Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC v Carlisle United FC Official Matchday Thread  (Read 33047 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #270 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 22:13:53 »

Oh right thanks, didn't see that. The word got about today that an England representative was there watching Wes, anyone else hear this?

This was mentioned on commentary also. The under 19/21 goalie coach was there. Or something like that.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 22:20:06 »

This was mentioned on commentary also. The under 19/21 goalie coach was there. Or something like that.
Didn't really have much to judge him on then, I guess helping keep clean sheets should impress them regardless.
SuggWillSugg MBE

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 22:43:07 »

Did Wes actually have a save to make?

I can remember two shots both of which went over.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 22:45:25 »

Yeah  he pushed a long range trickler round the post for a corner 2nd half.
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 22:59:50 »

Yeah  he pushed a long range trickler round the post for a corner 2nd half.
At that stage he was just glad to be involved, thought it was going about 5yards wide but can't blame him for getting the odd touch of the ball  Smiley
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 23:05:27 »

Having seen the goals on SSN, Williams' first goal was quite rightly judged to be goal of the day but I have to say I loved his second. That was an absolutely quality finish which he made look easy but that was very missable and putting it away like he did is the mark of a striker full of confidence and at the top of his game.
nochee

« Reply #276 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 23:15:23 »

I could only listen to the game on the radio but they mentioned Wes punched a cross/corner away with great force which lead to a Town attack and almost a goal
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 23:59:37 »

Having seen the goals on SSN, Williams' first goal was quite rightly judged to be goal of the day but I have to say I loved his second. That was an absolutely quality finish which he made look easy but that was very missable and putting it away like he did is the mark of a striker full of confidence and at the top of his game.

Are you finally going to stop slagging Di Canio ?
Your lack of faith when things weren't going 100% makes you look a little bit twatish
Feel free to pipe up again next time we win by less than 4
woolster

« Reply #278 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 00:20:13 »

Your lack of faith when things weren't going 100% makes you look a little bit twatish
Hmmm
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 00:23:57 »

What's all that about?
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 00:24:32 »

Someone's had a shandy or 2
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 07:22:13 »

Didn't Williams score something like one goal in the first half of the season last year and another 16 in the second half?  Let's hope for a repeat of that pattern.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 09:11:09 »

http://
Not quite sure how to respond to this. The best I can do is...

[url width=320 height=215]http://i.imgur.com/aAx0Y.gif[/url]

or...

[url width=175 height=175]http://i.imgur.com/2aMK1.gif[/url]

*Thanks Sonic
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 09:28:12 »

Agree, Williams looked gutted to be replaced but didn't see the water bottle thing. Any striker would be the same on a hat trick but he will be hungry for more goals next week. Taking Ritchie and Ferry off gave others a run out and kept them injury free. Saw Ritchie get booked but not what for? He had a right go at the fourth offical after the booking.

Just saw the highlights - Williams' first goal looks even better there than it did from the Town End at the time - an absolute cracker. De Vita's did indeed come back off their defender, hence no offside. Why do we have to wait a whole week. Surely we can arrange a game on Tuesday....an Oxford friendly perhaps.
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Sunday, January 6, 2013, 09:56:06 »

Excellent game.

Strange :

Tranmere....we could of had 10
Pompey: never looked like getting one let alone five
Carlisle: should of had more

Good gate an'all....

Clems Army!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Up