Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Oxford - past and present  (Read 31770 times)
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Friday, July 15, 2011, 14:25:35 »

Yep, dire financial situation, spending six figure sums on strikers. I think you'll find that Ridsdale's at Plymouth, not Swindon.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Friday, July 15, 2011, 14:47:49 »

PROTEST BEHIND THE ARKELLS!!!

The wool has finally been pulled from my eyes!

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Friday, July 15, 2011, 14:56:07 »

They seem a confident bunch based on this thread and a lot think we are going to have a terrible season.

http://yellowsforum.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=3280&page=1

Interesting prediction from don't wannagohome who has us finishing both 6th and 10th!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Friday, July 15, 2011, 14:58:15 »

That Ricky Otto chap appears to have a rather large chip on his shoulder.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Friday, July 15, 2011, 15:01:20 »

...and complaining that we think we're so superior.

Well, er...yes.  (Sorry, but how else are we meant to respond to that?!)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Friday, July 15, 2011, 15:10:24 »

The way we're being run is a shambles... It's a circus down here at the moment!!!

Do that lot just make shit up for effect?

jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Friday, July 15, 2011, 15:15:20 »

they do appear to 'create' less than intelligent Swindon fans in order to fuel the debate, hatred, tension etc...bunch of fecking retrards.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Friday, July 15, 2011, 15:25:15 »

To be fair, someone did say that that forum is the Oxford equivalent of the Adver site (thisis...).  There is another site somewhere with less knuckle-dragging involved, but the post count is a lot lower.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Friday, July 15, 2011, 16:03:24 »

They seem a confident bunch based on this thread and a lot think we are going to have a terrible season.

They're not alone. quite a few other fans don't fancy our chances.

Not sure what that's based on, but does seem odd. I guess we were bottom and utter dross last year, and many fans won't know the extent of our rebuild in the summer.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Friday, July 15, 2011, 16:10:37 »

For what it's worth, I haven't got the first idea how we'll do next year either.  You only have to remember the consensus on here this time last year which (apart from Reg) appeared to be that we would be there or thereabouts and hopefully worth a play off place again.  We couldn't have been more wrong.  Trying to guess how we might do when there are even more unknowns out there is a mug's game.

All I would say is that over time, I expect that our set up, relatively strong fanbase (for the division) and financial stability will tell.  A bounce back season like we had in 2006/07 would be good, but we'll not know whether that's feasible or not until October.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Friday, July 15, 2011, 16:21:43 »

I agree with all that Mr Ardiles - even more so given the nature of our squad this season and the fact our manager has never managed... my bemusement was based more on the fact that teams coming down are usually considered among the teams you might fancy to have a good season.

But a lot of fans of other clubs appear to have completely written us off, which I just thought was a bit odd.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Friday, July 15, 2011, 16:26:36 »

Agree with that too.  Time will tell...
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Friday, July 15, 2011, 16:29:34 »

Here's hoping they don't know something we're unaware of!!

Personally, I think we'll have a decent season, but I think it will be tough. There are up to eight teams capable of finishing top three on the basis of current squads.

Gonna be tricky.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Friday, July 15, 2011, 16:37:48 »

I think our aim should be the play offs. It's gonna be hard, no doubt about it. This looks to be one of the more competetive league two seasons in a while.

Spencer_White

« Reply #119 on: Friday, July 15, 2011, 17:01:21 »

I think our aim should be the play offs. It's gonna be hard, no doubt about it. This looks to be one of the more competetive league two seasons in a while.

Whats the point in aiming for second best?

That Plymouth post cracked me up, so true. The Pox dont really know their place in the Football League anymore, going to take them a while to find some perspective.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: