Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Aldershot Official Match Day Thread  (Read 26329 times)
stfcinbmth

« Reply #165 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 14:40:26 »

We have to hang onto everyone really.

Ferry, Caddis and Ritchie probably in that order.

I was chatting to one of our players who genuinely believes Ferry is good enough to play in the Championship, right now!

Agree DV, if our aim is to get promotion then there would be no logical reason to sell anyone just for a few bob

Suggest you can also add Flint to that list
stfcinbmth

« Reply #166 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 14:48:06 »

Oh and I've realised that yesterday's game was quite exciting compared to say, mowing the lawn  Roll Eyes
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 15:19:39 »

We need to sign Liam Ridehalgh in Jan too if possible. Best left back we've had in a while.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 15:24:19 »

Worst town player on the pitch yesterday (grumble grumble whinge whinge)

I personally don't think he's any better than kennedy, but i've only seen him yesterday and against bradford so am more than happy to admit i'm no expert on the lad.

Things get better but they never get good
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 15:26:37 »

Agree Ralphy, we do look strong in every position now. Used to worry in previous seasons whenever we had to use our subs but now we have a much stronger squad it's quite often like for like. It also keeps the competition for a starting place at a high level.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 15:27:53 »

I think Ridehalgh is better positionally and probably a bit stronger than Kennedy but doesn't quite have the same threatening delivery.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
DRS

« Reply #171 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 15:38:39 »

Yesterday highlighted to me just how important having decent pairings actually is.

Ridenhalgh was having his poorest game yesterday until devita went back on the left.When you add the pairings of Richie,caddis.Flint,McCormack and Ferry and Smith it's quite clear that we are very close to be able to name a regular starting 11
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 15:42:50 »

Suppose it's a good thing that we pick up on the fact that a player has had an off day. Last season we were more surprised when any of our players had a good game and stood out !
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 15:48:37 »

Suppose it's a good thing that we pick up on the fact that a player has had an off day. Last season we were more surprised when any of our players had a good game and stood out !

True. To be fair, the wind was a lot stronger out on the pitch than it seemed in the Arkells. The disappointing thing yesterday was that we clearly could outplay them with the ball on the floor, but seemed to spend patches of the game with it up in the air.

(Oh yeah, the boys couldn't finish their chips so I got some after all!)

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 15:50:03 »

Good on you Wiggy, it's what dads do best !
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 15:50:50 »

Posted by my friend on facebook:

http://theseventytwo.com/football-league/league-two/2011/11/24/paolo-di-canio-waits-for-the-spotlight-to-fade-at-swindon-town/

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 16:11:22 »

Just the 12 years!

I once got odd looks from some young fans infront of me when I stood up to cheer the Chief as he came on for Chesterfield against us - in the last game of the season a few years back now.

Very odd firstly that I got those looks and secondly that I was one of very few who stood up to give him the ovation he deserved when he came on.

He did tag onto the end of our lap of honour though. Chief, Chief, Chief!
Oh yes, I'd forgotten he'd come back for a while. Wasn't really the same Kerslake though was it?
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 17:05:31 »

I'm sure quite a few scouts have been mobilised with the aim of watching Ritchie, plenty of them will be going back with glowing reports on Ferry, Caddis and Flint... Its going to be tough keeping them here in January.

If a Championship club comes in with a bid for one of them I'm pretty sure they'd go. With agents promoting the chance to probably double their wages, it'll be too much for them to turn down. Any club loyalty goes out the window - the agents make damn sure of that.

Saying that, and it sounds obvious, players cannot go without a firm bid being made by a club - I think it was Matt Le Tiss who said in his biography that all the praise he got for showing loyalty by staying at Southampton for his whole career was pretty much unfounded, it was more that no other club ever made a proper bid for him...

Fingers crossed, that Jan comes and goes with little or no movement.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 17:15:22 »

Caddis must be one of the fittest footballers I've seen at Town, the miles he must clock up during 90 minutes is remarkable. Disagree about his end product as well, although I never saw Kerslake.

I also thought Gabilondo wasn't as poor yesterday as others have said - at times he looked quite threatening and put in a couple of excellent low crosses across the 6 yard box. However the team looked far more balanced when De Vita took his place on the left.

I think, more than DeVita offering a significant improvement over Gabilondo, the balance was better because deVita isn't as good in the middle as he is on the wing.  By bringing on a striker and pushing deVita out wide this gave us more in the middle and hence an overall improvement.

also agree that chances were created before the change - I've not trawled through the whole thread so don't know if its been discussed already but Jervis should really have had 2 or 3 goals in the first half.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 17:19:04 »

I'm sure quite a few scouts have been mobilised with the aim of watching Ritchie, plenty of them will be going back with glowing reports on Ferry, Caddis and Flint... Its going to be tough keeping them here in January.

If a Championship club comes in with a bid for one of them I'm pretty sure they'd go. With agents promoting the chance to probably double their wages, it'll be too much for them to turn down. Any club loyalty goes out the window - the agents make damn sure of that.

Saying that, and it sounds obvious, players cannot go without a firm bid being made by a club - I think it was Matt Le Tiss who said in his biography that all the praise he got for showing loyalty by staying at Southampton for his whole career was pretty much unfounded, it was more that no other club ever made a proper bid for him...

Fingers crossed, that Jan comes and goes with little or no movement.

Good points Arch though many players in the higher leagues have clauses in there contracts meaning they can talk or go regardless of the bids by any club....i believe we were silly enough to give Morrison a similar clause meaning he could leave for a certain fee to Reading.
Lets hope those days are gone for our players now.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: