Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Adam Birchall  (Read 45153 times)
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 18:15:47 »

Blimey leefer you can fill the void left by the News of the World! This is a tad sensationalised isn't it?

Not every club beats us and goes on about it for eternity.

They beat us 2-1 and other than being a Football League scalp, I doubt they go on and on about it. The Man Utd game eclipsed everything just as Histon beating Leeds did under Malpas.

As far as I know we didn't even bid for Tubbs and they paid money most clubs would have never risked... The punt paid off but it would when you mysteriously build a 'dream team'.

They're corrupt.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 18:16:34 »

Well how about dicking us 2-0 at our place to set up money spinning biggies v Derby and Man Utd.
Surely they had a nice chuckle at that....in the meantime reaping in big money because of those ties which allows them leeway...bookies make them hotter favourites than us,maybe another little chuckle....snatching Matt Tubbs for a pittance from our friends down the road for £70,000 and who is now worth three times that much ,in the process scoring against us.....maybe another chuckle then.

That enough for starters?

I don't really see how that means they are 'laughing' at us or what it's got to do with us signing or not signing Birchall. Are you pissed Leef?
the washbag

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 18:19:58 »

Adam Bircham factfile http://thewashbag.com/2011/07/10/factfile-adam-birchall/

Hopefully I'll have some Barnet and maybe Dover views on him tomorrow.

Barry Scott

« Reply #93 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 18:24:33 »

Edit: Fuck it, carry on.
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 18:28:42 by Barry Scott » Logged
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #94 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 18:32:19 »

Edit: Fuck it, carry on.

Wish I'd seen that before the edit.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 18:39:53 »

I don't really see how that means they are 'laughing' at us or what it's got to do with us signing or not signing Birchall. Are you pissed Leef?

Because the bookies know it...i know it...maybe you dont know it but for whatever reason they are in a position to push on with signings such as

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hope_Akpan

Now Shaun and friends when i say laughing i dont mean they are actually laughing,that would be silly.
The fact is for whatever reason at present they seem to be able to invest and buy players as well as attracting players like the above .......it pisses me off that i am saying it because i dont like there manager either.
We seem to have aquired a good motivator and i do hope the board will back him with the funds for some decent signings.
I am not pissed but from where i am sitting they have not done that yet...and the likes of Oxford and Crawley will be laughing whether we like it or not.....a bit like we have been doing while Oxford were plying there trade at non league level.
Anyone who knows me knows that is not what i want,but nothing this pre season has really gave me much optimism with view to playing staff......Commazi being the exception he looks a good signing.
As for Birchall my point was that teams like Crawley and Wimbledon are competing with us for non league players and getting them.
Some of you really should get the rose tainted specs off...just because people like myself are unhappy with things dosn't give you the right to be patronising with....Are You Pissed Leefer type comments.....it isn't big.

Barry Scott

« Reply #96 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 18:41:55 »

Wish I'd seen that before the edit.

You don't. It sounded angry and a bit ranty and I didn't want to delete it and be quoted so edited it. I just quoted leefer and mentioned how much better it is to be a Swindon fan than a Crawley fan (and how he should find the positives). I also said we could try to sign Tubbs if he's so good and that he's a proper misery guts at the moment. Cheesy

EDIT: leefer, I fail t see how you KNOW more than the rest of us. You know not what their budget is, or what our budget is. They've been creative with their finances and it will one day ened in tears. If signing Hope Akpan (who the fuck is he?) is your measure of a good team I'd like to know how you know he's so good.

As for competing with us and getting non-league players, I'd appreciate it if you could show us all the players we've lost out on to Wimbledon and Crawley please, because as far as my limited knowledge reaches, I'm not aware of a single player we've tried to sign that is now on their books.
« Last Edit: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 18:47:19 by Barry Scott » Logged
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #97 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 18:47:57 »

Leefer

you need to have a think mate.

Are you really getting wound up about another team signing Hope Akpan, whom google tells me, has played 2 (two) matches in his career?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 18:51:14 »

Because the bookies know it...i know it...maybe you dont know it but for whatever reason they are in a position to push on with signings such as

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hope_Akpan

Anyone who knows me knows that is not what i want,but nothing this pre season has really gave me much optimism with view to playing staff......Commazi being the exception he looks a good signing.
As for Birchall my point was that teams like Crawley and Wimbledon are competing with us for non league players and getting them.
Some of you really should get the rose tainted specs off...just because people like myself are unhappy with things dosn't give you the right to be patronising with....Are You Pissed Leefer type comments.....it isn't big.

Like who? When I asked if you were pissed it was a genuine question by the way. Not an attempt at being patronising. Cos you aint making no sense!
kaufman

« Reply #99 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 18:52:56 »

I think my mind is deceiving me once again, I swear i just saw on twitter through sky sports news that we had agreed a fee with rotherham for Le Fondre. for 3/4 million. It's disappeared now.
too much sun today me thinks or it was someone posting a rumour
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 18:56:13 »

I think my mind is deceiving me once again, I swear i just saw on twitter through sky sports news that we had agreed a fee with rotherham for Le Fondre. for 3/4 million. It's disappeared now.

They took it off because Crawley out-bid us and offered £1m Cool Fishing.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 18:59:05 »

You don't. It sounded angry and a bit ranty and I didn't want to delete it and be quoted so edited it. I just quoted leefer and mentioned how much better it is to be a Swindon fan than a Crawley fan (and how he should find the positives). I also said we could try to sign Tubbs if he's so good and that he's a proper misery guts at the moment. Cheesy

EDIT: leefer, I fail t see how you KNOW more than the rest of us. You know not what their budget is, or what our budget is. They've been creative with their finances and it will one day ened in tears. If signing Hope Akpan (who the fuck is he?) is your measure of a good team I'd like to know how you know he's so good.

As for competing with us and getting non-league players, I'd appreciate it if you could show us all the players we've lost out on to Wimbledon and Crawley please, because as far as my limited knowledge reaches, I'm not aware of a single player we've tried to sign that is now on their books.

Blimey Barry...my OPINIONS isn't a statement of me pretending to know more than you?...or others?

Seemed to have rattled your cage...so how do you know that they have been creative in there finances?...you dont it is your opinion not fact just as my statement was.

Read my posts before deciding to edit them....i didnt say that we have tried to sign players that they now have.
My point was that Crawley Town(rightly or wrongly) seem to be in a position of greater strength with regards to going up....the bookies think so and sadly untill i see some proven striker(s)signed i tend to agree.......and yes it pains me to say it.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #102 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 18:59:49 »

I'm sure it will all be fine, and I for one am looking forward to it  Beers
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 19:03:45 »

Now that would get me thinking a little differently Cheesy
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Sunday, July 10, 2011, 19:05:32 »

Blimey Barry...my OPINIONS isn't a statement of me pretending to know more than you?...or others?

Seemed to have rattled your cage...so how do you know that they have been creative in there finances?...you dont it is your opinion not fact just as my statement was.

Read my posts before deciding to edit them....i didnt say that we have tried to sign players that they now have.
My point was that Crawley Town(rightly or wrongly) seem to be in a position of greater strength with regards to going up....the bookies think so and sadly untill i see some proven striker(s)signed i tend to agree.......and yes it pains me to say it.

Hold on a minute. You stated that Crawley and Wimbledon were competing with us for players and getting them. That does not sound like an opinion, that sounds like you are stating a fact. So I ask again, who are these players we have lost out on?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 23   Go Up
Print
Jump to: