Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Atmosphere Today  (Read 23209 times)
Red Rascal

« Reply #135 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 22:17:59 »

The atmosphere at the 90's finals were different class to yesterday but then so was the team performance.  I think the way that all parts of Millwall went at us (team and fans) blew us away, first on the pitch in the first half and consequently in the stands.  In the 90's the team was much more up for it and also the fans.  Millwall had obviously learnt from last year, we had better do the same for the next time, we can't collectively be as poor again.  

If we go back next year perhaps everyone should have a decibel meter implanted.  If it doesn't register constant periods of noise, thats it, banned from Wembley again (I thought saying banned from the GC but for most that wouldn't matter)

There have been posts on the adver website slagging of the players.  I think the players have the perfect right to post and slagg off the fans performance yesterday.  We were woeful.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 22:20:46 »

It's not fair to compare the present day with the 90's. Football has changed a helluva lot, and will never be the same again.

Things get better but they never get good
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #137 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 22:24:22 »

The experienced players those play off teams had aswell made a massive difference.
Red Rascal

« Reply #138 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 22:45:59 »

It's not fair to compare the present day with the 90's. Football has changed a helluva lot, and will never be the same again.

At the top level and in terms of players money, diet etc I would have to agree.  For the fans of the lower league clubs has it?

My wembley experience was much the same yesterday as in the 90's except I am older, was a bit less pissed and was a hell of a lot more pissed off at the end of it.  The experience at Chartlon away a few days ago was just like the 'old' days, stood up the whole match singing - and so did my wife next to me.  We are both in our 40's now and loved every minute of it.  I reckon comparing to the 90's is valid - you certainly can't tell me Millwall have moved into this century
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #139 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 22:53:14 »

Really? My memory of the other finals were so different. More or less stood the whole way through the other games singing non stop without some whiney old cunt telling everyone to sit down.

The new wembley is all about people having enough room to make sure they are comftable where they are sat and the build up in the ground is shit.They have turned it into this glitzy showbiz affair with shitty music and fireworks.The concourse isnt packed it echoes and is dead as fuck.

The stadium looks the bollocks but these days for most clubs who go for the first time it's all about visiting the new wembley rather than getting in and creating a atmosphere.Millwall fans will tell you that the support they had this year was alot better than last.If we get there next year our suppoert would no doubt be more vocal aswell.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 23:11:46 »

What! I wasn't attempting to be provocative or humorous.
My apologies, I assumed you must have been. In which case you're an even bigger cock than I first thought.

FWIW I think our support, in volume, was a little dissapointing
A little disappointing? We were a fucking embarrassment.

chants which at best are too fast paced to enjoy and at worst far too conveluted and obscene for the family orientated fan to sing along too?
"Come on you Reds" and "Swindon" - too convoluted or obscene? How thick/prudish are these "family orientated fans" in your imaginings? Bollocks. And bollocks to the "oooh, we were all quite spread out". The stadium was the same for Millwall, Cardiff, Blackpool, Rotherham. They all managed to make a noise. Nor do I buy the "too many day trippers" thing - we've also got far too many regulars who are more than happy to be vocal when they're moaning/having a go at players but can't seem to muster the simplest of chants to get behind the team when we're up against it. We were fucking pathetic yesterday, end of. No excuses.

And if you were quite happy with that or thought it was in any way acceptable from hardcore fans, lapsed fans, daytrippers whatever the fuck, then I despair. I suggest you go back to collecting fucking bus numbers or whatever dufflecoat hobby it is, because you clearly don't get football.

Fucking embarrassment from start to finish (the game and your attitude)
« Last Edit: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 23:15:33 by pauld » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 23:14:35 »

....and your ginger!!
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 23:23:09 »

Huh? Volume was poor and I'm not trying to make excuses. The only difference between yourself and I is I'm not getting so worked up about it.

Life is ultimatley far too short.

Things get better but they never get good
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Sunday, May 30, 2010, 23:51:26 »

And if you were quite happy with that or thought it was in any way acceptable from hardcore fans, lapsed fans, daytrippers whatever the fuck, then I despair. I suggest you go back to collecting fucking bus numbers or whatever dufflecoat hobby it is, because you clearly don't get football.

I would have improved the atmosphere, but unfortunately I was stuffed full of free food. And not a vol au vent in sight.
Talk Talk

« Reply #144 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 00:01:23 »

Jeez Paul, it's gone, it's over. Forget it.

Along with white kit at Wembley, Ben Hutchison and orange hats.

You've got two months off now, enjoy them mate.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 00:05:06 »

Remember the orange hats and white kit, but forget the rest..well maybe apart from Hutchinson scoring at Brentford
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 00:06:32 »

I love how everyones turning on each other,its just like the old days.

/
W56196272
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 00:19:04 »

fuck off yeovil
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 00:24:44 »

Too Cool

/
W56196272
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Monday, May 31, 2010, 07:25:12 »

That's what waiting 17 years for what ends up being a damp squib does to you. Hopefully Wembley appearances are like busses, and there will be another one along in a minute. But history suggests otherwise. Where is that eeyore  pic Reg?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13   Go Up
Print
Jump to: