Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Aldershot Official Match Day Thread  (Read 26098 times)
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #195 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 19:08:10 »

The player we really need to keep at the moment is Wes - hopefully to the end of the season and beyond.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 20:07:47 »

One thing that annoys me, Gabilondo is right footed and can't cross to save his life with his left. Ritchie is Left footed, but is ok on his right.

Sometimes I would like to see Ritchie on the left and Gabilondo on the right, just something different when teams decide to stick 11 men behind the ball.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 20:14:17 »

Must, must, must get promoted this season else I fear we will lose that spine (Caddis, Flint, Ferry and Ritchie).
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 20:17:31 »

Agree Valo, wiggy mentioned at half time yesterday about swapping Gabi and Ritchie, lots of teams use this tactic effectively but we hardly ever have.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 20:46:07 »

Worst town player on the pitch yesterday (grumble grumble whinge whinge)

I personally don't think he's any better than kennedy, but i've only seen him yesterday and against bradford so am more than happy to admit i'm no expert on the lad.

Sorry I have watched him home and away and this lad is decent. Granted probably his most average game yesterday but is a better tackler than Kennedy and defends better as well.
Taking nothing away from Kennedy as he appears to be improving.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 20:54:12 »

The side almost picks itself at the moment, probably the only positions up for debate would be left wing and the forward positions, although if Kerrouche could stay fit Imo he would be a shoe in also.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 20:54:51 »

I think Caddis and Ferry look good enough now to slot into a higher division team straight away, I think Flint is acquitting himself well in a very physical league but is still work in progress, he'll get better and better.

Speaking of failed ex-Town defenders, is Ben Tozer still the mainstay of the Northampton Town impenetrable back line these days?  Wink

I have a few Northampton Mates up here and they are not impressed with Tozer at present.

Even more worrying is they are dreading playing Swindon.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 21:46:23 »

Sorry I have watched him home and away and this lad is decent. Granted probably his most average game yesterday but is a better tackler than Kennedy and defends better as well.
Taking nothing away from Kennedy as he appears to be improving.

To be fair to him yesterday he had no protection in front of him for long parts of the game.  As soon as Gabby went off he got a lot better.  Going forward he has a good cross but the connection with Gabby was none existent, they kept getting it wrong, mainly because Gabby kept coming onto his right foot.
slinky

i'm lovin' it

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 23:21:54 »

One thing that annoys me, Gabilondo is right footed and can't cross to save his life with his left. Ritchie is Left footed, but is ok on his right.

Sometimes I would like to see Ritchie on the left and Gabilondo on the right, just something different when teams decide to stick 11 men behind the ball.

I made this same point yesterday.  After all Gabilondo is a right winger so playing him on the left he has to go against his natural instinct to go around a player on the outside and instead cut inside as it is clear he hasn't got a left foot.  I've seen Ritchie marked by two players also which further strengthens the argument of switching during a game as it would play havoc with the oppositions tactics. 
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Monday, November 28, 2011, 06:51:31 »

Oh and I've realised that yesterday's game was quite exciting compared to say, mowing the lawn  Roll Eyes

Sorry, but nothing is more exciting than mowing the lawn....
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Monday, November 28, 2011, 07:15:56 »

in summary, we need to genetically splice Ridehalgh and Kennedy to make a super left back
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Monday, November 28, 2011, 08:47:42 »

Who would then be far too good for this league, sold to higher division team and we are back to square one.

Ridehalgh is the the superior defender of the 2 and that's the main thing I look for in a full back, he isn't a mug going forward either.
the washbag

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Monday, November 28, 2011, 09:12:26 »

I made this same point yesterday.  After all Gabilondo is a right winger so playing him on the left he has to go against his natural instinct to go around a player on the outside and instead cut inside as it is clear he hasn't got a left foot.  I've seen Ritchie marked by two players also which further strengthens the argument of switching during a game as it would play havoc with the oppositions tactics. 

We covered Di Canio's tactical approach on the wings a few weeks back - http://thewashbag.com/2011/09/08/town-tactics-form-vs-formation/

the washbag

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Monday, November 28, 2011, 09:13:34 »

Our match report for STFC v Aldershot - http://thewashbag.com/2011/11/28/swindon-2-aldershot-0-an-unhappy-return-for-the-shots/

deltaincline

« Reply #209 on: Monday, November 28, 2011, 22:46:18 »

Sorry, but nothing is more exciting than mowing the lawn....

Agree 100% MacPhea - whatever the weather, mowing the lawn has to be the best way to spend your time;-)
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: