Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Cambridge pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 67386 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Friday, December 27, 2019, 16:41:04 »

Hopefully a few people got half-seasons or six-packs for Christmas that will boost the numbers from now on. Plus for the first time in I can't remember how long, we didn't disappoint a crowd full of occasionals.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #286 on: Friday, December 27, 2019, 18:25:59 »

Last couple of views from Cambridge fans on yesterday.

In all my 40 years of watch ‘U’s at Swindon, I’ve never seen them turned over with such ease. Sure Cambridge are a big athletic side, but realistically offer nothing. Maybe I’m being unfair as Swindon will turn over much better sides than Cambridge United.
One point I want to make is why Kyle Knoyle would want to leave Swindon for that shower! He could easily be playing for Swindon on their way to winning Div 1!

Swindon are decent enough, but we made that far too easy for them. They are no World beaters, but in a league of mediocrity they do stand out.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Friday, December 27, 2019, 18:45:31 »

I think 8,200-ish was a great crowd, I don't see any reason why anyone would be disappointed with it...

It was 2,000 more than the next highest attendance in L2,
The majority of the Clubs in our division will never get even remotely close to that figure - ever.
And most importantly, it's going in the right direction and no doubt will continue to rise as the wins continue to stack up.

Reasons to be cheerful and all that...

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Friday, December 27, 2019, 18:49:07 »

Every season, bar none, has people saying the league this year is piss poor. We have, obviously, improved leaps and bounds, but are we really only turning over a bunch of duds?.

This is our 3rd season in L2 and they all seem much of a muchness to me. Luton were a good side but didn’t even win the league. Lincoln bulldozered there way out of here. Exeter always try and play some decent stuff but ultimately run out of steam. The relegated teams from L1 are doing a passable impression of us in our first season. FGR and Numb just aren’t good enough.

Colchester are the ones to look out for.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Friday, December 27, 2019, 18:53:23 »

Every season, bar none, has people saying the league this year is piss poor. We have, obviously, improved leaps and bounds, but are we really only turning over a bunch of duds?.

This is our 3rd season in L2 and they all seem much of a muchness to me. Luton were a good side but didn’t even win the league. Lincoln bulldozered there way out of here. Exeter always try and play some decent stuff but ultimately run out of steam. The relegated teams from L1 are doing a passable impression of us in our first season. FGR and Numb just aren’t good enough.

Colchester are the ones to look out for.

Plymouth are looking a real threat

So, give no fucks
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #290 on: Friday, December 27, 2019, 19:08:49 »

I recon Plymouth too and Bradford with a decent run.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Flashheart

« Reply #291 on: Friday, December 27, 2019, 19:13:14 »

Bradford are not playing well going by their forum. They sound Flitcroft-esque to me.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Friday, December 27, 2019, 20:57:25 »

Not long left to go now and we can all move on with our lives.
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Friday, December 27, 2019, 21:00:21 »

I recon Plymouth too and Bradford with a decent run.
I dunno, the leagues weird. We seem to be the only team capable of consistently turning over the teams in the bottom half of the table. I mean look at Northampton and Crewe’s results, lost comfortably against teams we recently battered.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Friday, December 27, 2019, 21:19:33 »

I'd only be slightly worried about Col U. they've got our number so far.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Friday, December 27, 2019, 21:28:05 »

Beat us quite comprehensively at the County Ground,  the best team I have seen this season,  other than us of course.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Friday, December 27, 2019, 21:44:09 »

He is, out for a few games and with a few more still to go.
Dislocated shoulder
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Friday, December 27, 2019, 21:46:56 »

Once. Five teams have beaten them so far, seven have drawn against them. We have come along way since that game.

Oh and they are at home to Exeter on Sunday. 
« Last Edit: Friday, December 27, 2019, 21:57:01 by Legends-Lounge » Logged
Flashheart

« Reply #298 on: Friday, December 27, 2019, 21:49:48 »

Beat us quite comprehensively at the County Ground,  the best team I have seen this season,  other than us of course.

They did, fair and square. They beat us with some sublime shithousery if my memory serves me right.

I'm hoping we'd have wised up to it a tad since.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #299 on: Friday, December 27, 2019, 22:01:29 »

Massive month is January, I don’t fear any of them the way we are playing. Top ten or otherwise we are on fire and while we’re at the top everyone will want to be where we are. That said they’re not, we are and justifiably so too. Would you want to play us if you were the opposition?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: