Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Atmosphere Today  (Read 23121 times)

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 20:27:57 »

no probs
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 20:44:47 »

Did you have a 'singing section' at Wembley? I think it was Cambridge who started the idea the other season, the central blocks of the bottom tier behind the goal are available only to season ticket holders first, then everyone else, and supporters are reminded that a singing section includes 'passionate supporters who may use colourful language at times' - tends to weed most of the daytrippers out and improves the atmosphere as you get the core fans bunched up. Would definitely be worth a go next time.

Tickets were only available to season ticket holders first, but nearly all blocks were available, so was impossible to know where people were going to buy.  Also, tickets were sold through Ticketzone not through the club.  Alot of us bought online, which was a nightmare in itself, as you could only buy 6 tickets together using one season ticket.  As previously mentioned alot of people preferred it when you had to go and queue at the ground like in 1993.  Back then, I went on a private coach and the whole coach had seats together in Wembley because 15 or so people had gone down together and bought so many tickets each.
Talk Talk

« Reply #167 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 21:24:48 »

I'm confused.

I'm sure Davis told me to 'fuck off back to my methane pit and go hug a tree' or some such last night  Huh?

Perhaps it was just a bad dream, like the 90 minutes on Saturday...
gasha2

« Reply #168 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 08:47:24 »

Just to add to what everyone else has already said. I was standing there, block 238, head in me hands in utter disbelief at Charlie missing (didn't know about the bobble at the time, terrible bad luck), realising our season was effectively ending and some cunt starts shouting at me to sit down.

I nearly fucking lost it. Had to go and watch the rest of the game in another block, or I would have lamped the fucker.

Still think the performance had a lot to do with the atmosphere.

And why do Millwall do that fucking slit across their throats thing? Fucking gay if you ask me.

magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #169 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 08:59:11 »

i had a bloke behind me tell me to sit down. i did go fucking mental at him though.

told him he was a fucking day tripper and part time fan who was only here for a wembley day out etc etc

The bloke moved 10 mins later Smiley

REDBUCK

« Reply #170 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 09:06:10 »

You must be so proud
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 09:07:04 »

You must be so proud

you've no idea

Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 09:08:38 »

i had a bloke behind me tell me to sit down. i did go fucking mental at him though.

told him he was a fucking day tripper and part time fan who was only here for a wembley day out etc etc

Well done

[url width=500 height=500]http://thegirlfromtheghetto.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/bravo.jpg[/url]

Things get better but they never get good
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #173 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 10:08:41 »

Fuck the sarcastic responses, you woz right mate.

Not only is it a football match where people have a tendency to be active and make noise. But what right does he have to tell YOU what to do, it's you day out as well.

All those of you trying to be smart with your sarcasm.... I S'pose that you would have just sat down and be quiet like obedient little puppies right, well good for you. I'd rather fuck them off and get behind my team which, surely, is the point of being there.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 10:19:13 »

Likewise this blokes paid upwards of £50 to watch a football match. Except he can't because someone's stood up in front of him, and then abusing him.

Football should be watched standing up, but it's not right to expect everyone to want to. I try and stand up whenever I can, but if people behind me are sitting down I'll sit down, because I'm not a selfish cunt

magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 10:26:47 »

no but your a 2 bit cunt dave.

i was actually stood up singing the national anthem like everyone else should be doing if you really wanted to know why i was stood up

BANGKOK RED

« Reply #176 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 10:27:21 »

Likewise this blokes paid upwards of £50 to watch a football match. Except he can't because someone's stood up in front of him, and then abusing him.

Football should be watched standing up, but it's not right to expect everyone to want to. I try and stand up whenever I can, but if people behind me are sitting down I'll sit down, because I'm not a selfish cunt

It's a fucking football match dave. If he doesn't want to stand up then he should have spent his money elsewhere.

It's like going to a grunge concert and complaining about everybody moshing on the dance floor. If you don't like it then it ain't for you, is it.
Doore

« Reply #177 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 10:29:03 »

i was actually stood up singing the national anthem like everyone else should be doing if you really wanted to know why i was stood up

Why should I sing the national anthem?  I'm an anti-royal atheist, so urging god to save the queen seems a bit odd.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 10:30:38 »

If that's the case then it is a bit fucking silly of him to moan.

It's a fucking football match dave. If he doesn't want to stand up then he should have spent his money elsewhere.

It's like going to a grunge concert and complaining about everybody moshing on the dance floor. If you don't like it then it ain't for you, is it.

Not really. Football has been all seating for nearly 20 years. Terraces and the communal standing areas are a dying breed.

BANGKOK RED

« Reply #179 on: Tuesday, June 1, 2010, 10:30:42 »

Why should I sing the national anthem?  I'm an anti-royal atheist, so urging god to save the queen seems a bit odd.

I don't know if you are taking the piss, but why would that allow you to tell others what to do?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: