Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Peacock  (Read 13386 times)
McLovin

« Reply #105 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2006, 14:58:10 »

Quote from: "DV85"
Quote from: "Dave Blackcurrant"
No not always, but it's a habit they have gotten stuck with.

As people keep saying, Iffy might not tell them to play hoof-ball, but he should fucking well stop them from the sidelines. I don't see him ever complaining about our style of play.

how do you stop a teaming play hoof ball though, you can shout at them all you want, you can train them all you want....but put them in a game situation and we will go back to that method.

We should be playing players that fit with out style, not changing our style to fit the players we have.

You cant ask footballers to do things they arent capable of...

My school of management:

"Oi, Jerel!  You useless clown! Punt that fucking ball aimlessly again when you aren't under pressure, and i'll dock you half a weeks wages..."

They'll learn.
mattboyslim

« Reply #106 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2006, 15:01:10 »

I guess thats why Iffy is bringing players in that he says suits the style he wants to play DV.  At our level I believe that certain players just don not have the capability to do certain things, if they did they'd be above our level. All palyers at our level have weaknesses, the best managers balance them out and develop a style of play that minimises the weaknesses of the side.  I think the ongoing quest for the midfield shield has been an acknowledgement of our problems, ideally allowing migs to be more attacking and stop hoofing things.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2006, 15:06:42 »

No not always, but it's a habit they have gotten stuck with.

As people keep saying, Iffy might not tell them to play hoof-ball, but he should fucking well stop them from the sidelines. I don't see him ever complaining about our style of play.

how do you stop a teaming play hoof ball though, you can shout at them all you want, you can train them all you want....but put them in a game situation and we will go back to that method.

We should be playing players that fit with out style, not changing our style to fit the players we have.

You cant ask footballers to do things they arent capable of...

My school of management:

"Oi, Jerel!  You useless clown! Punt that fucking ball aimlessly again when you aren't under pressure, and i'll dock you half a weeks wages..."

They'll learn.

That would be my style of management as well, but again that doesnt mean it will actually work....
McLovin

« Reply #108 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2006, 15:09:40 »

Transfer list him if he disobeys instructions, and make him train with the youths. Iffy CAN (if he's any good) influence how they at least TRY and play.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2006, 15:12:16 »

Transfer list him if he disobeys instructions, and make him train with the youths. Iffy CAN (if he's any good) influence how they at least TRY and play.

then we'd have no first team  :shock:

I believe we dont play passing football because we cant, not because we dont want to....
McLovin

« Reply #110 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2006, 15:13:31 »

We sometimes played some sexy football under King... Wink
SwindonFan

« Reply #111 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2006, 15:16:28 »

6 foot plus dazza?? look at this then,
suck my cock u twat

http://www.carlisleunited.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Squad/ProfilesDetail/0,,10361~9955,00.html
Piemonte

« Reply #112 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2006, 15:20:30 »

We play hoofball because our players are generally a bit shit. this is also why we are a point off the bottom.

I agree that it is a regret that we cant play to cureton's strengths, that would mean we'd have a half decent team that is actually capable of playing football. Ifil is half the problem here.

In my view, the only way we are staying up is if Iffy can assemble a team that can play hoofball effectivley. Which is why signing Peacock, Paul Smith and the "unamed winger"  is a good idea.
STFC Village

« Reply #113 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2006, 15:21:25 »

Quote from: "SwindonFan"
suck my cock u twat
:shock: http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/liebe/love-smiley-083.gif
McLovin

« Reply #114 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2006, 15:23:32 »

Maybe we'll get a winger that can actually cross a ball, rather than run rather quickly in straight lines out of the field of play...
mattboyslim

« Reply #115 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2006, 15:29:14 »

Signing another winger does alarm me a bit, we already have stroud,  nicolau, and brown on the left, shakes I guess is our only right winger as Roberts is the other option, but to have so many wingers might be overkill.  I guess if they're better than what we have it'd be great, hopefully like Paul edwards was would suit me.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2006, 15:43:11 »

Maybe we'll get a winger that can actually cross a ball, rather than run rather quickly in straight lines out of the field of play...

oh...oh...oh...here it is, you mean like....say for example....someone really random....like...Nicky Summerbee?!
Piemonte

« Reply #117 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2006, 16:13:51 »

oh...oh...oh...here it is, you mean like....say for example....someone really random....like...Nicky Summerbee?!

No, they need to be able to run as well :run:
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2006, 16:32:01 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"

No, they need to be able to run as well :run:

...and Nicky Summerbee cant run because?
Cookie

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Wednesday, January 18, 2006, 16:49:59 »

We play hoofball because our players are generally a bit shit. this is also why we are a point off the bottom.

I agree that it is a regret that we cant play to cureton's strengths, that would mean we'd have a half decent team that is actually capable of playing football. Ifil is half the problem here.

In my view, the only way we are staying up is if Iffy can assemble a team that can play hoofball effectivley. Which is why signing Peacock, Paul Smith and the "unamed winger" is a good idea.

I agree completely. Looks like Iffy is building a fast and powerful unit (or trying to!) capable of battling it out with the best of them. Sounds familiar, Lou Macari anyone?
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: