Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 45740 times)
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #330 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 18:57:58 »

Played well, although if cheltenham had more guile going forward they should really have caused us more problems. Got the ball between our midfield and defence so many times second half, but never made it count.

Good game though, good win. Woohoo

Things get better but they never get good
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #331 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 19:02:00 »

Mark Yates interview, my favourite quote "Were the best team in the league by a country mile"  Cheesy Smug Fuck Off

To be fair, you truncated his quote.  He actually said 'On our day we're the best team in this league by a country mile.'  Problem is, it wasn't their day, was it?  It was ours.  Just as it was also our day recently when we played Southend, and Shrewsbury, and Crawley.

The table doesn't lie.  Mark Yates is a good manager, and he knows this.  There is one stand out team in this league this season, and it isn't Cheltenham Town.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #332 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 19:05:13 »

To be fair, you truncated his quote.  He actually said 'On our day we're the best team in this league by a country mile.'  Problem is, it wasn't their day, was it?  It was ours.  Just as it was also our day recently when we played Southend, and Shrewsbury, and Crawley.

The table doesn't lie.  Mark Yates is a good manager, and he knows this.  There is one stand out team in this league this season, and it isn't Cheltenham Town.

On our day we'd hammer their On our day

We've obviously had more On our days than they have
« Last Edit: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 19:07:07 by stfcinbmth » Logged
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #333 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 19:07:03 »

On their day, every team is the best in the league. Unfortunately for them, Saturdays and Tuesdays don't seem to be their days. We're just lucky that they're our days.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #334 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 19:08:09 »

Also thought we looked very tired today, cheltenham won a lot of the second balls. Games seem to have caught up with us a little, so it's good we've got the week off now

Things get better but they never get good
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #335 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 19:10:24 »

First team that has come to the CG that maybe should've had a share of the spoils. We shaded the 1st half but were pretty much under the cosh for most of the second, we really looked nervous!

Never a penalty, Duffy got a massive handful of Rissers shirt and back peddled as fast as he could. I've not read much of this thread but I'm sure some 'I used to referee in the Sunday Leagues' type poster has already disagreed with everyone else and said it was stone waller, but from my position I think the ref was totally conned.

For a patched up back line I think they did ok, but you could tell that Risser is a CM, he let the ball bounce in front of him far to often.

The only issue I had was the fact that Chelts were playing 3 in centre mid, one as an AMC, totally dominating possession in the 2nd half and we seem to do nothing to counteract it. When Benson started to drop deep we improved, but I would've taken Bodin off and replaced him with Cox to play with Smith as CM's, put Ferry to AMC and played Benson up top with Rooney and Ritchie as wingers.

But well chuffed with the win, fantastic stuff from the boys.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #336 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 19:14:24 »

I'd disagree with that, they nearly but not quite made chances. It was last ditch cleaning up from the back 5. Compare that with Bodin's 1 on 1 and the tip over from Rooney. Can't remember Fods having to make that kind of save.
----
Also not sure what Connell has done not to even be in the squad. Much as I like Bodin I'd still have him and Murray behind Connell.

Fair point Batch.  I suppose it seemed they were around the goalmouth a fair bit in the second half without really having any massive chances and of course a penalty save clouds things as well.

I've felt Connell has been unfairly treated for a while and assuming he wasn't injured, today cements that view further.   I personally would also also pick Connell ahead of Murray certainly and even Bodin.  He seems to read Benson's positioning much better and is more likely to score himself.  

I think most of us would rather see Connell picked above loan signings of similar or some may say less ability.  Although I appreciate he was only on the pitch for 40 mins, I saw nothing to suggest Tehoue offers anything additional to what we already have.  In fact he looked quite unfit, which if is the case, offers bugger all.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #337 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 19:17:00 »

Just remembered Bensons fine volley chance too (second half), another good save from their keeper.

Truth be told they looked a very good team but without the quality to finish off their good approach play.
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #338 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 19:21:32 »

Truth be told they looked a very good team but without the quality to finish off their good approach play.

Yes they had a lot of possession, which is going to happen normally if you're playing 5 across the midfield against 4...but they were relying on set pieces for their best chances.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #339 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 19:24:08 »

Their full backs had Ritchie and Rooney in their pockets. thier midfield fucked all over ours even more so when Smith went off. If their wingers / cunt wre more interested in paying football instead of being whinging, cheating cunts then the Nam would have won. Duffy being the biggest cunt I've seen at the CG this season., Tried to get one of ours sent off when he went down holding his head. The ref wins the award for giving the most fucking stupid imbecile penalty award. A blatant free kick to us became a penalty. Then after its saved Duffy goes in 2 footed and late and gets a yellow instead of a straifght red. He should have got another yellow for bitching at the ref / lino / the blade of grass / the advertising hoardings etc.
Kaid should have got a yellow for his dive in the penalty area.
McGalshan unbelievably tried to get Macca sent off and the another of ours later.
The ref should also be totally ashamed of the free kick her gave when Cibo did a cracking tackle on the edge of the box in the 2nd half. For all their possession Nam produced fuck all.
We deserved that win, if for no other reason than Duffy doesn't play for us.  
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #340 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 19:25:02 »

First team that has come to the CG that maybe should've had a share of the spoils. We shaded the 1st half but were pretty much under the cosh for most of the second, we really looked nervous!

Gills? Shrewsbury? Both could easily have taken points off us
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #341 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 19:28:05 »

i thought cheltnum were good. they pressed us hard, picked up the second ball all the time and their left back was class. If they had a decent striker we would have lost. The penalty seemed harsh but i would have shouted "pen" if it was against one of our players.
Any way who gives a toss as we won, were going up and Paolo is our king
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #342 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 19:30:40 »

Pah, I genuinely tried being nice and reflective on their forum but I mostly got more replies with more chips than a McCain factory.

But they did bring up one point. When Alan Mac messed up and pushed whoever it was that nearly robbed him - my view was that it was never a clear cut goalscoring opportunity. He wasn't clearly through on goal in any way shape or form. Unsurprisingly one or two suggested it should have been red - a thought that ever even entered my mind. Opinions?

Another couple of odd ref decisions I do find strange:
  1. When Wes took a whack he threw the ball out. I didn't hear the ref's whistle before yet he gave an (uncontested) drop ball?
  2. When Devera and Risser twatted each other they should have gone off, right? I thought the only reason you didn't is if the goalkeeper was involved.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #343 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 19:32:14 »

Pah, I genuinely tried being nice and reflective on their forum but I mostly got more replies with more chips than a McCain factory.

But they did bring up one point. When Alan Mac messed up and pushed whoever it was that nearly robbed him - my view was that it was never a clear cut goalscoring opportunity. He wasn't clearly through on goal in any way shape or form. Unsurprisingly one or two suggested it should have been red - a thought that ever even entered my mind. Opinions?

Another couple of odd ref decisions I do find strange:
  1. When Wes took a whack he threw the ball out. I didn't hear the ref's whistle before yet he gave an (uncontested) drop ball?
  2. When Devera and Risser twatted each other they should have gone off, right? I thought the only reason you didn't is if the goalkeeper was involved.
In terms of 1 then the dopy cunt was going away from goal when Macca pushed him. If he had carried on the only goakl he would have threatened was his own.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #344 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 19:33:24 »

In terms of 1 then the dopy cunt was going away from goal when Macca pushed him. If he had carried on the only goakl he would have threatened was his own.

Which was exactly my point, but it was claimed he was turning towards goal. At which point I wondered if my memory was playing tricks on me Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: