Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wycombe wanderers V Swindon Town official matchday thread  (Read 40358 times)
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 19:22:25 »

To be honest I think Ward, Ferry, Douglas and Austin could do with a rest at Millwall assuming as likely there is nothing in it for us. They are absolutely superb but have looked tired the last few games.

Ward might be out for two games anyway, Danny put that as worse case in his interview.  Is it mental or physical tiredness that is hurting this team or a bit of both?  In any event, Easton in for Ferry would be okay, but having Ferry and Douglas out at the same time might be difficult.  I think we need to put out a team that rests players next Saturday. We can't do that against Millwall for the last game of the regular season if they are still in the hunt.  I would start Nouble, Easton (for Ferry), Manky and Marshall (if fit) for Brentford.  If Millwall are out of it, I would start Nouble, Pericard (if fit) and Easton (for Douglas).  Putting JFL at center back for Cutthroat is something else I would do for Brentford.   
« Last Edit: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 19:36:29 by Crozzer » Logged

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 19:22:39 »

i dunno if resting players is a good idea or not.but for whatever reasons we have picked up 3 points from the last 12 available.that is a worry
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 19:25:41 »

Smith

Big Kev
Morrison
LJF
Kennedy

Macklin
Easton
Timlin
Marshall

Nouble
Pericard

we do, just about have enough players to rest everyone. You'd be a bit gutted if you put that team out - then heard Leeds and Millwall were both losing.

I'd certainly change it though, not to the extend I posted above but I would change it. Infact I would have changed it around today.

Plus, the reserve players might put in a 'pick me performance' and hopefully cause Wilson some headaches and/or give someone a kick up the ass and/or give us another option.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 19:28:24 »

Smith

Big Kev
Morrison
LJF
Kennedy

Macklin
Easton
Timlin
Marshall

Nouble
Pericard

we do, just about have enough players to rest everyone. You'd be a bit gutted if you put that team out - then heard Leeds and Millwall were both losing.

I'd certainly change it though, not to the extend I posted above but I would change it. Infact I would have changed it around today.

Plus, the reserve players might put in a 'pick me performance' and hopefully cause Wilson some headaches and/or give someone a kick up the ass and/or give us another option.

I think Easton and Marshall probably did enough today to warrant starts anyway

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 19:30:49 »

True, but Wilson is very rigid with his starting XI. In the past both Smith and LJF have come in, done fantastic jobs as cover but gone straight back out again when others became available.

Same with Marshall after Brighton and Southampton.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #380 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 19:36:00 »

Just got back likewise, I was sat in the Wycombe end (thanks Dave) so hopefully I can provide a slightly different perspective on the match today.

Firstly, the referee. Attwell was indeed a terrible ref, some stupid yellow cards but equally we could easily have finished with 8 men today- Ward should have walked in the first minute and somehow didn't even get booked, Paynter clearly headbutted someone and Sheehan's tackle could have easily been given a red as well. Call it passion or call it stupidity, we are very lucky to have come away from this game without suspensions.

Secondly, I thought Wycombe were pretty good, especially once we'd stepped up. Gareth Ainsworth is clearly a class above and much too good to be relegated, and I think Revell showed that he'd have been a decent squad player here if not a starter.

All in all, I agree with what a few people have said about us looking tired- but so did they- when Marshall and Easton came on they both looked sharp and a few Wycombe guys around me noted that the "little black guy" was tearing them apart. Three or four changes for the next game would seem prudent both in terms of the playoffs and to give us the best chance of actually winning the game itself.

The penalty was a bit soft, but probably fair, JPM didn't need to make the tackle, and was well saved by Lucas- we just didn't react quickly enough to the save, almost like we weren't expecting it to be saved. As for whether it was over the line or not, I thought it was but with Massey and Attwell who knows?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 19:39:44 »

oh, get mr. wycombe fan there!!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #382 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 19:43:23 »

Is it mental or physical tiredness that is hurting this team or a bit of both? 

Both, which is why I'd take the three Youngster and Douggie out of the Milwall game. Surely we couldn't get done for resting 4 players.

Would pick our best 11 for Brentford, just in case the truly remarkable happens and Millwall and Leeds both drop points.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 19:49:13 »

Haha

First half we were gash. Wycombe probably deserved to go in front.

Second half we looked a lot better, very open game with both teams going for the win. Oh well, such is life.

Attwell is a cunt

I'd start easton and amankwaah next game. Ferry's good but we looked to jaded and samey first half. I'm sure i have nowt else to ad to the subject, but wycombe is a dive to get out of and road closures can suck my balls

Things get better but they never get good
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 19:52:51 »

Both, which is why I'd take the three Youngster and Douggie out of the Milwall game. Surely we couldn't get done for resting 4 players.

Would pick our best 11 for Brentford, just in case the truly remarkable happens and Millwall and Leeds both drop points.

Defining the best 11 is up to debate.  I think that Marshal (if fit, assuming Ward isn''t), Easton and Manky should start.  Playing Charlie off the bench if needed might be a good idea and starting Pericard (if fit) or Nouble necessary to get some playing time before the play-offs looks necessary.  It could turn out that we have to play Huddersfield.  
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 20:18:49 »

Defining the best 11 is up to debate.  

Yes it is. What I mean is I wouldn't rest anyone for the sake of rest against Brentford, I'd wait until Millwall. Wilson may make tactical changes v Brentford anyway, which is fair enough.
Lumps

« Reply #386 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 20:27:07 »

If we're well and truely out of the running for 2nd I'd play a reserve team against Millwall.

I just want to hear those Lids bastards whining about us robbing them of promotion.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 20:54:41 »

i sat in the side stand in the second half. Billy was off side for the first goal. I was directly in line. The lino started to raise his flag and stopped. Charlie was not off side and nor was marshall.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #388 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 20:58:43 »

I don't see how we've got anything to lose by making some changes for Brentford. There is little to no chance of us making 2nd and more important is getting out of the current slump, giving some players a rest, giving some players a chance and trying some different tactics / formations. We have one style of play, one formation and one set of tactics so why not give it a try and see what happens?

There's a strong argument that LJF and Marshall shouldn't have been dropped in the first place, so give them a game. I'd also start Nouble, sure he has been pretty shit so far but he's shown occasional flashes and he has pace. So why not start him and see what we can achieve with that pace.

There again, I'm not sure I'm the tactical god I thought I was. I just put Football Manager on my iPhone and I'm doing shit.
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Saturday, April 24, 2010, 21:20:58 »

This is the dude from the reading v watford game a while back when he gave a goal and it didnt even go in isnt it?

I thought he was the one from the Bristol City vs Crystal Palace game, where the ball hit the back of the net and came out, yet he didn't give the goal
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: