Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Oxford - past and present  (Read 31766 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Thursday, July 14, 2011, 20:52:11 »

With respect, for every 4000+ away following clubs like Swindon and Oxford take away you always get far more mediocre showings.... We don't brag about them ones though do we.

822 was the full attendance for Weymouth vs. Oxford on Tuesday night in 2008 (two clubs not a million miles apart), it shows that if the circumstances are not quite right, people just don't bother. That doesn't scream of an admirable fanbase to me.

For the record, I'm not bothered about the whipping out of dicks and seeing who his bigger and better on the terraces etc. I follow the football club and Town have an incredibly good statistical record on Oxford and that's all that matters to me whether 10,000 people are at the game or 4000.

Oxford were good in the 80's. Congratualtions. We are both long-standing members of the 'We are shit and struggle to admit it' club Smiley
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #61 on: Thursday, July 14, 2011, 21:03:27 »

Oxford were good in the 80's. Congratualtions. We are both long-standing members of the 'We are shit and struggle to admit it' club Smiley
I admit we're shit - but less shit than that lot
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Thursday, July 14, 2011, 21:03:51 »

Another deluded inbred Roll Eyes

All this banter with our A420 shitheads is very stimulating.
There are many intelligent postings on here about the rivalry.
I think that I would like to lower the tone by mentioning what Northstand 12 referred to a little while back about Oxford being in the Cuckoo Lane.
Regardless of your views on life and football it was a very funny event. I don't think Swindon get it. I think we are more intense about this than them. It's not even a hooligan thing. Even normally law abiding Oxford fans become a bit mental for this one. Inevitably some will cross the line. Swindon fans are right, we are obsessed about this. It's tribal and both Swindon and the media are in for a shock. Everyone will come out for this one. This means more to us than them and their lack of passion is embarrassing for them. Bless them, they do try but they know they can’t compete and so they try and look smart. They can come out with their putdowns but at the end of the day they know our fans have more bollocks, this is what football is about and we have bossed Swindon since we first played them. Never forget we took the Town End. They must live with that.
But going back to the Cuckoo Lane story. Right in the middle of their support, right in the middle of all their songs and hatred for Oxford they shit their pants when Oxford made their presence felt. I don't care about whether this is pc or not, it happened, it was funny and it showed that Swindon will never match our intensity and passion. End of.

Knight

We'll never match your inferiority either. bwahahaha.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Thursday, July 14, 2011, 21:04:58 »

I admit we're shit - but less shit than that lot

Agreed... Levels of shitness is a completely different subject.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: Thursday, July 14, 2011, 21:07:24 »

I love how people are so set on the notion that football hooliganism is the be all and end all of fandom.

The 80's ended, you lost. Deal with it.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Thursday, July 14, 2011, 21:10:35 »

We'll never match your inferiority either. bwahahaha.

"Even normally law abiding Oxford fans go mental for this one"

Is incest not illegal in Chipping Norton anymore then?
Retep

« Reply #66 on: Thursday, July 14, 2011, 21:12:22 »

I know it doesn't seem believeable, but that's 4,000 at a Conference AWAY match. We took 4,000 to Weymouth, had over 50% of the support.

Your average home support in the conference was 4,000, 3,000 less than you got last season. 4,000 isn't bad for a conference team I must admit, but don't go saying "we have good support even when we are playing crap" when you have a 2,000 to 3,000 attendance difference in two seasons.

As Costanza says, it doesn't really matter about the attendances, Swindon are a bigger and better club and that's all that really matters in the end.

Another deluded inbred Roll Eyes

All this banter with our A420 shitheads is very stimulating.
There are many intelligent postings on here about the rivalry.
I think that I would like to lower the tone by mentioning what Northstand 12 referred to a little while back about Oxford being in the Cuckoo Lane.
Regardless of your views on life and football it was a very funny event. I don't think Swindon get it. I think we are more intense about this than them. It's not even a hooligan thing. Even normally law abiding Oxford fans become a bit mental for this one. Inevitably some will cross the line. Swindon fans are right, we are obsessed about this. It's tribal and both Swindon and the media are in for a shock. Everyone will come out for this one. This means more to us than them and their lack of passion is embarrassing for them. Bless them, they do try but they know they can’t compete and so they try and look smart. They can come out with their putdowns but at the end of the day they know our fans have more bollocks, this is what football is about and we have bossed Swindon since we first played them. Never forget we took the Town End. They must live with that.
But going back to the Cuckoo Lane story. Right in the middle of their support, right in the middle of all their songs and hatred for Oxford they shit their pants when Oxford made their presence felt. I don't care about whether this is pc or not, it happened, it was funny and it showed that Swindon will never match our intensity and passion. End of.

Cunt

(Insert silly face rolling on the floor laughing here)
It's a football match not a bloody war.
Bumpkin

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Thursday, July 14, 2011, 21:14:20 »

I hate most other clubs in the FL.  Could give you a reason why for most of them.

The most embarrassing thing about when we were in the Premiership is that our fans sang "We hate Oxfud".

Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Thursday, July 14, 2011, 21:15:19 »

I hate most other clubs in the FL.  Could give you a reason why for most of them.

The most embarrassing thing about when we were in the Premiership is that our fans sang "We hate Oxfud".

Torquay?
Retep

« Reply #69 on: Thursday, July 14, 2011, 21:17:58 »

"Even normally law abiding Oxford fans go mental for this one"

Is incest not illegal in Chipping Norton anymore then?

Oh, back to the 'inbred' insults again then are we? How original. Those years in the conference really have made your fans a bunch of rough twats, or maybe you were before? Probably the latter. Oxford will always be in Swindon's shadow and try fact you are referring back to childish insults, attendances and thinking the rivalry as a battle not a football match just shows how much you lot can't face the facts.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: Thursday, July 14, 2011, 21:18:35 »

Torquay?

Some Manc Torquay 'fans' started on me after a match at Plainmoor a few years back. I hate them as a result of that.
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Thursday, July 14, 2011, 21:20:18 »

Oh, back to the 'inbred' insults again then are we? How original. Those years in the conference really have made your fans a bunch of rough twats, or maybe you were before? Probably the latter. Oxford will always be in Swindon's shadow and try fact you are referring back to childish insults, attendances and thinking the rivalry as a battle not a football match just shows how much you lot can't face the facts.

You aint got me down as one of them have you?  Suicide
Couldnt agree more with you
Shaw Rosso

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Thursday, July 14, 2011, 21:22:10 »

Some Manc Torquay 'fans' started on me after a match at Plainmoor a few years back. I hate them as a result of that.

Fair, Barnet?
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Thursday, July 14, 2011, 21:23:41 »

I know it doesn't seem believeable, but that's 4,000 at a Conference AWAY match. We took 4,000 to Weymouth, had over 50% of the support.

heady days, eh - hope they return soon for you
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: Thursday, July 14, 2011, 21:23:59 »

Fair, Barnet?

It's hair, not a fucking football club.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: