Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 ... 109   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Trust look to buy the CG  (Read 397308 times)
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #1485 on: Friday, September 29, 2023, 11:14:50 »

Agreed. The SB needs to go given its present state.

I thought that the terracing was renewed in the late 80s / early 90s.

Many memories, both good & bad from the time spent on the bank.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #1486 on: Friday, September 29, 2023, 11:22:07 »

I went on the Bank 2 seasons against Sutton I think it was, got nice sun burn. First season ever that I'd sat in all four stands as I went Town End vs Man City and was regularly in the other two.

Pretty sure I hadn't been on the bank before that since we went up under McMahon last game of the season.
UTR

Ignore
« Reply #1487 on: Friday, September 29, 2023, 11:30:50 »

Does anyone know how many rows roughly would need taking out of the DRS for the exec boxes and where abouts the boxes would go?

With those numbers in mind it’s a little easier gauge feasibility on moving those fans
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1488 on: Friday, September 29, 2023, 11:41:15 »

Does anyone know how many rows roughly would need taking out of the DRS for the exec boxes and where abouts the boxes would go?

With those numbers in mind it’s a little easier gauge feasibility on moving those fans

The Boxes would likely be at the split point - where the entrances come out into the stand, given that is the floor of the second level behind it.

While the Bank was re-done in the early 90's, as a result of it falling apart and the need to re-do the barriers after Hillsborough I think, the facilities are pretty much non existent now.  I'd certainly think that demolition followed by a a build like the Don Rogers would be simple enough for what would likely be an away fans stand.  It can clearly be done in a summer, as was shown when we built the DR.  That then gives you plenty of time to re-build the Town End into the money making stand, alongside those boxes in the DR.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1489 on: Friday, September 29, 2023, 11:47:41 »

I guess it would also depend if it was a full width of the stand executive boxes, if it was top, middle or bottom too.

If its a full width say, then if it was at pitch level (unusual for boxes) then we could get away with losing about 5 of the first 6 rows, if its half way up behind the concrete divider then maybe 4 rows of seats could be sacrificed on the full width.

If its at the top on either side of the camera gantry then I would think a full 3 rows of seats minus the Camera seats already gone may well have to be removed for this in line with the size of the camera gantry already occupying part of that space.

So as a rough guide if its at the back on each side of the gantry then I would guess about 594 seats would have to be removed for a full width of 3 rows for the set of boxes.

If its further down and we need to lose 4 rows of seats then thats 892 seats removed.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #1490 on: Friday, September 29, 2023, 12:03:10 »

Think the bank was redone in 1988, because the first game of the season was rescheduled as we were due to miss it as we would have been away in honeymoon.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1491 on: Friday, September 29, 2023, 12:17:02 »

Think the bank was redone in 1988, because the first game of the season was rescheduled as we were due to miss it as we would have been away in honeymoon.
The Bank was definately resurfaced in the Summer of 1988.

As can be seen on this video of the 1st home match of the season that year vs Pompey.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #1492 on: Friday, September 29, 2023, 12:31:03 »

Sticking the away fans solely on a refurbed bank would free up about 500 netted/missing seats in the Arkells.
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1493 on: Friday, September 29, 2023, 12:33:02 »

Sticking the away fans solely on a refurbed bank would free up about 500 netted/missing seats in the Arkells.
Plus the 1,200 away fan seats, easly enough to contain the Town End crowd.

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1494 on: Friday, September 29, 2023, 12:35:47 »

How long did the DRS take to build. I cant remember the old Shrivvy bring flattened and watching a game with nowt there.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #1495 on: Friday, September 29, 2023, 12:37:28 »

Strengthen the town end roof and whack some prefab boxes up there and call that the hospitality

Things get better but they never get good
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1496 on: Friday, September 29, 2023, 12:38:08 »

The old Shrivenham Road stand was demolished and the new one built all between the end of one season and the start of the next in 1994.  i can't remember for certain, but we may have tested it out on a friendly just before the actual season started.

Certainly in use for our first home game against Port Vale, 14th August.
« Last Edit: Friday, September 29, 2023, 12:40:13 by RobertT » Logged
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #1497 on: Friday, September 29, 2023, 12:39:24 »

The old Shrivenham Road stand was demolished and the new one built all between the end of one season and the start of the next in 1994.  i can't remember for certain, but we may have tested it out on a friendly just before the actual season started.
That’s what I thought. Impressive!
Peter Venkman

« Reply #1498 on: Friday, September 29, 2023, 12:39:53 »

How long did the DRS take to build. I cant remember the old Shrivvy bring flattened and watching a game with nowt there.
I think it was only about 4 months, they pulled down the Shrivvy stand the day after the last game of the season. Things got done much faster back then though and for way way less cost.

More about it here, 1st game of the season in August 1994.

EDIT: 4 months not 6.

RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1499 on: Friday, September 29, 2023, 12:42:07 »

I think it was only about 4 months, they pulled down the Shrivvy stand the day after the last game of the season. Things got done much faster back then though and for way way less cost.

Much quicker than that.  Last home game was May 7th, next home game August 14th.  In between that time the old stand was demolished and cleared and the new stand built.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 ... 109   Go Up
Print
Jump to: