Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ward  (Read 11924 times)
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Sunday, August 8, 2010, 18:50:23 »

I know he wasn't serious, I just thought it was a strange comparison to make

I'd have Fjørtoft in the team for Tuesday night though.
Doore

« Reply #31 on: Sunday, August 8, 2010, 18:51:04 »

Might have sounded like a bit of a twat (this happens a lot) but essentially my point was that, unless he does become a town player again, we need to forget about Ward and look at the players we do have.  One defeat doesn't mean a lot - let's give Wilson's new signings a chance, he hasn't got many wrong so far.

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Sunday, August 8, 2010, 18:59:43 »

if ward is surplus to boltons requiremements(which is the probability)he should drop down 1 division,not 2.
i dont think we have much chance of getting him back,and rightly so.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Sunday, August 8, 2010, 22:58:06 »

I didn't post it because of the result yesterday, just passing on what Morrison said to me, I thought some people maybe interested? I'll keep any news to myself next time!

Didn't realise this was Billy Shears.com

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Stegenfreud

Say what now?

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Sunday, August 8, 2010, 23:28:13 »

Does all this talk mean that Ward will now become known as 'He who can't be named?'  Zipped.... For example: Do you remember the 2nd goal of the first leg of the play-off final, you know the lovely counter attack with a great finish by 'HE WHO CAN'T BE NAMED!'

I don't get why some on here get so bothered about those discussing 'He who can't be named' and his future.....

Maybe there isn't a hope in hell that we could get him back..... but fuck surely people can still dream.  Head Hurts

simon FERRY cross the avon... do do.
Barry Scott

« Reply #35 on: Sunday, August 8, 2010, 23:40:18 »

Does all this talk mean that Ward will now become known as 'He who can't be named?'  Zipped.... For example: Do you remember the 2nd goal of the first leg of the play-off final, you know the lovely counter attack with a great finish by 'HE WHO CAN'T BE NAMED!'

I don't get why some on here get so bothered about those discussing 'He who can't be named' and his future.....

Maybe there isn't a hope in hell that we could get him back..... but fuck surely people can still dream.  Head Hurts

What?  Huh?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Sunday, August 8, 2010, 23:51:48 »

Seriously, what the fuck is everyones current obsession with forgetting about last season?

Ward came in and did very well for us and played some great games, I am in no hurry to forget that. He did well for us and was a talented player, you'd have to be moron to not want him back here, sure its unlikely but it shouldnt stop us hoping.

I think most of us wish him well and will continually look out for his career in years to come due to the impact he made down here.

I'm not going to suddenly forget him just because he isnt here anymore.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #37 on: Monday, August 9, 2010, 06:32:34 »

I think you'll find that well just call him Danny Ward, because that's his name.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Monday, August 9, 2010, 09:37:27 »

Seriously, what the fuck is everyones current obsession with forgetting about last season?

Ward came in and did very well for us and played some great games, I am in no hurry to forget that. He did well for us and was a talented player, you'd have to be moron to not want him back here, sure its unlikely but it shouldnt stop us hoping.

I think most of us wish him well and will continually look out for his career in years to come due to the impact he made down here.

I'm not going to suddenly forget him just because he isnt here anymore.

I dont think anyone wants to forget about ward or last season, but every 10 minutes someone makes the genius suggestion to get him back when

A. DW has already stated that we have our name on the list as a potential loan destination
B. Its clearly unlikley that he'll come back as championship clubs are (quite rightly) interested

So its not forget about him, its stop going on about it - not you personally in this case
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Monday, August 9, 2010, 09:53:25 »

This has all come from me giving an update on what was being said by Danny though, is that classed as going on about him?  Or would you rather all not know?  Pretty strange if you don't as this is the reason that most people get involved with forums, to be kept updated on the latest news and gossip.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Monday, August 9, 2010, 10:20:13 »

Lot's of clubs interested in Danny Ward by the seems of it....

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_6302376,00.html
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Monday, August 9, 2010, 11:15:28 »

Let it go......  Move on.......

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Monday, August 9, 2010, 11:19:26 »

We have an advantage of sorts, as he's been here last season, enjoyed it, played well and developed plus he'll be guaranteed to be playing every week - potentially in a team challenging for automatic promotion. If he goes to a Championship club he most likely wouldn't play every week and it would be a mid table team, so I don't think him coming back is as unlikely as some are making out.

Though I still think Bolton should be giving him a chance with their 1st team, he could be ready to make the step up.

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Monday, August 9, 2010, 11:32:42 »

ward went back to try to break through at bolton.if he isn't in coyle's thinking why would ward come back here?he has proven he can cut it in league 1, but the kid is ambitious so will be looking at the championship minimum,if he is to be loaned out again.
one of the clubs in that division will take him,i'd bet my house on that.
i see ward's situation very much like jimmy davis's after his spell with us.
« Last Edit: Monday, August 9, 2010, 12:04:40 by arriba » Logged
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Monday, August 9, 2010, 12:15:24 »

ward went back to try to break through at bolton.if he isn't in coyle's thinking why would ward come back here?he has proven he can cut it in league 1, but the kid is ambitious so will be looking at the championship minimum,if he is to be loaned out again.
one of the clubs in that division will take him,i'd bet my house on that.
i see ward's situation very much like jimmy davis's after his spell with us.

Excatly what I think. You can never say never, but he's going to get a better offer IMHO.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: