Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town Vs Scunthorpe United Official Match day Thread  (Read 25346 times)
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Saturday, November 14, 2015, 22:17:27 »

Brad Barry pulled out of at least 4 potential 50/50's allowing their player/s to win the ball. Totally out of his depth although did extremely well just before h/t to shut down a counter attack & then almost scored himself at the other end! Will feel far more confident when NT is back to play in his position. Shame we didn't sign Eckersley as we are desperately short on defensive cover. Anton was poor again. The amount of cheap possession he gave away when we were clinging on was criminal which is so fucking frustrating as his ball retention is ususlly pretty good. He's surely played his way out of next week's team with that performance today. Branco was excellent & thoroughlly deserved MOTM. Lingy has got a nice selection headache on decidng which loan player misses out next week assuming all are fit.

Brad Barry squad player at best. Poor marking all season and doesn't get tight marking and drifts.
Teams are aware of this and have been exploiting this home and away.
FreddySTFC!

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Saturday, November 14, 2015, 22:21:10 »

Brad Barry squad player at best. Poor marking all season and doesn't get tight marking and drifts.
Teams are aware of this and have been exploiting this home and away.
Agreed. Nothing against either him or Rodgers personally & would never boo or discourage our own players as it achieves nothing but blatantly obvious that neither are good enough for this level of football!

I have a culture, I don't stop my culture!!
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Saturday, November 14, 2015, 23:58:18 »

It's difficult to remember a Town side in recent memory with a set of players of such varying ability.

3-5-2 was great last year, but was founded on good wing back play of Byrne and Toffolo. Both arguably championship standard. Today's two wing backs are L2 or Conference standard. That's why we fare differently.

The same can be said for Rodgers. We've swapped the Asian Cup player of the tournament for a limited player who once won second most successful footballer in his family.

So let's not be surprised where we are. It will be a slow progression out - but great to see that start today. Fingers crossed we replace the weak links sooner rather than later. COYR.
The Grim Reaper

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 00:19:40 »

I would imagine Rogers and Barry only playing to fulfil contract obligations.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 02:02:12 »

Rodgers looked neat and tidy in the highlights

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
REDBUCK

« Reply #110 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 07:56:29 »

He generally is when he's got the ball. Short one touch passes nearly always backwards or sideways but only when he's got time to receive and give it. Yesterdays 2nd Goal was a prime example.

The problem comes when he hasn't got the ball. He hides, never makes himself available when he might receive it under pressure, never tracks his runner always passing the man on and rarely puts in a tackle to win the ball back.

He just doesn't work hard enough when we haven't got the ball
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 08:49:42 »

Rodgers looked neat and tidy in the highlights
he can be. every now and then he'll play a good ball or do something and you'll think maybe you have it wrong. that feeling lasts about 30 seconds in general when he passes to the opposition. he sort of reminds me of bobby howe, but less sexy at football, obviously.

but I think we have a bit of a dilemma. I'm not sure if we should be dropping Kasim or Rodgers at the moment. or even LT for that matter to resolve the loan player issue.
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 15:27:12 by Batch » Logged
Islington Red

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 08:51:11 »

Thought we looked good, went to Blackpool game and what a huge difference. Disappointed by BOO, his confidence looks so low and with someone who is meant to be rapid why is he scared to take players on. Thomas looked a real handful when he came on and should be useful. Still not sure about Nicky Ajose
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 08:52:39 »

There's an oddly poignant moment in the highlights, when an old man in a wheelchair reaches out to celebrate with Ajose, but can't quite reach, and is forced to cover the attempt with applause.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-one/10067068/swindon-2-1-scunthorpe
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 09:55:13 »

There's an oddly poignant moment in the highlights, when an old man in a wheelchair reaches out to celebrate with Ajose, but can't quite reach, and is forced to cover the attempt with applause.

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-one/10067068/swindon-2-1-scunthorpe
Great spot...that poor old man!

Have to say, it looks like a much improved performance compared to the last couple of matches I went to (Millwall and Wigan). Having 2 up front is always going to give us more chances. Well taken goals, great assist from Gladwin. At the start of the highlights Barry fails to close down and then somehow lets the opposition player get a shot off from an impossible angle. He really is totally out of his depth. At the next phone in please please please can someone ask Lee Power why someone so clearly out of his depth is playing for us and  if he would be anywhere near our first team if he wasn't related to Gareth?! Also, the goal we conceded was a shocker, no marking at all.
Barry Scott

« Reply #115 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 10:20:16 »

Regarding Barry, I suppose we could play one of the many other right backs we have at the club - all of which I've read on Twitter are far better.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 10:24:29 »

I'd honestly rather see a yoof player given a chance over Barry (assuming we have one...)

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
molepar

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 10:43:27 »

Regarding Barry, I suppose we could play one of the many other right backs we have at the club - all of which I've read on Twitter are far better.

I would not be surprised if our youth teamers were better. He's probably the worst defender I have seen in my time supporting Swindon.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 11:12:49 »

I thought Branco led by example yesterday
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Sunday, November 15, 2015, 11:17:08 »

Composed finish from Branco...

The highlights alone look more positive than anything I've seen for a while.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: