Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Aldershot Official Match Day Thread  (Read 26320 times)
deltaincline

« Reply #150 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 23:52:13 »

Hate to say it, but Richie looks like he's playing for himself at the moment.

Fantastic player and decent bloke that he is, I think PDC needs to explain to him that he'll get his move eventually, as class will always shine through. Someone will make us an offer we wont want to refuse if he keeps doing what he was doing, but that is not going to happen if he's a greedy fucker and isnt playing as part of the squad.

If he thinks he's going to get a big move playing like he is (not overly pissed off with him myself, just think he could do a lot more for the team rather than always seeming to be going for the world class shots and passes all the time) he's kidding himself.

I suspect PDC will already be well on top of the situation, judging what he had to say about Jervis and Flint in the post match interview today;-)
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, November 26, 2011, 23:59:59 »

Can understand a really good player having an off day but agree that something is not quite right regarding Ritchies recent proformances. After the transfer window came and went This week I was expecting to see the old Matt back today but he still looked like a player with a lot on his mind. Still think he is right up there with the best players in the league but just not in the last few games.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 00:22:52 »

Agree with all that, OST.

Kerslake was a fucking good player for us. Why someone would sing that within earshot of Caddis, let alone expect him, or anyone else, to get it is beyond me.

Smart Arse irony. Not fucking funny.

Apologies, apologies people, somethings been misunderstood here, I obviously wasn't clear in my post. I didn't 'chant' it out loud at full volume and all happy clappy, I was merely singing it to a chap who sits next to me, who knew who Kerslake and Hooper were..... It was a comedic device in which to highlight Caddis' frustratingly poor final ball whilst praising his skill and industry.... I suppose what pissed me off was the guy in front turned round and glared at me. All fucking up on his sensitive high horse, "How fucking dare you say anything slightly derogatory towards one of our players",  "Well, thats not the attitude thats going to get them playing better", "We don't need fans like you". etc etc.

Yeah a bit like what you, and OST have just done.

My season ticket seat is waaaaay up in the DR, so it wasnt within earshot of the player, but perhaps you could circulate guidelines on how many rows up you're allowed to sit before you can voice an opinion, just to save the ears of our players.... do you think we have to sit higher in the stand if its a winger or full back that's getting the comments?? But perhaps we could sit a bit closer for a midfielder?

I'm 38, not a little obnoxious kid who's gonna yell in players faces. I just get browned off that you can't seem to make any kind of comments or have any opinion on the terraces anymore, its soooooo fucking annoying when you can't make a comment to your mate about the deficiencies of players in a light hearted way without drawing angry stares....  Angry Angry"Oooh.. that sort of talk isnt gonna make him play better" Angry Angry "We don't need fans like you" Angry Angry...
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 07:53:27 »

I suspect PDC will already be well on top of the situation, judging what he had to say about Jervis and Flint in the post match interview today;-)

I nearly crashed the car when Paolo came out with "Before, Aden Flint was like a man from the cave. Now he is very intelligent".

OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 10:52:45 »

I was merely singing it to a chap who sits next to me,
You serenade each other during the game? What a nice idea. I must give it a try Wink
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 11:44:08 »

Not much to say that hasn't already been said. A pretty dull game of football but 3 well earned points, and it is hard to be critical when PDC is getting the right results.

We are better with Smith in the middle of midfield. I agree with previous posters that we are becoming a bit predictable and our wingers should be switching sides during the game.

For a big lad Jervis can't jump and struggles to hold off defenders. Looks good when he is facing the right way though. It would be interesting to see him having some crosses from the byline to attack - but again that will only happen with wingers on their natural side.

It is good to see our players having the fitness to run for the whole 90 minutes.

All in all, happy days.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 11:58:08 »

Apologies, apologies people, somethings been misunderstood here, I obviously wasn't clear in my post. I didn't 'chant' it out loud at full volume and all happy clappy, I was merely singing it to a chap who sits next to me, who knew who Kerslake and Hooper were..... It was a comedic device in which to highlight Caddis' frustratingly poor final ball whilst praising his skill and industry.... I suppose what pissed me off was the guy in front turned round and glared at me. All fucking up on his sensitive high horse, "How fucking dare you say anything slightly derogatory towards one of our players",  "Well, thats not the attitude thats going to get them playing better", "We don't need fans like you". etc etc.

Yeah a bit like what you, and OST have just done.

My season ticket seat is waaaaay up in the DR, so it wasnt within earshot of the player, but perhaps you could circulate guidelines on how many rows up you're allowed to sit before you can voice an opinion, just to save the ears of our players.... do you think we have to sit higher in the stand if its a winger or full back that's getting the comments?? But perhaps we could sit a bit closer for a midfielder?

I'm 38, not a little obnoxious kid who's gonna yell in players faces. I just get browned off that you can't seem to make any kind of comments or have any opinion on the terraces anymore, its soooooo fucking annoying when you can't make a comment to your mate about the deficiencies of players in a light hearted way without drawing angry stares....  Angry Angry"Oooh.. that sort of talk isnt gonna make him play better" Angry Angry "We don't need fans like you" Angry Angry...

Bit confused with the criticism of Caddis final ball when his crosses last week and this week led to goals!
corner

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 12:35:08 »

Cool
Bit confused with the criticism of Caddis final ball when his crosses last week and this week led to goals!
Caddis always gets the ball in, its ritchie who dnt n is the gready one. He hasnt been at his best for a while.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 13:25:09 »

*based on the fact that it's almost 20 years since Kerslake played for us.

Just the 12 years!

I once got odd looks from some young fans infront of me when I stood up to cheer the Chief as he came on for Chesterfield against us - in the last game of the season a few years back now.

Very odd firstly that I got those looks and secondly that I was one of very few who stood up to give him the ovation he deserved when he came on.

He did tag onto the end of our lap of honour though. Chief, Chief, Chief!
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 13:32:05 »

I agree, his crossing can be superb, I just meant that it must be frustrating for the guy when he does such excellent approach work and then undoes it all with a weak grass-cutting cross, which he did a couple of times on Saturday. His dead ball delivery is excellent also.

You serenade each other during the game? What a nice idea. I must give it a try Wink

Not if your singing voice is as bad as mine.... aaahhh I see it now, the penny has dropped - the guy in front turned round and glared because of my awful singing voice, not the content!!!!  Cheesy
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 13:32:34 »

Caddis will be the one we struggle to hold onto come January in my view,he played really well yesterday and his defensive game has come on big time.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 13:37:11 »

It's amazing what a bit of extra fitness and belief can do for a player. Caddis is showing the kind of potential that was there last season. He is just unstoppable at the moment.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 13:56:23 »

Caddis must be one of the fittest footballers I've seen at Town, the miles he must clock up during 90 minutes is remarkable. Disagree about his end product as well, although I never saw Kerslake.

I also thought Gabilondo wasn't as poor yesterday as others have said - at times he looked quite threatening and put in a couple of excellent low crosses across the 6 yard box. However the team looked far more balanced when De Vita took his place on the left.
Barry Scott

« Reply #163 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 14:06:02 »

Caddis will be the one we struggle to hold onto come January in my view,he played really well yesterday and his defensive game has come on big time.

I agree. I think we'd do well to hang on to him. Any scouts turning up to watch games, and possibly Richie, probably go back and say, "Richie's good, but their right back is incredible."
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Sunday, November 27, 2011, 14:22:29 »

We have to hang onto everyone really.

Ferry, Caddis and Ritchie probably in that order.

I was chatting to one of our players who genuinely believes Ferry is good enough to play in the Championship, right now!
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15   Go Up
Print
Jump to: