from. Our average attendence in the 92/93 season wasn't a huge fucking amount bigger than the it is now, certainly it didn't reach 5 figures. We took 40k plus to Wembley at the end of that season because people that barely ever went to the CG bought tickets for it. My sister went FFS. I don't think she'd been to a game before or has been since.

We haven't had decent home crowds in decades to be honest. Even in the Premiership season some of the attendences were shit. Oldham at home I think we didn't even get 9,000.
ReadingRed

Pragmatist clapper

Ignore
« Reply #438 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 21:04:14 »

Even in the Premiership season some of the attendences were shit. Oldham at home I think we didn't even get 9,000.
11,940 actually, the lowest of the season.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #439 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 21:23:07 »

But don't forget we were under declaring gates for years in the Macari / Ardiles years. Chance would be a fine thnig nowadays.
Talk Talk

« Reply #440 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 21:37:56 »

I think we are one dimensional at the moment.

Danny needs another one or two match strategies. The other teams we have faced over the last couple of months have watched us before hand and know how we play and adapt accordingly.

I don't know much about football management or player directions and how they cope and adapt (obviously) and if it is even possible.

However, I really think we have been sussed.

Ignore
« Reply #441 on: Sunday, April 25, 2010, 22:04:51 »

yep, either sussed, or not at it 100%
something aint right, as we can't even beat shite that will be relegated
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #442 on: Monday, April 26, 2010, 07:48:30 »

Agree your comments and I don't mind Leeds going up now given their position as I don't want their wingeing 'Leeds are a massive club' supporters in our league any more with the condescending attitude to us 'tin pot clubs'. Let them go to the Championship where they can start to 'live the dream' again and soon have those aspirations shattered as I can't see them being anything more than mediocre. Bates won't chuck much more cash at them and after 3 years in League 1 their squad isn't going to be that competitive.

Without Leeds the playoffs won't have any of the bullshit and one track mind media coverage. Will make the play offs an honest competition between 4 reasonably well matched sides and hopefully we are the best team to come through that.

We'll have Sheffield Wednesday to do that next season if we don't go up anyhoo!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
flammableBen

« Reply #443 on: Monday, April 26, 2010, 09:30:35 »

We'll have Sheffield Wednesday to do that next season if we don't go up anyhoo!

I think Wednesday might stay up. As long as Palace don't beat West Brom this evening then it's in their hands in the big Wednesday vs Palace last game of the season.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #444 on: Monday, April 26, 2010, 10:04:01 »

I think Wednesday might stay up. As long as Palace don't beat West Brom this evening then it's in their hands in the big Wednesday vs Palace last game of the season.

I think Palace will win tonight. However I would like there to be a final game shoot out, would be entertaining.

Has anyone seen League 2? Anyone down to 11th can still get into the play-offs!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
One F In Fitton

« Reply #445 on: Monday, April 26, 2010, 14:59:38 »

We have always sold our tickets...for every Town fan that regularly goes 2,3 or 4 of the family who dont usually bother goes too...

Agreed. In 90 and 93 tens of thousands of extra "fans" came from nowhere. We kept asking for, and getting, more tickets, which got snapped up straight away.

I'm confident that this phenomenon would happen again, especially with it being a 'new' ground (I've been to a few England games since the re-build and it's fkin impressive). Like someone else said, just hope we get the chance to find out. What's vital is how many would hopefully get bitten by the bug - THAT'S what really matters.
« Last Edit: Monday, April 26, 2010, 19:02:58 by One F In Fitton » Logged
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #446 on: Monday, April 26, 2010, 17:07:46 »

I have my old man in Wales, other long time supporting family members dotted all over the place, who have other commitments and things that take up their time and money, who would come out for a final, and i reckon that's the same for a lot of people, if we get there and got 35000 tickets, that's what we'd sell.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #447 on: Monday, April 26, 2010, 17:24:34 »

We've lost a huge ammount of our fanbase from all points of the compass from Swindon.
I've known fans in the past from Newbury - they used to run a coach to every away game
and had quite a crew.Warminster,Stroud,Cheltenham and from the Fairford/Lechlade areas.

I know a guy who coaches at Fairford Town and he's told me in the past, that a large ammount
of the youth players there, have never ever been to the County Ground.

A trip to Wembley would bring national publicity and reignite interest in STFC from past fans
and their children.It may be a one off,but it would be a great start.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
dogs

Ignore
« Reply #448 on: Monday, April 26, 2010, 18:10:27 »

If we were to get to Wembley and win (massive IF!) I think the board should look to put season tickets back to £259 for one week only, immediately after the final.
« Last Edit: Monday, April 26, 2010, 18:12:06 by dogs » Logged
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #449 on: Monday, April 26, 2010, 18:40:58 »

If we were to get to Wembley and win (massive IF!) I think the board should look to put season tickets back to £259 for one week only, immediately after the final.

Why reward those that wont get behind the club no matter what division were in with cheap prices?
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] 31 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: