Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wilson Out  (Read 79890 times)
STFC-4-LIFE

« Reply #615 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 21:30:45 »

I wouldnt call Gary Johnson a failure, certainly not in his last 3 jobs.

I agree, 2 promotions with Yeovil, They wouldn't be were they are today if it wasn't for him, Got City out of this league so he knows what it takes and almost got them in the premiership.

Done ok at Peterborough and was harshly sacked.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #616 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 21:34:30 »

What impresses me most about Johnson is he took Yeovil up two divisions and City up one division, has since left and both teams are still in the Leagues he got them promoted to.

So, even once he leaves he must leave a decent infrastructure behind.

P'boro were as good as down when he took over and he was sacked when they were up in 7th, I'd kill for 7th right now!
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #617 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 21:36:09 »

Goodbye negativity eh?

yep, goodbye 'goodbye negativity'.

But that aside are you enjoying it? Smiley

Oh totally... Wink I do sit near the angriest man in the Don Rogers and I think his repetitive furious mantra is now rubbing off on me.... gulp, I pray it doesnt get any worse!

I wouldnt call Gary Johnson a failure, certainly not in his last 3 jobs.

Stop picking obvious holes in my argument... you're letting actual facts get in the way of my unstable rant. This isnt improving my mood!!!
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #618 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 21:40:08 »

If Wilson were to leave I would love to see Paolo Sousa here. It's unlikely however. I think one of the main reasons Fitton went for DW in the first place was because he isn't the sort of manager to attract a lot of interest if doing well. Hes never really been poached by another club apart from when he went to Wednesday in 98. Saying that it was interesting how he was appointed our manager after he left Hartlepool.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #619 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 21:58:22 »

Smugness is fun.  Girl Giggle

not at the expense of making yourself look a fucking utter tool
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #620 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 22:13:10 »

I said only a few days ago that with the window having closed, Wilson going was not even up for discussion. I have had a bit of a re-think on that one though. If the wheels have fallen off as badly as they would appear to have done, you have to ask yourself if he can really turn things round any more (most people probably have a ready answer for that). OK, a new manager can’t sign anyone (although there’s always the option of emergency loans) but the right man could bring in some badly needed organization, belief, direction, passion and generally lift the players who have clearly dug themselves into a massive rut.

I had a very random thought today and wondered if Dennis Wise wouldn’t mind coming in until the end of the season? To my mind, he did an absolutely fantastic job for us in a very short space of time when he was here before. I think he would certainly instil those things I mentioned; organization, belief etc. I don’t see him as a long term solution but right now I think it could be an arrangement that works well for all parties as it could get his career back on track as well. Ultimately, the bloke’s a fighter who seems to be able to get the best out of players and that’s what we need right now.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #621 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 22:18:31 »

I said only a few days ago that with the window having closed, Wilson going was not even up for discussion. I have had a bit of a re-think on that one though. If the wheels have fallen off as badly as they would appear to have done, you have to ask yourself if he can really turn things round any more (most people probably have a ready answer for that). OK, a new manager can’t sign anyone (although there’s always the option of emergency loans) but the right man could bring in some badly needed organization, belief, direction, passion and generally lift the players who have clearly dug themselves into a massive rut.

I had a very random thought today and wondered if Dennis Wise wouldn’t mind coming in until the end of the season? To my mind, he did an absolutely fantastic job for us in a very short space of time when he was here before. I think he would certainly instil those things I mentioned; organization, belief etc. I don’t see him as a long term solution but right now I think it could be an arrangement that works well for all parties as it could get his career back on track as well. Ultimately, the bloke’s a fighter who seems to be able to get the best out of players and that’s what we need right now.

I think we all know deep down who was the real influence out of Wise and Poyet

Poyet .............. yes

Wise ...................... midget cunt on a par with Cureton
Coca Fola

« Reply #622 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 23:41:24 »

not at the expense of making yourself look a fucking utter tool
That's what you do every single day. I'll leave it to a professional like you.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #623 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 23:44:44 »

Get Jim Magilton in.

Wouldn't mind that. Good rep for style of football and was unlucky to get sacked in his last 2 jobs.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #624 on: Wednesday, February 9, 2011, 23:48:21 »

Wouldn't mind that. Good rep for style of football and was unlucky to get sacked in his last 2 jobs.

And i've just remembered he's a scummer. So I take that all back.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #625 on: Thursday, February 10, 2011, 06:53:43 »

Smugness is fun.  Girl Giggle

...but smugness can stop you from doing all the things in life you'd like to!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #626 on: Thursday, February 10, 2011, 07:25:54 »

In response to the earlier post about Jim Magilton; Having worked in Ipswich for a couple of years in an office full of tractor boys, I had to listen, day in day out, to them absolutely slating Magilton from dawn til dusk. I think therefore that if we were to appoint him I would be physically sick.
sn5_red

« Reply #627 on: Thursday, February 10, 2011, 07:28:52 »

Use the Austin money to poach tisdale
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #628 on: Thursday, February 10, 2011, 08:31:09 »

I like that idea. Tisdale has done a very good job at Exeter.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #629 on: Thursday, February 10, 2011, 08:33:19 »

That's what you do every single day. I'll leave it to a professional like you.

What the fuck is that?

I mean really, why bother at all. If you don't have a reply then why not just leave it, instead of spouting inane childish crap like that. Why bother to confirm to everybody that you're a fucking Muppet? Why not just keep it quiet and have everybody just thinking you might be a fucking tool instead.

Question:

If you were to come out with such an idiotic fucking response in the pub, what do you think the most likely reaction would be?:

A) All of your chums pat you on the back and buy your rounds all night because they adore your masterful wit and sublime repartee

or

B) Everybody spits in your beer and shoves their fingers in your eye before telling you to get the fuck out, because you are a fucking tool who is best kept away from society for your own good?

Fuck me, the internet really draws out the imbeciles. And don't try some smart-arse reply because you are clearly incapable of it.

Fucking Muppet.

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: