Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wilson Out  (Read 80792 times)
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #570 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 14:15:02 »

I have been rather patient with Wilson but last night was the final straw.

Our bench was so strong and our first team was full of unxeperienced players or players out of position, just go back to what served us so well last year. I feel that the players really dont want to play for Wilson and there must  be some ill-feeling there, otherwise why would players like Cuthbert and Ferry be losing out to Flint and Timlin?

I think someone new to come in might just give the players the lift they need because at the moment they dont want to be on the pitch. Also, somone new might actuall play our best players in position!
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #571 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 14:16:31 »

Why limit ourselves to a currently available manager?

We have a proven track record of turning Golden Years players into, at worst, workable player managers. Mccari, Ardilles, Hoddle. Even McMahon did us proud in his first full season (I will overlook the Razor Ruddock shite he foisted on us). Why not try that tack again.

I think someone new to come in might just give the players the lift they need because at the moment they dont want to be on the pitch. Also, somone new might actuall play our best players in position!

Someoen new might even turn out to BE one of our best players.
Lumps

« Reply #572 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 14:20:40 »

Fuck me I'd have Brian Laws over Kevin Blackwell anyday.

Most Wednesday fans will admit he was unlucky to have managed them at a time when the club was a basketcase, and did wonders in his first couple of seasons to hold them together.

Blackwell on the other hand was well supported by his board. Drove the wage bill way up at Brammal lane. So much so that the local media was reporting that even after 18 months of trimming it still stands at about £10m a year (this with only about 15/16 pro's on the books). And they were still a bit shit. I don't know a single Blade that would have him back at the club in any capacity.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #573 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 14:20:51 »

Let's say Wilson was sacked tomorrow who is there available straight away that you would say I'd trust him to at least get some fire into the players and we may have a chance of survival, I've listed a few that are available

I think the main argument is that it couldn't possibly be any worse with any other manager.

I reckon a change will help, especially if the new manager can motivate them. The players are good enough to keep us up, they just need a manager that can instill a bit of confidence in them again.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #574 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 14:23:20 »

I think the main argument is that it couldn't possibly be any worse with any other manager.
If it is, it's nearly as stupid an argument as the "relegation would be ace" fuckwittery. What on earth are you on today? And can I have a case of it please?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #575 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 14:26:27 »

If it is, it's nearly as stupid an argument as the "relegation would be ace" fuckwittery. What on earth are you on today? And can I have a case of it please?
Yes

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #576 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 14:27:32 »

We have a proven track record of turning Golden Years players into, at worst, workable player managers. Mccari, Ardilles, Hoddle. Even McMahon did us proud in his first full season (I will overlook the Razor Ruddock shite he foisted on us). Why not try that tack again.

Someoen new might even turn out to BE one of our best players.

But these days players of that calibre are few and far between and have earned so much money they are happy sitting at home or going into a media career, not wanting the flak of management.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #577 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 14:40:45 »

Gary Neville just retired.

He wouldnt go for it, in a million years - he's United for life but still. I think he'd be a good manager.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #578 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 14:43:19 »

Gary Neville just retired.

He wouldnt go for it, in a million years - he's United for life but still. I think he'd be a good manager.

The only other team he would even consider being Bury, his fathers club, hes a non starter I feel.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #579 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 14:45:14 »

throwing an untried player manager into a relegation scrap is a bit of a risk.

but I'm fast coming to the conclusion getting a good manager is all about luck!  even the good ones either leave or turn bad in the end :-)
Lumps

« Reply #580 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 14:54:06 »

Let's face it, the chance to replace the manager to turn this season around has gone. The only justification for sacking Wilson between now and the end of the season, would be if it became impossible to escape relegation, or (even more fucking unlikely) we find ourself safe from relegation with part of the season still to play.

In that case it might make some sense to give a new manager as long as possible to assess the existing squad and build for next season.

All this assumes that no-one is suggesting we should renew Danny boy's contract at the end of the season.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #581 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 14:56:33 »

You've lost me again. How could another manager do worse than one that is going to get us relegated?
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #582 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 14:59:09 »

They could cost us craploads in Wilson's payoff plus a new backroom team and still get us relegated,
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #583 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 14:59:24 »

Put your money on Hughton
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #584 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 14:59:38 »

You've lost me again. How could another manager do worse than one that is going to get us relegated?
In which case, you may as well apply for the job. Or me or anyone. Can't possibly be any worse.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: