Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wilson Out  (Read 80780 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 19:28:46 »

congratulations Smiley
welshred

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 19:39:29 »

Oops. My mistake. I'm sure we've beaten Yeovil 4-2 at home fairly recently.

I was actually at the B'mouth game. First glimpse of one Albert Jarrett if I'm right.
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #407 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 19:43:26 »

I can't help but think sticking with him will be a better decision longer term. He got us out of a mess and took us to a play off final when nothing was expected of him. Yeah, he hasn't done well this season but at the same time we've had rotten luck this season and we're suffering a massive playoff hangover which is pretty common.

We've shown enough times this season that we can be a fucking good team, and the last few performances have been encouraging. Wilson is a good manager, you'd do well to find a player that doesn't like him, and he hasn't become crap overnight.

Chopping and changing managers will do us no good. We all moaned at Sturrock and Wise's lack of loyalty, why should we have the right to moan about them if we show Wilson no loyalty? Granted this season has been poor but, with a little perspective, he's done a great job here and has produced the best football my generation has seen.

I'd keep him, for a long time. Finish this season with a bit of momentum (I'm confident he'll keep us up and we'll finish strong) and go into next season flying, with the younger players continuing to improve.

Maybe I'm a little naïve thinking longer term, but I just feel very strongly that Fitton's doing a good job by backing him. Even if we do go down, who would do a better job at getting us out of that league than Wilson?! There's no better manager for that level, should the worst happen.

It's tough because obviously we all want instant success and this year it aint happening, but I'm confident if he's still given the time and funds, Wilson will do good things here.

Excellent post, well said

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #408 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 20:22:11 »

I think it's too late to get rid of him now so I've cast aside those thoughts. But like others I do think he should have gone a few weeks ago. But Fitton has backed him in the transfer window and if I don't have the hope we will improve dramatically then I may as well throw in the towel now (which I won't). Entertaining the idea Wilson will leave is more than likely futile, which is probably what the Wilson-in camp have realised.

But for those people moaning about the moaners - the team is shit and has been for a long time. The opinion that Wilson needs to be sacked isn't wrong, just different to yours.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #409 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 20:26:39 »

Same as, Si.. and a couple of others have said it aswell.

After Yeovil, I think. When we went down to ten and he took Ritchie off, I slumped into my seat saying oh god he's lost it. I spent the walk back to the car saying he's gotta go. This is just like what the Hartlepool fans said...

But it hasn't happened, it won't happen and I honestly don't see the point in repeating the same old, this seasons a failure no matter what, he's not good enough, over and over and over and over.

Maybe losing Charlie will be a good thing. The last 2 performances have certainly been better. It seems to have bucked everyone up. Who knows why exactly?

I think we'll stay up with a couple more additions in the loans and I will gladly eat humble pie because 2 weeks ago, hell, 1 week ago, I was convinced we were going down.

WE ARE WILSONS RED AND WHITE ARMY.

Whether we like it or not and I think we need to show him our support.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #410 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 20:54:48 »

I agree 100% with you b3nny
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #411 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 20:58:22 »

I think it's too late to get rid of him now so I've cast aside those thoughts. But like others I do think he should have gone a few weeks ago. But Fitton has backed him in the transfer window and if I don't have the hope we will improve dramatically then I may as well throw in the towel now (which I won't). Entertaining the idea Wilson will leave is more than likely futile, which is probably what the Wilson-in camp have realised.

But for those people moaning about the moaners - the team is shit and has been for a long time. The opinion that Wilson needs to be sacked isn't wrong, just different to yours.
Spot on Si.... Let's bum
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #412 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 20:58:31 »

Indeed, I think he should have gone - he hasnt.

He wont go now, so yes we are stuck with him. Right decision? we'll see wont we.
Dazzza

« Reply #413 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 21:54:47 »

Spot on Si.... Let's bum

I agree fancy a double fisting?

chalkies_shorts

« Reply #414 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 22:07:20 »

I agree fancy a double fisting?
I agree with Si - make that a treble fisting
The Professor

Ignore
« Reply #415 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 22:17:23 »

I am firmly in the 'Wilson must stay' camp.  Like every Town fan, I am hugely disappointed with this season.  Like every supporter I had hoped we'd carry on from the disappointment of last season's play-off defeat & the quality of the signings (Caddis, Ferry & initially O'Brien & Rose too) raised my expectations.  The sale of Greer was a surprise although the fee received seemed generous. I expected Cuthbert to assume his leadership mantle & Morrison finally to become established in the side and demonstrate his potential. He did but never consistently. The leadership was never apparent and whatever the quality of Greer's defensive play his organisational abilities have been missed.  We also lost Paynter & although we now realise he had his best ever season with us last year I thought he would not prove indispensible.  Sadly Pericard hasn't developed into an adequate replacement although I was encouraged when he came on against Norwich last season & physically impressed against 2 resolute defenders. This season he's not been as physically intimidating as I had anticipated and Charlie Austin has been pretty much our lone threat up front.

The major disappointment though has been the lack of consistency in the team. They have had some good performances this season - but not enough of them. Players like Ferry, Cuthbert, Amankawaah & JPM have not been so impressive or consistent.  This coupled with injuries, suspensions and postponements have disrupted the side. I cannot blame Wilson for that & I do think that he has tried very hard to improve the side. However, he has a budget that he is obliged to stick to and he has been rebuffed when he's identified players & tried to get them on loan or permanently.  Some like Ball when they have come in, haven't developed as we've hoped they would. I know that ultimately the manager is responsible and maybe he's been perhaps too loyal to some players, playing them when they could have been replaced. However I am impressed with the apparent quality of the new signings Flint, Misun & Benyon. We still need at least one new striker but there appears to be a new spirit in the team as witnessed against Exeter and by all accounts against Bournemouth too.
In conclusion then, I am not sure that Wilson can be held responsible for loss of form or injuries although I do think he's apparently been slow to respond to situations. And the $64,000 question - who would be a definite & guaranteed improvement if he were to be replaced?  No, I think the club is being run sensibly & responsibly under his stewardship so let's back him & the team to get out of this appalling relegation zone.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #416 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 22:20:38 »

I didnt say anything about not supporting the team or booing everyone and everything or anything like that.
Sorry didn't mean you did. My first line was in response to you, the rest was more general musings
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #417 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 22:35:11 »

I am firmly in the 'Wilson must stay' camp.  Like every Town fan, I am hugely disappointed with this season.  Like every supporter I had hoped we'd carry on from the disappointment of last season's play-off defeat & the quality of the signings (Caddis, Ferry & initially O'Brien & Rose too) raised my expectations.  The sale of Greer was a surprise although the fee received seemed generous. I expected Cuthbert to assume his leadership mantle & Morrison finally to become established in the side and demonstrate his potential. He did but never consistently. The leadership was never apparent and whatever the quality of Greer's defensive play his organisational abilities have been missed.  We also lost Paynter & although we now realise he had his best ever season with us last year I thought he would not prove indispensible.  Sadly Pericard hasn't developed into an adequate replacement although I was encouraged when he came on against Norwich last season & physically impressed against 2 resolute defenders. This season he's not been as physically intimidating as I had anticipated and Charlie Austin has been pretty much our lone threat up front.

The major disappointment though has been the lack of consistency in the team. They have had some good performances this season - but not enough of them. Players like Ferry, Cuthbert, Amankawaah & JPM have not been so impressive or consistent.  This coupled with injuries, suspensions and postponements have disrupted the side. I cannot blame Wilson for that & I do think that he has tried very hard to improve the side. However, he has a budget that he is obliged to stick to and he has been rebuffed when he's identified players & tried to get them on loan or permanently.  Some like Ball when they have come in, haven't developed as we've hoped they would. I know that ultimately the manager is responsible and maybe he's been perhaps too loyal to some players, playing them when they could have been replaced. However I am impressed with the apparent quality of the new signings Flint, Misun & Benyon. We still need at least one new striker but there appears to be a new spirit in the team as witnessed against Exeter and by all accounts against Bournemouth too.
In conclusion then, I am not sure that Wilson can be held responsible for loss of form or injuries although I do think he's apparently been slow to respond to situations. And the $64,000 question - who would be a definite & guaranteed improvement if he were to be replaced?  No, I think the club is being run sensibly & responsibly under his stewardship so let's back him & the team to get out of this appalling relegation zone.

I agree with all of that Prof. Even though I am Pro-Wilson (I l've liked him since he was a player at Forest) I will admit I was seriously wavering a few weeks ago when the transfer window had not been open long, Gary Johnson had just come on the market and we'd lost to Oldham and Yeovil having ripped Charlton to shreds. Now the Window has closed getting rid of DW should not even be up for discussion. As ball breakingly disappointing as this season has been, the long term prospects for the club have never looked better.
cheltred69

Ignore
« Reply #418 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 22:50:26 »

Good post Prof.  Agree with a lot that you say.
I am still surprised that we're in the mess that we are.  I still think that our squad is too good to be relegated despite what the league table says and I know that this doesn't defiintely mean that we'll escape.
Overall I think that sticking with Wilson, as I'm sure the Board will do in any case, is the best option - if a panic change would help I'm sure that the Board would have picked up the vibes and be sending him on his way.
I'm not so sure that the suspension and injury card is a particularly good excuse - we've not suffered more than a typical team would and we have sufficient depth in the squad to be able to deal with this.
Yes, the problem is consistency but that's so for all teams and players at this level - if they were more consistent a lot of the players would be playing at a higher level.
We've had problems all over the team rather than in one aspect. 
The defence has been unnecessarily leaky but it has been in past years and we've survived.
Midfield - can't settle on a preferred combination - doesn't help consistency but it can't be said that Wilson won't try to shake things up.  Biggest disappointment is that Dougie and Prutts have played well together on very few occasions.
Biggest problem is the obvious.  I've never been remotely impressed with Vince or TD and I thought from the first few weeks of the season that we needed another striker.  Why has it apparently taken until now for DW to have this view?
We're in a battle now - I'm still confident but I think that how well the team reacts should determine whether Danny is still here next year - a narrow escape shouldn't be seen as a success!!
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #419 on: Wednesday, February 2, 2011, 22:51:28 »

I am firmly in the 'Wilson must stay' camp.  Like every Town fan, I am hugely disappointed with this season.  Like every supporter I had hoped we'd carry on from the disappointment of last season's play-off defeat & the quality of the signings (Caddis, Ferry & initially O'Brien & Rose too) raised my expectations.  The sale of Greer was a surprise although the fee received seemed generous. I expected Cuthbert to assume his leadership mantle & Morrison finally to become established in the side and demonstrate his potential. He did but never consistently. The leadership was never apparent and whatever the quality of Greer's defensive play his organisational abilities have been missed.  We also lost Paynter & although we now realise he had his best ever season with us last year I thought he would not prove indispensible.  Sadly Pericard hasn't developed into an adequate replacement although I was encouraged when he came on against Norwich last season & physically impressed against 2 resolute defenders. This season he's not been as physically intimidating as I had anticipated and Charlie Austin has been pretty much our lone threat up front.

The major disappointment though has been the lack of consistency in the team. They have had some good performances this season - but not enough of them. Players like Ferry, Cuthbert, Amankawaah & JPM have not been so impressive or consistent.  This coupled with injuries, suspensions and postponements have disrupted the side. I cannot blame Wilson for that & I do think that he has tried very hard to improve the side. However, he has a budget that he is obliged to stick to and he has been rebuffed when he's identified players & tried to get them on loan or permanently.  Some like Ball when they have come in, haven't developed as we've hoped they would. I know that ultimately the manager is responsible and maybe he's been perhaps too loyal to some players, playing them when they could have been replaced. However I am impressed with the apparent quality of the new signings Flint, Misun & Benyon. We still need at least one new striker but there appears to be a new spirit in the team as witnessed against Exeter and by all accounts against Bournemouth too.
In conclusion then, I am not sure that Wilson can be held responsible for loss of form or injuries although I do think he's apparently been slow to respond to situations. And the $64,000 question - who would be a definite & guaranteed improvement if he were to be replaced?  No, I think the club is being run sensibly & responsibly under his stewardship so let's back him & the team to get out of this appalling relegation zone.

Well fucking said.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: