Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wimbledon  (Read 49505 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 16:56:53 »

I genuinely don't think they will ask you as a family for proof of address....

Its the young groups of lads they'll be targeting i'd imagine.

We're from Dale Farm loike..........so fuck off (Not you Luci Mate)  ha ha.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 17:38:58 »

Thinking of 'The Albert' in Norbiton for pre match beerage - looks quite decent http://www.thealbertkingston.co.uk/

For obvious reasons I won't be frequenting the Robert Peel.....  Cheesy

Looks decent. Might head there pre-match.
Spencer_White

« Reply #167 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 18:34:33 »

Is the John Smiths terrace split in two then? My tickets are in the John Smiths but I got them from the CG so must be in the away section.

On a different note, I'm taking my daughter to her first away league match so being a terrace I guess I'll need to get there early to grab a spot at the front. My concern is that recent reports on here from away games suggest we have a slightly 'unsavoury' element who like to get in fights with stewards etc.
My question to the more experienced traveller out there is will it be obvious who I need to avoid??

How old is your daughter? Id stand at the back. If Swindon score and the players score and come over towards you then you'll get crushed at the front. Fighting with stewards only tends to happen in all seater grounds when they try and enforce seating.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 19:50:08 »

Looks decent. Might head there pre-match.

See now look what you've done, there will be riff raff all over the gaff. ( note london prose if you're monitoring this AFC)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 20:50:16 »

Is there nothing near the ground? I'm being a cheapskate and getting the coach.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Wombletom

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 22:58:14 »

Duke from a legal POV, even though they may not show on the tickets, it's likely that AFC Wimbledon have there own terms & conditions which will be shown somewhere! And even though it's a contract, a contract can be made voidable pretty much by whatever means

My advice to you is to keep your head down and bring some duc tape for your children haha!

Although people may gave purchased a ticket for the game, it is actually an offence which can lead to refusal of entry to the ground for an away fan to knowingly purchase a ticket for a home section of the ground. In such instances AFC Wimbledon are under no obligation to refund any money, and ultimately could lead to arrest and football banning orders being imposed. 
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 23:09:46 »

Womble...any chance of a heads up on what pubs away fans normally congregate in?and what the Sir Robert Peel is like where a few of us plan on going!

Any help appreciated cheers!

#VivaKenBarlow!
Wombletom

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 23:32:30 »

Womble...any chance of a heads up on what pubs away fans normally congregate in?and what the Sir Robert Peel is like where a few of us plan on going!

Any help appreciated cheers!

Hi,
Both pubs that are local to the ground, Prince of Wales & Duke of Wellington are pretty unspectacular as pubs go. The Peel, as I'm sure you are aware of, has scantily clad ladies who's clothes magically fall off upon receipt of a pound coin deposited in a jug. Be warned, you do get some right horrors in there from time to time.
My best advice for a pre match beer would be to stop off in Wimbledon or Kingston town centres then get a bus (131), train to Norbiton or a taxi to the ground.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Often outnumbered, never outgunned.

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Thursday, November 17, 2011, 23:56:26 »

All those in home end, ignore numpties saying you need proof of being a fan. That would mean a neutral may be denied access into the ground. If in big groups just go two at a time, cannot see a problem with people getting in, just keep your head down. Also can Mods not keep this for registered members only?

Now, ain't that just like me?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #174 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 00:16:51 »

and ultimately could lead to arrest and football banning orders being imposed. 

Clarify please. Under what circumstances?

Not saying you're right or wrong but it just seems like some scaremongering is going on.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 00:32:35 »

I've actually done it before at a Wimbledon game, albeit supporting Southampton when Wimbledon were playing their home games at Palace. Was a bit of a joke as the home sections were pretty much all Southampton and there wasn't much of an attempt to hide it, nor did anyone give a fuck. Bit different though.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 00:37:45 »

In such instances AFC Wimbledon are under no obligation to refund any money, and ultimately could lead to arrest and football banning orders being imposed. 

Absolute jester 

ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 00:39:34 »

So say you're from Oxfordshire/Berkshire/Gloucestershire and say you're part of club 92 and visiting to keep up your membership. Surely you can't refuse someone entry to a ground because they 'have a bit of a funny accent' it just doesn't make sense.
Boy About Town
Pricko

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 00:41:19 »

So say you're from Oxfordshire/Berkshire/Gloucestershire and say you're part of club 92 and visiting to keep up your membership. Surely you can't refuse someone entry to a ground because they 'have a bit of a funny accent' it just doesn't make sense.

Will be the same as every home game on them turnstiles.

Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Friday, November 18, 2011, 09:00:59 »

Easy solution - everyone goes dressed as Great Uncle Bulgaria. Panic over.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14   Go Up
Print
Jump to: