Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Oxford - past and present  (Read 31290 times)
Doore

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2011, 17:16:54 »

I don't give a toss about all the outside the pitch nonsense, and anyone who does is embarrassing.

Very well said.  The only thing sadder than hooliganism is wannabe-hooliganism.
Spencer_White

« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2011, 17:26:14 »

I rekon the Pox fans incessant internet wanking over possible trouble could yet result in ticket restrictions for them at the game. TVP and Wilts will be reviewing what is said on the internet, even normal fans forums.
Gnasher

Prefers animals to people (in a non sexual way)

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2011, 17:27:32 »

I've been to every Town v Pox game since 1999 and haven't witnessed any real trouble. When I wore my town shirt, the worst thing that happened was I got spat at. A few rocks used to fly into the away end at the manor but nothing worse than that. I don't think there was any trouble at the FA cup game.

I'm sure if you went looking for trouble you would have found it, but I just enjoyed spanking them ON the pitch rather than off it.

Cats are better than dogs FACT
Tedred

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2011, 17:38:42 »

On the pitch: Swindon, although considering our history we aint won much more than pox.
Off the pitch: Not sure now. When I was younger they were more aggressive and I always felt on my guard. I remember the smoke bomb match. On that night Swindon had some real nutters out but if I'm honest pox were even more mental. We have in my view held our own against them at home, at their place we have never really come close. Those who don't rate their lads are in for a surprise. Did they take the Town End, twice before 1976, but they never tried after that, and they would have been killed had they had a go. Nowadys our firms are quite close, but I'd give them the edge. But on the day, you never know.
Rivals: I hate pox. After them it's Bristol Shitty.
This season: got a feeling they are on the up after being crap for so long. However, they hardly win against us and I think their fans put too much pressure on them.
Young ones: too many people have forgotten about that scum lot down the A420. Arrogant low life, more white trash than our worse areas...trust me, I hate them with a passion.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2011, 17:43:28 »

[url width=456 height=496]http://thxforthe.info/lamm/300/FOR_SPARTA.jpg[/url]
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2011, 17:49:06 »

I think my first Pox game was at home in the mid 90's. We won 4-1 I think, quickly followed by us beating Bristol City at home. Been to the Manor when Turbo scored a brace and the FA Cup game.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Doore

« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2011, 17:50:44 »

One of my worst experiences at football was the 95/96 game at the Manor.  I've tried to banish the memory but it keeps coming back.
Dave

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2011, 17:55:57 »

On the pitch: Swindon, although considering our history we aint won much more than pox.
Off the pitch: Not sure now. When I was younger they were more aggressive and I always felt on my guard. I remember the smoke bomb match. On that night Swindon had some real nutters out but if I'm honest pox were even more mental. We have in my view held our own against them at home, at their place we have never really come close. Those who don't rate their lads are in for a surprise. Did they take the Town End, twice before 1976, but they never tried after that, and they would have been killed had they had a go. Nowadys our firms are quite close, but I'd give them the edge. But on the day, you never know.
Rivals: I hate pox. After them it's Bristol Shitty.
This season: got a feeling they are on the up after being crap for so long. However, they hardly win against us and I think their fans put too much pressure on them.
Young ones: too many people have forgotten about that scum lot down the A420. Arrogant low life, more white trash than our worse areas...trust me, I hate them with a passion.

There's a man who knows.  Yes
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2011, 17:57:39 »

I've never seen us play oxford, i'm looking forward to it Cool I don't give a toss about all the outside the pitch nonsense, and anyone who does is embarrassing.

This again. I really can't do justice to how much the violent morons on both sides are welcome to eachother, I just wish they could be armed, moved into a field out of town and disassociated from our club.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2011, 18:02:42 »

I've been to a fair few Swindon v pox games, both home and away, over the years and apart from getting a few choice items lobbed over the wall on the way to the cuckoo lane end, I've never seen any real trouble. Lots of posturing and chanting sure, but no real violence.

Perhaps I've just been lucky, or perhaps those that want it look for it? Either way, hopefully the guys that get off on going around mob handed looking for a fight can all meet up somewhere well away from the ground and batter the fuck out of each other.

The rest of us can concentrate on the football.

It's All Good..............
adje

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2011, 18:56:22 »

Only trouble I've been involved with was when a few Oxford fans piled into the queue at the Town End turnstiles-midweek game we drew 1-1,late 90's I think.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2011, 18:58:24 »

Only trouble I've been involved with was when a few Oxford fans piled into the queue at the Town End turnstiles-midweek game we drew 1-1,late 90's I think.

I remember that game (I think). Allison scored a late equaliser.

Oh, and this says all that needs to be said regarding on the pitch success:

Code:
COMPETITION P W D L Pens Pens F A SR%
For Against
All competitions 53 23 20 10 1 0 80 55 62.7%
League (inc. playoffs) 48 21 19 8 0 0 71 48 63.5%
FA Cup 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0.0%
League Cup 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0.0%
All other competitions 3 2 1 0 1 0 9 5 91.7%
« Last Edit: Wednesday, July 6, 2011, 19:02:47 by Batch » Logged
adje

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2011, 18:59:38 »

Yeah-that one.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2011, 19:07:25 »

Yeah-that one.

Weird, I could have sworn Allison scored a late equaliser, but according to this he scored first. Stupid memory failing.

http://swindon-town-fc.co.uk/MatchCentre.asp?MatchID=19960104
betty_swollox

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, July 6, 2011, 19:46:35 »

I've been to every Town v Pox game since 1999 and haven't witnessed any real trouble.

How many Town vs Oxford games has there been since 1999?
I'm still bitter about the way we lost to them in the FA cup in 2002, especially after the players we had at the time showed a huge lack of passion for the fixture and as it was BBC 1 I told all my Uni mates to watch it.

I remember that 1-1 game with The Chief scoring for us. I remember seeing my mates big brother the day after with a massive black eye he recieved by getting a kicking under the Gorse Hill bridges by a load of Oxford. He was like a bit of a hero to us growing up. After I saw that I remember thinking that this rivalry wasn't really about football.

I also remember Kevin Horlock scoring the winner in a 1-0 win which I thought was in the 95/96 promotion season? Also remember Mark Seagraves kicking lumps out of Joey Beauchamp for most of that game as well.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: