Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Cheltenham Vs Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 45140 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #375 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 21:16:14 »

The sour grapes from some of their fans just add to the satisfaction we take from the win.

And as for...

"we will see the begging bowl out when it goes tits up sooner or later just like Creepy"

Cool

...you have got to assume that the writer of that comment must be fairly new to football.  So we have spent more than most clubs in the division?  Of course we have.  A cursory look at the Table of Average Attendances for the division will tell you how this was possible.  And that is without even taking account of our having some of the highest ticket prices in the division.  Or that we have had two decent cup runs this season, and a Wembley final coming up.

Simply put, spending that is unsustainable for the likes of Crawley (average attendance: 3,173) or Cheltenham (average attendance: 3,378) might well be completely sustainable for Swindon Town (average attendance: 7,967). 

I like Cheltenham.  I like the way that, like Aldershot and a few other clubs I can think of, they have grafted their way in to the League and have maintained there place there through their own efforts.  The antithesis of the Franchise FC situation.  Their League place has been earned...and it's been earned with limited resources which makes the achievement all the more impressive.  But some of their fans are dicks, and no mistake.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #376 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 21:16:58 »

Just seen the highlights on SSN. Not a penalty but would have been shouting if the situation had been reversed.

So how was your lad's first game, then?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #377 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 21:19:08 »

Worst I've seen us play this season, Bar Fodds, Devera, Mac and Benson,  they were all off the pace, looked tired to me. Cheltenham were good  at the back, but woeful up front, The pitch also looked over watered to me, and a lot of our players seemed to keep getting the ball stuck under their feet. Decent result can't complain too much. Oh got a right shock when I noticed the Bulldog was gone, the floor looks tidier now though!
jonah

Ignore
« Reply #378 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 21:46:35 »

When was the last time STFC were first and second in the League?

j

Wiltshire boy born and bred - long in arm thick in 'ead.......
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #379 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 21:50:18 »

So how was your lad's first game, then?

Thanks for asking.

In my opinion he is too young but he has been asking to go so had the chance of a free ST for the day so I thought why not. To be fair to him he was great, got a bit fidgety at 4.30 but thats to be expected and the 2nd half wasn't great. Asked lots of questions about everything and anything - even "why do they draw on the pitch ?"

When we got home I caught him playing with his lego singing "we are Swindon, we are Swindon and Paolo is our king"

I've got a great pic of him and will frame it along with the ticket - just for that added incentive.

woolster

« Reply #380 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 21:54:05 »

When we got home I caught him playing with his lego singing "we are Swindon, we are Swindon and Paolo is our king"

priceless
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #381 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 21:58:30 »

Fuck 'em. The table doesn't lie.
When you see statements like this..."Swindon will not win the title, its between us and Shrewsbury."...I suspect they don't really get the hang of tables.
Azza

« Reply #382 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 22:07:39 »

We weren't anywhere near as good as we could be today.

This is probably not surprising, considering we've played Saturday-Tuesday for four straight weeks, were missing our captain and one of our best players, with another first teamer (Flint) also out injured, meaning we had a central midfielder at Right Back and another at Centre Back.

All that being the case, we just beat the team second in the league who think they're the best in this Division. Which frankly, is fucking brilliant.

Spot on Nemo.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #383 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 22:36:50 »

Aha case solved, new clause regarding players being removed from the field of play after treatment for injury

* PLAYERS FROM THE SAME TEAM HAVE COLLIDED & NEED IMMEDIATE ATTENTION
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #384 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 23:21:05 »

What I find quite astonishing about the whole 'Swindon are a lucky side' argument that seems to be coming from the Chelts fans is that do they honestly believe that we play like that week in, week out? Seriously?

We were not good today, tired and off the pace but c'mon, the table doesn't lie. The 3 nils home and away against Creepy? The 4-1 away at Southend? 2 defeats since Boxing day? I mean I could go on.

Its amazing to think that they feel justified in making any judgement about us and our qualities based on one 90 min performance.
Swindon Please Win

Ignore
« Reply #385 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 23:36:14 »

I'm bored, so decided the read the Cheltenham forum, They are the biggest bunch of moaning pricks i've ever seen.

That is all.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #386 on: Saturday, March 10, 2012, 23:49:17 »

I'm bored, so decided the read the Cheltenham forum, They are the biggest bunch of moaning pricks i've ever seen.

That is all.

I think most of them are lurking on here - 150 odd lurkers as I type this, is that a lot? Seems a lot, perhaps they're looking for insider info on when the unknown, mysterious owners are pulling out of lucky Swindon Town leaving us to go bust.
[email protected]

Want to change my name as this email doesn't exist

Ignore
« Reply #387 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 01:01:43 »

I think most of them are lurking on here - 150 odd lurkers as I type this, is that a lot? Seems a lot, perhaps they're looking for insider info on when the unknown, mysterious owners are pulling out of lucky Swindon Town leaving us to go bust.

Must be the £12m debt we've got!
china red

« Reply #388 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 05:15:46 »

Make your own luck
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #389 on: Sunday, March 11, 2012, 07:50:33 »

Ignore Malabus.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 ... 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: