Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 24   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon v Cambridge pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 67386 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Friday, December 27, 2019, 12:35:40 »

On the Shrews forum they hinted at him stealing from the club.

Lets hope so. Here's to bridges burnt and no going back!!

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Friday, December 27, 2019, 12:36:53 »

I agree.  Whole lot of people straight away saying how dumb that was.  

I recall the comparison being drawn was the way the club let Downsborough go.

Oh sure, a load of people grumbled. But as long as we were winning, most gave a free pass to the culture of bullying that came along with the rest of the shtick.

Anyway, I don’t want to detract from the general merriment. I’m just grumpy because I can’t watch the Town today.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Friday, December 27, 2019, 12:39:04 »

Quote from: Red Frog
I’m just grumpy because I can’t watch the Town today.

Sunday isn't long to wait...
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #273 on: Friday, December 27, 2019, 12:53:38 »

Was yesterday the first game this season we beat a team which started the day in the top half??
No, Carlisle, Cambridge away, Salford and Macclesfield were all in the top halfon the day we beat them.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Friday, December 27, 2019, 13:30:27 »

On the Shrews forum they hinted at him stealing from the club.

Nothing official has come out though and I doubt ever will.

I thought it was for stealing a watch from another player, can't remember where I read that though
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Friday, December 27, 2019, 14:35:08 »

Twas a great day indeed.
Then you went home.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Friday, December 27, 2019, 14:45:43 »

I thought it was for stealing a watch from another player, can't remember where I read that though
That was Tommy Miller talking about having his watch stolen by another player. Nowt to do with Grant

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
swindonmaniac

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Friday, December 27, 2019, 14:51:42 »

Great result.  And pretty good results elsewhere.

Possibly being unrealistic here but I was a bit disappointed with the attendance.
A little disappointing but still the highest attendance in league 2, even higher than 5 games in league 1.    Not sure if it's correct but according to the paper Numb only had a gate of 1,222,  even Macclesfield had a gate of 1,991 for the 'high flying' Grimsby - so could be much worse.

Life is a Rollercoaster - Just gotta ride it.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Friday, December 27, 2019, 14:53:34 »

A little disappointing but still the highest attendance in league 2, even higher than 5 games in league 1.    Not sure if it's correct but according to the paper Numb only had a gate of 1,222,  even Macclesfield had a gate of 1,991 for the 'high flying' Grimsby - so could be much worse.

Numb figure caught my eye, bit can't be right for Plymuff as they'd bring that many themselves, in fact it could be the away figure.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #279 on: Friday, December 27, 2019, 15:01:37 »

Yeah the 'Numb crowd was abut the same as for our game vs them up there going by the highlights, that must be the away attendance.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
STFC_Manc

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Friday, December 27, 2019, 15:07:31 »

That was Tommy Miller talking about having his watch stolen by another player. Nowt to do with Grant

My bad, I stand corrected
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Friday, December 27, 2019, 15:30:18 »

From my dodgy memory I’m not sure about that. 

Pretty sure most people weren’t happy and could see who was in the wrong at the time. Problem was he bombed a player every week or 2 so it become the norm in a way.
IIRC Di Canio bombed out Caddis for coming back unfit or overweight for pre season after the birth of his child.

Interestingly, the same happened at Birmingham under Gary Rowett.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-boss-gary-rowett-11769064

Caddis disputed that and said that's the way he is and doesn't feel the need to lose weight.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-defender-paul-caddis-11858510

Wellens seems to be flexible with training etc as he allows Doyle to take days off to allow him to travel from Liverpool. Maybe he takes the view if you're doing the business you can be trusted.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Friday, December 27, 2019, 15:49:29 »

[/quote

Unless no Cheltenham fans turned up it's definitely not true as Plymouth would have had 1200+ there alone

So, give no fucks
Private Fraser

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Friday, December 27, 2019, 16:12:30 »

From their OS:

ATTENDANCE: 5,192 (1,222 from Plymouth)
come on you redssss

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Friday, December 27, 2019, 16:21:19 »

From their OS:

ATTENDANCE: 5,192 (1,222 from Plymouth)
Not bad for them. I don’t think our attendance was too bad. I mean if you look at the 11/12 season, we only really started to get the 10k+ for the big games near the end of the season against Plymouth and Vale. 8.2k is a good start and if the form carries on, I’m sure some 9-10k attendances will start appearing again.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 ... 24   Go Up
Print
Jump to: